PDA

View Full Version : Happy things!

Pages : [1] 2

GeekyPenguin
10-15-2003, 05:32 PM
A lot of the other groups have a highs/lows thread, but since we already have our "Venting..." thread I thought we should have a just a happy thread!

My happy thought for the day is that I don't have class again until Monday! I love fall break! AND I don't have to work every day over the break like I thought they would make me, only two days!!! Hurray!

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-15-2003, 06:20 PM
I had a date with an awesome guy last Friday.......

AND, he called Monday evening wanting me to come over to watch football (yes, Brian's been out for a while).

I'm leaving in 16 days for a week in the Caribbean........woo hoo

GeekyPenguin
10-16-2003, 10:00 AM
I finally figured out a way to make my doggie be good! He always likes to be crazy in the mornings when I am home (especially during the middle of the week when I'm not normally here!) so sometimes I sing songs to him - today I sang him door songs, substituting Poo for you! (He's a Lhasa Poo.)

I can't believe I'm actually admitting this, but it works! He just sat there mesmerized watching me clap. I'm pretty sure my mom thought I was crazy after "Gamma Phi Beta welcomes Poo here!" I think this is more proof that he actually wants to be a girl puppy.

GPhiLlama
10-17-2003, 09:50 AM
It's Friday, so it's the weekend and I get to wear my letters today! :)

GeekyPenguin
10-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by GPhiLlama
It's Friday, so it's the weekend and I get to wear my letters today! :)

Woohoo! You get initiated pretty soon, don't you?

GPhiLlama
10-17-2003, 06:57 PM
Actually, most of the girls in my pledge class just got pinned. I was in a show, so I couldn't make any of the meetings. They're being really really nice about it, though!

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Another happy thing...........:D

I'm going to the Seahawks game with the same guy I went out with last Friday (and did I say I saw him Monday night too).;)

Woo Hoo.........

AND...........one month until my birthday.

Your resident moderator likes presents too.........LOL:D :D :D :D

GeekyPenguin
10-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by GPhiLlama
Actually, most of the girls in my pledge class just got pinned. I was in a show, so I couldn't make any of the meetings. They're being really really nice about it, though!

OK, maybe I'm crazy then! When do you get initiated?

GeekyPenguin
10-18-2003, 12:53 AM
Yay for you and your date, Melanie!!!!! And I will draw you a lovely picture of a present. ;)

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-18-2003, 04:07 PM
I might even see him tonight. He was going to go out with a co-worker but that might not happen so he might come over. I figure just the fact that he said "that sounds wonderful" when I asked (rather than anything less enthusiastic) is a good sign whether he can make it or not. But he's hard to figure out.........

GeekyPenguin
10-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by SmartBlondeGPhB
I might even see him tonight. He was going to go out with a co-worker but that might not happen so he might come over. I figure just the fact that he said "that sounds wonderful" when I asked (rather than anything less enthusiastic) is a good sign whether he can make it or not. But he's hard to figure out.........

Oooh la la. ;) You'll have to let us know what happens!

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Haven't heard from him yet, so I'm assuming things are on with his friend. But that's ok. I've got cleaning, etc to do and could use another early to bed night (slight sinus infection).

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-18-2003, 09:54 PM
HE'S COMING OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He says he'll only stay a couple of hours because he still needs to write a letter of rec for one of his students (he teaches HS).

Yes, I'm a mature adult...........:D :p

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Oooh la la. ;) You'll have to let us know what happens!

Let's just say it was fun...........;)

He did only stay a couple of hours.

gphiangel624
10-20-2003, 01:50 AM
Not sure if this should be on the happy things thread, or if I should start a "God help me/Boy drama of the week" thread, but I'm too lazy to start my own thread...

Ok, so my ex from like 3 years ago, who I was very very in love with and very happy with has recently been on my mind SO MUCH lately... Background: I broke up with him because he basically had a plan for us; when and where we'd get married, where we would live, how many kids we'd have, what kind of cars we'd drive, what color our house would be, etc. At the time, that freaked me out and I couldn't handle something so serious. We had some issues, tried getting back together, but it didn't work. We were on a talking basis about every month or so and went to dinner once, then I learned he had a g/f and she was moving in with him. So I didn't want to interfere, even as a friend.

Well, this guy has been on my mind CONSTANTLY for like 2-3 weeks now. I wanted to call him, but didn't have the guts and was so afraid of stepping on the g/f's toes, so I didn't. He called me tonight... I nearly flipped out! So we talk for a long time, he's broken up with the girl, she's moving out and up north, he's still in love with me (he tells me). We talk a lot longer, I keep seeing all these awesome things I would overlook when we broke up... and we made plans to go out this weekend, and if they go well, we're going to Disneyland in 3 weeks.

So now I'm tripping out! Is it stupid for me to even think about getting back together with an ex? He was a great guy, had some minor issues, but he's grown up a lot, as have I, and I think we always had something that was just incredible... What should I do?!!

GeekyPenguin
10-20-2003, 02:38 AM
Carol, that's totally not stupid - I remember you talking about this boy a little another time and you seem totally into him. Give it a shot.

And meanwhile, there was this boy I had a huge crush on our senior year of high school. Well, turns out he had an internet girlfriend from Canada (I know! :rolleyes:) so that went nowhere, and I dated the guy who cheated on me but I kept dating him anyway until we left for college. Two days later, I was pretty much together with GPBoy. Now internet girlfriend boy just waltzed back into my life because a mutual friend told me his girlfriend just cheated on him, so I sent him an email saying I know how much it sucks and if he ever wants to talk to let me know...and he wants to see me this weekend over fall break. Disturbing.

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-20-2003, 11:15 AM
Carol, not bad at all to get back together with him. I'd be freaked out too if someone had my life planned out that much for me. Go out with him and see what happens. Once you see him in person, he may or may not be what you're wanting now.

GPhiLlama
10-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Oh, yay! Happy thing! :D :D

I got pinned tonight. :) My initation is November 17th!

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-20-2003, 11:18 PM
What an awesome day for initiation!

(yes, that's my birthday.....)

LOL:D :D :D

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-20-2003, 11:18 PM
But, congratulations...........:)

gphiangel624
10-21-2003, 07:35 PM
You guys are awesome... thanks for the support. I'm excited about going out with him on Friday. I do miss him, the more I think about it and the more I talk about it with people that know how we were together. Now i have one other issue...

My best friend, who I told this whole situation to, thinks that if Matthew and I are going to start being more honest and serious with each other (just in case), that I need to open up NOW as to something I kept from him. When we were together, he bought a really pretty sapphire ring for me for Christmas. I kept it after we broke up, but told him I sold it (because he said why should I keep it, etc). Honestly, I wear the ring all the time (and I don't think it matters that I wear it on my left hand ring finger; that's not an important finger till it's a fat diamond set in platinum in my opinion ;) ) So should I tell him that I still have it, or should I wear it on Friday and just let him see or what? I know this may seem trivial, but it's important to me, and I don't want him to get the wrong idea about it, you know?

I love you guys by the way. :D

GeekyPenguin
10-21-2003, 07:42 PM
I think you should wear it and let him see it - I think it would mean a lot to him that you still have it.

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-22-2003, 01:03 AM
I think you should wear it and let him see it - I think it would mean a lot to him that you still have it.

My thoughts exactly, but on the RIGHT hand..........

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-22-2003, 01:04 AM
BTW: I have a date with a different guy on Friday. I am seriously liking being single right now...........

GeekyPenguin
10-22-2003, 01:18 AM
Melanie, I am glad to know you are making up for my lack of males! I have a date with my mom to go shopping on Friday if that counts for anything. ;)

And here's some Gamma Phi happy news - my sisters voted me guest of honor at banquet, which I wasn't going to go back for, but how can I turn that down? I'm actually somewhat excited for it because it'll be fun to see everyone again (although it is just a week after initiation). I think I'm taking one of the SigEp's biological little brothers - I just told my Gamma Phi little to find me an acceptable date. ;)

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-22-2003, 01:25 AM
It's usually feast or famine with me............

It just happens to be feast right now.

And yes, it counts. Especially if mom is buying.............

gphiangel624
10-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Last night was so amazing! I went over to Matthew's house, he made me dinner and we rented some movies. Not the most creative date or anything, but it was fun and I didn't want to do anything too outgoing in case I ended up not having a good time. He was just so incredible last night- it was like we had never broken up. He surprised me a lot because we got to talking about stuff that's gone on since we broke up and he didn't get upset or hurt when I'd talk about Alan (my most recent ex) or anything. It seems like he's grown up a lot.

As for the ring, he was looking at the ruby my dad gave me for graduation and made a comment that he was surprised I didn't get a sapphire (my birthstone and favorite jewel). I told him why I didn't, but that I still wear my sapphires in my necklace and my class ring, and he asked if I still wore the ring he gave me. I was just quiet and he looked at me and said "I know you never sold it. I know you still have it. I understand if you don't wear it." I told him that I do still wear it, but that I didn't want him getting the wrong idea. I could tell he was happy that I kept the ring though.

We're going out tonight, probably with a couple of my friends, so hopefully I'm still feeling the same as yesterday. Wish me luck!

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-25-2003, 05:34 PM
WOO HOO!

And yes, sending very good wishes your way!

My date was pretty good. He's an SAE alum from the UW so we talked a lot about that. We'll see. I don't think things are going anywhere with the guy I went to the game with last weekend.

gphiangel624
10-25-2003, 09:46 PM
Well, things still going really well with Matthew (I know, it's only been a few hours, but whatever... I'm still on a natural high!), but I'm really worried for him right now. Some of you may have heard of the fires going on in SoCal right now; there are two that are very local to me that are still burning- one in Rancho Cucamonga (the "Grand Prix" fire), and one in San Bernardino (at the base of Lake Arrowhead). Matthew is very close to the one at the base of Lake Arrowhead, and the Grand Prix fire is moving much closer to where he lives; right smack in the middle. His grandmother's house and two aunts have all ready been evacuated, and he's waiting at his house for the police to tell them to leave, but they're all packed up. Pretty scary... Hopefully all these fires stop soon- the smoke is just disgusting and the ashes have been raining down every so often, even though the fires are over 30 miles from where I live- really scary.

Keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers!

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-25-2003, 10:55 PM
Well, if he's all packed up it sounds like he isn't going to risk anything by staying around his house longer than he should.

Besides, he likes a Gamma Phi. He's definitely SMART.

Good luck to all of you, I've been seeing the news.

Cluey
10-26-2003, 04:54 PM
I went to my first initiation "on the other side" this morning. Tre` exciting! :)

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-26-2003, 11:45 PM
I will never get tired of going to initiation!

Count down................

5 days until I leave for vacation!

Cluey
11-28-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm trying to bump this thread since we need to get more action in our little forum... ;)

Happy things

- Thanksgiving was awesome!
- It's Friday!
- I cleaned my room and I now feel super organized!

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-28-2003, 09:05 PM
I've done most of my Christmas cards and all my decorations/tree are in my living room waiting to go up..........

:D

Cluey
11-28-2003, 09:08 PM
I've done most of my Christmas cards and all my decorations/tree are in my living room waiting to go up..........

:D

Overachiever :p

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Cluey
Overachiever :p

So I probably shouldn't tell you my shopping's mostly done as well????? (w/out going out today):D

(I only have my parents to buy for)

BUT, I still have to PUT up the tree and the decorations.......

GeekyPenguin
11-28-2003, 10:28 PM
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Navy boys! :)

Cluey
11-28-2003, 10:28 PM
I actually have most of my shopping done. I've done all the friends' gifts, so it's just the family now.

This year was so easy, though. I just got all my friends personalized stationary because they never write anymore!

Cluey
11-28-2003, 10:31 PM
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Navy boys! :)

Then you would looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Jacksonville! ;)

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-28-2003, 10:34 PM
We've got a bunch of them over this way too.

Of course, you have to live in Everett, Oak Harbor or Bremerton but they are NAVY towns........

GeekyPenguin
11-28-2003, 11:01 PM
Seriously, I want a navy boy. I would really like Captain Rabb from JAG but I realize that isn't really possible!

I was shopping at Gurnee Mills today and they were all over...and Ruby Tuesday's had the hottest waiters ever! I love it!

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-28-2003, 11:45 PM
You could come out here and attend UPS. It's not too far from McCord AF Base, Ft Lewis (Army) or Bremerton Naval Shipyard. Homeport Everett isn't too close to any of the 4 year colleges though....

;)

ETA: Forgot to mention it has a Gamma Phi Chapter (of course) :)

Cluey
11-28-2003, 11:52 PM
I've seen "An Officer and a Gentleman". I know all about the Puget Debs ;)

Sorry! I couldn't resist! :)

GeekyPenguin
11-28-2003, 11:56 PM
You could come out here and attend UPS. It's not too far from McCord AF Base, Ft Lewis (Army) or Bremerton Naval Shipyard. Homeport Everett isn't too close to any of the 4 year colleges though....

;)

ETA: Forgot to mention it has a Gamma Phi Chapter (of course) :)

Somehow I just don't think my grad/law schools will approve of another transfer. :p

However, if any of you see a cute Navy boy, send him my way. You know my type!

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-29-2003, 12:01 AM
Somehow I just don't think my grad/law schools will approve of another transfer. :p

However, if any of you see a cute Navy boy, send him my way. You know my type!

Well, then you could come out for Law School.......

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Tree is UP (fully decorated) and the cat hasn't tried to climb it yet. Once I completely shut the computer down I was able to finish around 11:30.........

NOT looking forward to taking it all down.......

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-30-2003, 02:14 AM
As if men weren't messing with me enough.................

This evening, as I'm getting ready to leave to meet a girlfriend to go to a play, a guy (who I've mentioned on here) calls me (after hearing nothing from him for about 2 weeks) and asked if I want to go to the hockey game TONIGHT.

THEN, after the play we're walking to the restaurant and I look at my cell phone (had been on silent during the play) and I missed a call! Ok, my cell phone rings every once in a blue so I'm thinking I'm pretty popular right about now. It's from a DIFFERENT guy who thought he'd have better luck catching me if he tried my cell phone.

DO THEY THINK I HAVE NO LIFE OR SOMETHING????????

And, why couldn't they have called YESTERDAY. I spent the evening putting up my Christmas tree............

Any bets on how long it will be before I hear from mr. hockey again????

One word..................MEN

GeekyPenguin
12-04-2003, 08:54 PM
TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY OF CLASS THIS SEMESTER!!!!

There aren't enough smilies to express my joy, so I think I need to throw these little sassy numbers in here too:

http://superbabies.homestead.com/files/tux.gifhttp://superbabies.homestead.com/files/tux.gif http://superbabies.homestead.com/files/tux.gif http://superbabies.homestead.com/files/tux.gif http://superbabies.homestead.com/files/tux.gif

Also I have a crush on this boy, and it's probably going nowhere, but it's a pretty good feeling to know that still I have the ability.

SmartBlondeGPhB
12-05-2003, 12:46 AM
NEVER give up hope. I am a walking example........

The Sigma Chi I told you about IM'd me tonight. He's up working at Crystal Mt and quite far from me for the season (to shorten the story). He was wanting what most men who've done nothing but work for a few weeks want. He commented that it was too bad I didn't live closer and here's how the conversation went:

Me: well I'd probably invite you over
Him: probably?
Me: I wouldn't want you to accuse me of making a whiny grab for attention
Him: Why would I accuse you of that?
Me: Well..........
Me: You already accused me of it once
Him: Oh
Me: Yep, I guess you don't remember
Him: no
Me: yah, our last conversation wasn't a pleasant thing.

But I told him it was no longer a big deal (do I need him?) and I think things are cool now. I think he lost power though because he disappeared from online pretty suddenly.

So see? You never know might happen when a MAN is involved. My CATS are less troublesome...........:confused:

SmartBlondeGPhB
12-05-2003, 12:49 AM
Besides Kathleen..............

Kitso's not too far from you. lol:D

AND.................the tree is STILL completely standing.............

GeekyPenguin
12-05-2003, 01:34 AM
Besides Kathleen..............

Kitso's not too far from you. lol:D

AND.................the tree is STILL completely standing.............

Melanie, there's just some places we don't need to go! Yes, Kitso may be "geographically" closer but I think the Senator and I have more in common. ;)

I think you should tell your Sigma Chi to grow up and grow a pair well he's at it.

And YAY for the tree still standing. My mom bought me a bunch of Penguin Product that I'm going to decorate with next week when I should be studying. :p

GeekyPenguin
12-12-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm all done with finals, I'm all done with finals, I'm all done with finals and it feels GOOD.

Good luck to all my sisters out there who have finals next week! :p

SmartBlondeGPhB
12-12-2003, 05:46 PM
WOO HOO to you...........

GammaPhigrl
12-14-2003, 11:54 PM
I have the best suggestion for all of your men woes! Date Pi Kappa Phi's. If you have a good chapter out there then your problem is solved. That is where I got my husband and after 8 years together he hasnt failed me yet! And another suggestion(not that anyone has asked my opinion) Every Sigma Chi that myself or another sister dated was a meathead. I would walk away from that one. Not that they aren't perfectly adorable to look at!

in IIKE
Megan

SmartBlondeGPhB
12-15-2003, 10:38 AM
LOL, and you haven't even heard the whole story about the Sigma Chi either.

But, he's not the only guy I'm dating at the moment.........;)

Had a date with a nice southern boy last weekend and I should be seeing him again this weekend (assuming I can get over being sick).

GammaPhigrl
12-15-2003, 10:44 AM
I love the accent, one of the guys I dated was from Raleigh, NC. He was so cute and I could listen to him talk all day!!! Good Luck!! And call me a traditionalist but I love the way a southern man treats women! Opening doors and such. Have fun!
in IIKE
Megan

GeekyPenguin
12-19-2003, 11:38 PM
I met not one but TWO Gamma Phis today while I was at work! One was the incoming President of the Kappa chapter, and the other was an alum from Gamma Gamma! I was pretty excited about it!

GammaPhigrl
12-20-2003, 03:46 PM
I just love meeting other sisters in unexpected places. When my husband and I went on our honeymoon, I wore letters to the airport. I was walking near security and a woman walked up to me and gave me the handshake. At first I was a little taken aback by a strange woman walking up to me and shaking my hand, but then I realized it was a sister and that made it very cool. She was a flight attendant and an alum from FSU. Which futher proves that you should always behave when you wear letters! You never know who may be watching!

in IIKE
Megan

PS Can anyone direct me to directions on how to make pretty pictures at the bottom of my posts?

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-02-2004, 09:54 PM
I had a great New Year's Eve.

I really didn't want to spend the evening with any of the guys I've dated recently, so I went to this party alone (well a good friend was having it). And found a VERY good looking, single, young man who was more than willing to kiss me at midnight (and prior to and after). My friend having the party had even thought we'd go well together.

Of course, my liberal self got into a HEATED discussion with his conservative, MILITARY self over Bush (wanted to break the finger he kept pointing at me) which I figured blew any chance I had.

OF COURSE, as my luck (or not) would have it he shipped out last night for 6 months to Iraq and I will probably never hear from him again (but he is good friends with my friends so who knows).

Why do I keep getting attached to men who then disappear?????????

He was great fun to kiss though.;)

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Tree is UP (fully decorated) and the cat hasn't tried to climb it yet.

Came home from AZ last Sunday and part of the bottom row of lights was on the floor............ it appears he was just waiting for me to leave.

GPhiLlama
01-03-2004, 02:11 AM
Came home from AZ last Sunday and part of the bottom row of lights was on the floor............ it appears he was just waiting for me to leave.

Of course. That's what cats do. :) My new kitten (who's three but still thinks he's pure kitten), was pulling down everything he could get his paws on tonight. Had to keep a close eye on Marshmallow while watching my Star Trek reruns!

GeekyPenguin
01-03-2004, 05:26 PM
I took my dog to the nursing home today to see my grandpa (who is there temporarily) and he ended up visiting half the patients in the building, including the entire Alzheimer's wing. He was SO good, I couldn't believe it!

GammaPhigrl
01-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi Everybody!!!
I can't tell you how happy I am to finally have that thing out of my house! Now don't get me wrong they are beautiful, however when my 22 month old discovered that you can remove the ornaments IT WAS ON! So for the rest of the season my tree was decorated from about 4 ft and up. I have lots of pictures because it was so funny looking!
On a side note I hope everyone had a great time over the holidays! I was in by 7:30 pm on New's Years Eve and I think in bed by 9:30! My how things change.

in IIKE
Megan

GeekyPenguin
01-14-2004, 11:41 PM
I met an interesting boy in classes this week. I think we here at GP might be ready to get back in the swing of things. :)

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Very cool on the boy........

Happy news is I have a date this Sat.

Now for the FREAKY news (which he finds funny for some reason). He's divorced and his ex-wife's name is Melanie.

And......tonight when I get my haircut I'll be able to pick up a picture from the NYE party of me and soldier man..........:D :D :D

Yesterday, I was thinking I might try to get his address overseas to mail him a letter.

GeekyPenguin
01-15-2004, 06:45 PM
I am going to the library on a Thursday night!

(I realize to most of you this may not seem like a happy thing, but we here at GeekyPenguin have some problems with studying - namely, we don't like to. I want to get a 3.75 this semester to make up for last semester, which I spent majoring in Lifetime TV.)

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-15-2004, 07:24 PM
I am going to the library on a Thursday night!

(I realize to most of you this may not seem like a happy thing, but we here at GeekyPenguin have some problems with studying - namely, we don't like to. I want to get a 3.75 this semester to make up for last semester, which I spent majoring in Lifetime TV.)

It's better than going on a Saturday night!

GeekyPenguin
02-05-2004, 01:33 AM
The Thursday night study trend is continuing for week four in a row. Somebody make him want to kiss me, please! :cool:

SmartBlondeGPhB
02-05-2004, 01:50 AM
The Thursday night study trend is continuing for week four in a row. Somebody make him want to kiss me, please! :cool:

Um, HELLO Ms. Liberal..................

WHY DON'T YOU KISS HIM?????????????

It's not against the rules.

GeekyPenguin
02-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Um, HELLO Ms. Liberal..................

WHY DON'T YOU KISS HIM?????????????

It's not against the rules.

Because good Catholic girls don't do that? :p

:: looks around innocently ::

SmartBlondeGPhB
02-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Because good Catholic girls don't do that? :p

:: looks around innocently ::

BS!

Good thing I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read THAT one.

My mother always likes to say (when I try to be innocent) "You can go to hell for lying as well as you can for stealing......"

You could get old and grey waiting for a guy........:D

GeekyPenguin
02-05-2004, 01:53 PM
BS!

Good thing I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read THAT one.

My mother always likes to say (when I try to be innocent) "You can go to hell for lying as well as you can for stealing......"

You could get old and grey waiting for a guy........:D

Are you implying that I'm not a nice Catholic girl? :eek: :confused: :eek:

We'll see how things go tonight. Maybe I'll wear my nerd glasses for the complete innocent schoolgirl look. :p

SmartBlondeGPhB
02-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Are you implying that I'm not a nice Catholic girl? :eek: :confused: :eek:

Oh not at all, I'm sure you are.

I was too so I know exactly how they think........:p

GPhiLlama
02-05-2004, 11:13 PM
I was just appointed Corresponding Secretary for my chapter. Now to figure out how to fit that in! :-D
Guess no one else wanted to write the notes. Eheheheheh.

GeekyPenguin
02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
I totally forgot it was payday today and had just paid $100 worth of bills last night - I was so excited to see my account went UP instead of down. :)

AlmaCoyote
02-24-2004, 01:26 PM
I just wanted to let all my other Gammie girls know that I have exciting news. On February 16th, I had my first candle light!!! I was pearled by my boyfriend (who is a Theta Chi-Alpha Psi chapter) and another one of my sisters had her candle light for getting engaged!! It was a wonderful experience and even more meaningful since it was my little's first candle light and the first thing we got to do as big and little. I love this forum and hearing about all the good (and bad) things going on in sisters' lives around the world. Hope to hear back from you!

All my love in IIKE :)

SmartBlondeGPhB
02-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Congratulations!

GeekyPenguin
02-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Congratulations on your pearling! :D

GeekyPenguin
03-29-2004, 01:55 PM
I went back to see my sisters for banquet this weekend and I had a fantastic time! I really needed to see them again and I've already made plans to go back in a month. :D

GammaPhiBabe
03-31-2004, 10:31 PM
My mom has been approved and has received her training materials for Alumna Initiation into Gamma Phi! :D

We are about 99% sure that she will get to take part in the initiation ceremony at convention this summer!

GeekyPenguin
04-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by GammaPhiBabe
My mom has been approved and has received her training materials for Alumna Initiation into Gamma Phi! :D

We are about 99% sure that she will get to take part in the initiation ceremony at convention this summer!

That's great news! :D

I got a great piece of mail the other day from one of our GCers that completely made my week. ;)

SmartBlondeGPhB
04-08-2004, 12:10 AM
I had a date last night with an awesome guy! We hit it off very well and had a wonderful time.

The weird thing: not only are we both scorpios (ok that could be scary) but we have the SAME birthday. He's just 3 years older than me.

SmartBlondeGPhB
04-19-2004, 11:25 AM
MANY more dates since the first one and things are going very well.:D :D :D :D

GeekyPenguin
04-19-2004, 01:34 PM
MANY more dates since the first one and things are going very well.:D :D :D :D

YAY FOR YOU! :D :D ;)

I am still :mad: at the same stupid boy that I was before, but I'll get over it. :p

kk_bama
04-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by AlmaCoyote
I just wanted to let all my other Gammie girls know that I have exciting news. On February 16th, I had my first candle light!!! I was pearled by my boyfriend (who is a Theta Chi-Alpha Psi chapter) and another one of my sisters had her candle light for getting engaged!! It was a wonderful experience and even more meaningful since it was my little's first candle light and the first thing we got to do as big and little. I love this forum and hearing about all the good (and bad) things going on in sisters' lives around the world. Hope to hear back from you!

We don't do pearling here at Alabama. Is that the same as getting lavaliered? We do lavaliering, pinning, and engagwements, obviously. And congrats!!!

SmartBlondeGPhB
04-19-2004, 11:57 PM
YAY FOR YOU! :D :D ;)

I am still :mad: at the same stupid boy that I was before, but I'll get over it. :p

You just need a man...............lol

Or just take charge of the boy. Grab him one day and plant a big, wet one on him..........

gphiangel624
04-29-2004, 02:57 AM
Two happy things:

1) I got accepted to Cal Poly Pomona for my teaching credential program! YAY, finally getting on with my life and doing something with my hard-earned degree!

2) I'm moving! In less than a month, I'll be moving to an apartment in San Dimas, about 5 minutes away from school with two awesome guys!

You guys have no idea how happy I am right now!

GeekyPenguin
04-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by gphiangel624
Two happy things:

1) I got accepted to Cal Poly Pomona for my teaching credential program! YAY, finally getting on with my life and doing something with my hard-earned degree!

2) I'm moving! In less than a month, I'll be moving to an apartment in San Dimas, about 5 minutes away from school with two awesome guys!

You guys have no idea how happy I am right now!

Congratulations! :D

GeekyPenguin
05-06-2004, 04:21 PM
My semester is over!

I got promoted at my second job so now when my first reopens I don't think I'm going back!

One of my chapter sisters just got a scholarship from the foundation that I wrote her a rec for so I'm excited for that too.

Things are going pretty well here in GP land. :D

GammaPhiBabe
05-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Definite happy thing: I just found out that I got a Foundation Fellowship for next year! It is going to pay almost all of my tuition for my last year of grad school. :D

Also, my mom is definitely being initiated as an AI at convention this summer.

My semester is over, too! Hooray! Although, I only have 1 week off because summer school starts a week from Monday.

SmartBlondeGPhB
05-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Definite happy thing: I just found out that I got a Foundation Fellowship for next year! It is going to pay almost all of my tuition for my last year of grad school. :D

My semester is over, too! Hooray! Although, I only have 1 week off because summer school starts a week from Monday.

Congratulaions!

Cluey
05-09-2004, 08:54 PM
I found a decent apartment to live in for the next year, possibly two, while I go to graduate school - YAY! :D

tinydancer
05-09-2004, 09:09 PM
That's great, Cluey! Where are you going for grad school?

Cluey
05-09-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm going to Baylor, which is right over by your neck of the woods! I just got back from the DFW area this morning :)

tinydancer
05-10-2004, 09:02 PM
How great!!! Yeah, you'll be about 90 miles south of me. We will definitely have to get together!! Congratulations, Baylor is a good school.:)

kk_bama
05-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!! (c:

I heart my chapter advisor!

GammaPhiBabe
05-18-2004, 10:39 PM
I heart my chapter advisor!

And I loooooove my girlies! :D

GPhiLlama
05-21-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm going to Kentucky tomorrow to start my job!!!
(The bad thing being waking up at 4:30 AM to go.)

Cluey
05-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Today was the last day of school! I only have to finish packing up my life, so I can start my cross country move on Wednesday morning...

It's a happy, yet stressful, time for me :)

GeekyPenguin
05-27-2004, 08:31 AM
I hate morning exams! :mad:

Ooops, that wasn't happy. So I got an A+ on my first Philosophy exam. That's happy because I'm an idiot in Phil!

SmartBlondeGPhB
06-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Gamma Phi's newest Alumnae Chapter was installed yesterday!

Congratulations Megan, Liz and all the other members of the Greater Baltimore Alumnae Chapter!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

GeekyPenguin
06-08-2004, 12:57 AM

Congratulations Megan, Liz and all the other members of the Greater Baltimore Alumnae Chapter!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Way to go, ladies! :D

GPhiBLtColonel
06-08-2004, 01:05 AM

Congratulations Liz (and to Amanda from Peachtree City who is Liz's new treasurer - yay!) :D

Also:
Gamma Phi's other newest alumnae chapter was also installed (by yours truly!) on Sunday 6 June 2004 at 3pm EST -- the Palm Beach Alumnae chapter! :D

I love to see new alum chapters get started and grow!!! :D

GeekyPenguin
06-14-2004, 09:33 PM
THE LSAT IS OVER!

THE LSAT IS OVER!

THE LSAT IS OVER!

SmartBlondeGPhB
06-14-2004, 11:37 PM
THE LSAT IS OVER!

THE LSAT IS OVER!

THE LSAT IS OVER!

Woo Hoo.....Congrats!

GeekyPenguin
06-24-2004, 03:24 AM
I leave for Convention tomorrow! I just need to finish this stupid Philosophy paper.

gphiangel624
09-29-2004, 12:37 AM
I HAVE A BOYFRIEND! FINALLY! And he's not a huge loser like the boys in the past! He actually has a real job AND a car (most of my ex's didn't have either!) and he treats me like I feel like I should be treated! YAY! I guess my year and a half of being utterly single is finally paying off!

ok, had to get that off my chest... I'm truly, finally happy for the first time in over a year and I had to let it out... Back to your regularly scheduled thread

tinydancer
10-25-2004, 10:19 PM
I just found out that a young lady from my church was initiated yesterday into Delta Epsilon chapter at Texas Wesleyan!! That makes 5 Gamma Phi Betas in my church.

GeekyPenguin
10-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by tinydancer
I just found out that a young lady from my church was initiated yesterday into Delta Epsilon chapter at Texas Wesleyan!! That makes 5 Gamma Phi Betas in my church.

YAY! :)

thermobryan
10-28-2004, 05:22 PM
I HAVE A BOYFRIEND! FINALLY! And he's not a huge loser like the boys in the past! He actually has a real job AND a car (most of my ex's didn't have either!) and he treats me like I feel like I should be treated! YAY! I guess my year and a half of being utterly single is finally paying off!

ok, had to get that off my chest... I'm truly, finally happy for the first time in over a year and I had to let it out... Back to your regularly scheduled thread

good for you carol.

GeekyPenguin
11-01-2004, 07:23 PM
I got to shake John Kerry's hand today. It pretty much made my life.

I'm GeekyPenguin and I approved this message.

gphib_95
11-01-2004, 10:47 PM
My mom was initiated Thursday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is now a GAMMA PHI BETA!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

kk_bama
11-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by gphib_95
My mom was initiated Thursday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is now a GAMMA PHI BETA!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

And she was SO CUTE!

Y'all are welcome to come ride the Teeter-Totter this weekend! Are you coming to Founder's day on Sunday?

gphib_95
11-02-2004, 12:11 AM
I will be coming to founders day. Also, the birmingham alumnae chapter will be having another fundraiser next saturday while you are having the teeter-totter-athon.

kk_bama
11-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Sounds good! See you then.

SmartBlondeGPhB
12-05-2004, 08:06 PM
The paperwork for my alumnae chapter's newest AI is going to IH this week...............

luautina
12-05-2004, 09:25 PM
One of my sisters was elected Panhel president!

Recruitment is coming up in about a month, we have a record number of girls signing...quota could be near 50...that's decently big for a northern school...We're so excited for recruitment!

GammaPhiBabe
12-15-2004, 04:11 PM
I am officially finished with graduate school! Hooray! And I have a new job, which I will start on January 10. :D

GeekyPenguin
12-15-2004, 04:17 PM
I am officially finished with graduate school! Hooray! And I have a new job, which I will start on January 10. :D

Congrats! That is my half-birthday so it has to be a good day! :)

GammaPhiBabe
12-15-2004, 09:07 PM
That is my half-birthday so it has to be a good day!
I'm sure it will, if only for that reason! :D

My actual birthday is next week (the 23rd). *sits in corner, feels old*

SmartBlondeGPhB
12-16-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm sure it will, if only for that reason! :D

My actual birthday is next week (the 23rd). *sits in corner, feels old*

Don't even give me the feeling old thing........lol :D :D :p :p

Most of you are younger than my 35 :eek: years.

GammaPhiBabe
12-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Most of you are younger than my 35 years.

You have me beat by a few years. I'll be 29.

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-04-2005, 11:54 PM
81% on my Series 66 Exam tonight...........yeah!:D :D :D :D

Now if I can do as well on the Series 7 at the end of the month.

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-27-2005, 06:38 PM
I'M DONE!!!!!!!!

And I even got 82%........

Life is SO much better now.

Now I get to make a trip to Valencia, CA for an alumnae chapter extension meeting on Saturday and I'm really excited about that!

gphiangel624
01-28-2005, 04:07 PM
I'M DONE!!!!!!!!

Now I get to make a trip to Valencia, CA for an alumnae chapter extension meeting on Saturday and I'm really excited about that!

Go to Magic Mountain! Valencia is really pretty, I'm sure you'll have fun (I live about an hour from there).

Have a good weekend!

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Not enough time for a trip to Magic Mountain. It was pretty much an in on Friday, out today with a meeting on Saturday. It was more relaxing than anything, which I really needed to.

Great turnout though........

litlbear1072
05-26-2005, 04:18 PM
It has been far too long since anything has been posted here so I'm adding my own happy news. My boyfriend of 3 1/2 years and I got engaged on Mother's Day weekend!

gpb1874
05-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Congrats to you! Take time to enjoy your wedding!

My happy news...I got married on April 30th to my then boyfriend of 10 years.

litlbear1072
05-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Congrats to you! That's awesome!

(not sure I could have waited 10 years)

GeekyPenguin
06-11-2005, 11:40 PM
I think this thread needs a revival, or at least a comeback! :D

I never posted on GC, I don't think, but I got a full scholarship to law school, and I think that's a pretty happy thing! :D

tinydancer
06-12-2005, 05:10 PM
GP, that is indeed a happy thing!! Congratulations to you!:)

gpb1874
06-13-2005, 10:21 AM
thanks all! it was a long wait and difficult at times. we meet in college and didn't want to marry until we graduated. well, my honey did a double major in chemical and natural gas engineering, so it took about 6 1/2 years to finish that. only took me 4 years and a few summers, but i started my grad degree while waiting for him....took me 4 yrs to finish....so now we are 8 years into it....then he got extremely sick right when we were getting ready to start planning a wedding. so, two years later, he's pretty much healthy again and i planned that wedding in about 3 months! i had been thinking about it long enough, so it wasn't too bad.

SmartBlondeGPhB
06-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Our newest alumnae chapter, Santa Clarita Valley, was installed yesterday afternoon by yours truly!

It was my first time doing an installation and it was wonderful to see the hard work come to fruition.

gphiangel624
06-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Congrats to everyone's happy news, that's really cool about the Santa Clarita Valley chapter! It's so far from everywhere else in SoCal...

So now for my good news! I got into a graduate program for fall quarter! I'm so excited! I start September 12 at the U of Redlands in the MA in Education, Higher Education program! :D

One step closer to really having a career!

gpb1874
06-16-2005, 09:27 AM
wooohoooo! congrats on the MA program. hope you enjoy it! my VP wants me to start working on my Ed.D...yeah right. i'm done with classes!

GeekyPenguin
07-13-2005, 11:24 PM
I joined the Minneapolis-St. Paul Alumnae Chapter today! :D

SmartBlondeGPhB
07-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I joined the Minneapolis-St. Paul Alumnae Chapter today! :D

YEAH!

gphiangel624
09-03-2005, 11:44 PM
So now for my good news! I got into a graduate program for fall quarter! I'm so excited! I start September 12 at the U of Redlands in the MA in Education, Higher Education program! :D

One step closer to really having a career!

I have even better news now! A little history first:

I've been working at UC Riverside in the office of Student Life since November 2004 (I also worked there as a student assistant when I was an undergraduate) as the Interim Coordinator for Student Organizations. I knew that the permanent position was supposed to be filled by July 1, and I intended on going for it from the start. Well, I took a temporary position as Manager for Student Organizations when my Interim contract ended on June 30, and was in the application pool for the permanent coordinator... it felt like the search took FOREVER! I applied in late April, phone interviewed in July (10 applicants of 110 were phone interviewed), and interviewed in person in early August (only 3 got in person interviews).

Needless to say, I was stoked, I really didn't think I'd get an interview to say the least. Well, it was 3 weeks after my in person interview and I was starting to get nervous... until yesterday when the position was offered to me! Apparently, they had some difficulty selecting a candidate, I wasn't the first choice (the first choice has 12 years of experience, a Masters and is working on the EdD; I'm starting my masters program in a week and ony have about 10 months of professional experience), but the first choice declined for better money elsewhere so they selected me! I'm stoked (I still beat out 108 other candidates!); this is my first career position! NO MORE CONTRACTS! Technically, I started the job on Friday as soon as I submitted my resignation letter from my current position (which we now have to hire a replacement for) and I've been doing the job since NOvember, so it's nothing new, but I'm so excited!

Cluey
09-05-2005, 03:42 AM
Congratulations! That is so awesome and is going to be great experience for you while earning your masters!

GeekyPenguin
09-05-2005, 05:39 PM
I have even better news now! A little history first:

I've been working at UC Riverside in the office of Student Life since November 2004 (I also worked there as a student assistant when I was an undergraduate) as the Interim Coordinator for Student Organizations. I knew that the permanent position was supposed to be filled by July 1, and I intended on going for it from the start. Well, I took a temporary position as Manager for Student Organizations when my Interim contract ended on June 30, and was in the application pool for the permanent coordinator... it felt like the search took FOREVER! I applied in late April, phone interviewed in July (10 applicants of 110 were phone interviewed), and interviewed in person in early August (only 3 got in person interviews).

Needless to say, I was stoked, I really didn't think I'd get an interview to say the least. Well, it was 3 weeks after my in person interview and I was starting to get nervous... until yesterday when the position was offered to me! Apparently, they had some difficulty selecting a candidate, I wasn't the first choice (the first choice has 12 years of experience, a Masters and is working on the EdD; I'm starting my masters program in a week and ony have about 10 months of professional experience), but the first choice declined for better money elsewhere so they selected me! I'm stoked (I still beat out 108 other candidates!); this is my first career position! NO MORE CONTRACTS! Technically, I started the job on Friday as soon as I submitted my resignation letter from my current position (which we now have to hire a replacement for) and I've been doing the job since NOvember, so it's nothing new, but I'm so excited!

HURRAY! :D

tinydancer
09-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Congratulations on the job!!:)

gpb1874
11-17-2005, 09:15 PM
this thread needs reviving! my old chapter at Corpus Christi just won a bunch of awards from the campus! I can't remember all of them, but some are:

best president
best chapter advisor
best founder's day activity
best order of omega member

and they just initiated 22 out of 23 women.

I LOVE THEM! Hurray to Zeta Lambda!

GeekyPenguin
11-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by gpb1874
this thread needs reviving! my old chapter at Corpus Christi just won a bunch of awards from the campus! I can't remember all of them, but some are:

best president
best chapter advisor
best founder's day activity
best order of omega member

and they just initiated 22 out of 23 women.

I LOVE THEM! Hurray to Zeta Lambda!

Yay for them! And it's SmartBlondeGPhB's birthday, so that is a happy thing in and of itself!

I'll be done with my first semester of law school in 5 weeks, and I have a legal job for over Christmas break, so that's pretty happy! :D

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Yay for them! And it's SmartBlondeGPhB's birthday, so that is a happy thing in and of itself!

I'll be done with my first semester of law school in 5 weeks, and I have a legal job for over Christmas break, so that's pretty happy! :D

Thanks.

It's also KunjaPrincess's 1 year anniversary of being an American citizen.

afboiler
11-18-2005, 04:36 PM
I got an "upgrade" at work. I am now in charge of an entire training class for the Air Combat Command for the Air Force. I will now am in charge of the Classroom Instructor course. I teach people how to teach. I now have actual responsibility

GeekyPenguin
11-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Just got an email from my chapter's treasurer - Gamma Omega initiated all 13 new members on Friday night, meaning they now are at 29 sisters! :D

This is the largest they've been in quite some time, and I am really happy for them.

navane
12-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by EleGPhiB
So this is a happy little poem that's going around the facebook world of Gamma Phis, and I thought I'd share it with everyone!

"Today we salute you miss Gamma Phi Beta sister. Not only do you have looks, brains, and glamour, but most importantly, you have the class to back it up. Sure, frat boys may talk to other ladies, but don't worry, their only dream is to date a Gamma Phi. With those pearls just the right size and that Gamma Phi sparkle in your eye, you are every guy's dream and every girl's envy. You can party like a professional, yet still keep that frat-tastic class. If you're dating a Gamma Phi Beta, raise your hand. If you're not, then raise your standards. Then crack open an ice cold bud light you sexy Gamma Phi, and remember: There's only one thing to be...and that's a G Phi B!"

LOL....that's cute!

.....Kelly :)

RACooper
12-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Making another brief appearance to celebrate the fact my baby sister was just elected President of the Alpha Alpha chapter at the University of Toronto!:D

GeekyPenguin
12-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by RACooper
Making another brief appearance to celebrate the fact my baby sister was just elected President of the Alpha Alpha chapter at the University of Toronto!:D

Congrats to her! :D

GPhiBZS
01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm turning 21 next Friday.. January 13....

Zeta Sigma has our first chapter meeting of the semester next Monday with our new exec board that we are all so excited about!!!

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by GPhiBZS
I'm turning 21 next Friday.. January 13....

Good Luck! Hopefully you aren't superstitious

gphiangel624
01-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Tomorrow the Delta Lambda chapter and Inland Empire Alumnae will be celebrating the 30th birthday for Delta Lambda (UC Riverside)! We were one of the initial three Panhellenic sororities at UCR in the 1970s (other two were Kappa and Theta) and the chapter is still going strong!

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-23-2006, 06:42 PM
My Seahawks are making their FIRST trip to the SUPERBOWL!!!

KunjaPrincess
01-23-2006, 06:59 PM

Now how did I know you would be posting this here :D

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by KunjaPrincess
Now how did I know you would be posting this here :D

Well, I have a HUGE post in my livejournal blog too.....

GeekyPenguin
01-23-2006, 08:27 PM

The entire GP family will be cheering for them - we dislike Pitt and we like Hasselbeck!

kk_bama
01-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Yay Shaun Alexander! He's my man.

SmartBlondeGPhB
01-24-2006, 02:29 PM
It's kind of funny that I'm going to Pittsburgh this weekend for an alumnae extension meeting.........lol

amandap4bama
01-26-2006, 11:02 PM
We have a date set for installation of our Alumnae Chapter! March 4, YEAH! We are so excited.

kk_bama
03-18-2006, 12:27 AM
My sister (also a Gamma Phi) delivered our family a St. Patrick's gift, Jacob David. He's the first grandbaby for my parents, so everyone is very excited. :)

SmartBlondeGPhB
03-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Someone has agreed to be President of the Alumnae Chapter!!!!

I can finally take a break from it all after 7 years........

SmartBlondeGPhB
05-07-2006, 08:43 PM
It's OFFICIAL..............

I am no longer the President of the Puget Sound Alumnae Chapter. :D

KunjaPrincess
05-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Congats :D

SmartBlondeGPhB
05-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by KunjaPrincess
Congats :D

Oh that's too funny..........;)

SmartBlondeGPhB
05-09-2006, 08:00 PM
My fellow mod has left the ranks of the L1 and is now an L2....congrats!!! :D

(do I get brownie points for remembering the right lingo?)

GeekyPenguin
05-10-2006, 12:19 PM
My fellow mod has left the ranks of the L1 and is now an L2....congrats!!! :D

(do I get brownie points for remembering the right lingo?)

Thank you! Only 2 more years of this to go! :)

(and sure, you can have brownie points)

afboiler
05-26-2006, 07:58 PM
I pinned on Captain today in the United States Air Force!!!! YAY for a pay raise!

KunjaPrincess
05-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Congratulations MA'am

SGT Robinson (perpetual E5 LOL)

GeekyPenguin
05-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by afboiler
I pinned on Captain today in the United States Air Force!!!! YAY for a pay raise!

Congrats! :D

litlbear1072
07-14-2006, 12:52 PM
It has been too long since anyone has posted happy news so here is mine.

A week from tomorrow I will marry my best friend and I can hardly wait! :D

SmartBlondeGPhB
07-14-2006, 03:08 PM

FloridaTish
07-21-2006, 10:35 AM
My super happy news is that my husband and I have officially paid off all of our credit card debt! Now that we have our finances where we want them to be, we can begin thinking about having another child...

GeekyPenguin
07-21-2006, 12:57 PM

Your big day is almost here! :) You'll have to come tell us all about it after the honeymoon.

AAgammagirl
07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
i have some happy news as well-
i got married on july 15th to a Zeta Psi! it has been a whirlwind during the last 2 weeks- we live in Alberta but got married in Ontario where we used to live. we had a brief honeymoon because we had to drive back to AB and we are now packing to move to Calgary, Alberta this coming weekend. whew!
:)

GeekyPenguin
07-25-2006, 10:31 AM
i have some happy news as well-
i got married on july 15th! we had a brief honeymoon and are now packing to move to Calgary, Alberta this coming weekend.
:)

Congrats! Where did you honeymoon?

AAgammagirl
07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
We had a 4 day honeymoon at my mom's cottage in Grand Bend, ON. (on lake huron near michigan). It was so nice to relax on the beach for a few days. our honeymoon was so short b/c we had to drive back to Alberta, which takes 2.5 days.
we're hoping to go to italy next spring for a "real" honeymoon.

SmartBlondeGPhB
07-27-2006, 02:13 PM
I have a meeting set up for Monday morning to go over the offer they want to give me for the job at Microsoft.....:D

KunjaPrincess
07-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Congratulations!!!!

SmartBlondeGPhB
08-01-2006, 01:14 PM
I signed the offer letter a few minutes ago and will soon be a regular Microsoft employee. :D

GeekyPenguin
08-01-2006, 02:25 PM
I signed the offer letter a few minutes ago and will soon be a regular Microsoft employee. :D

litlbear1072
08-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Your big day is almost here! :) You'll have to come tell us all about it after the honeymoon.

:D :D :D
Our wedding day was FABULOUS! I really believe that my dad was looking down over me that day (it would have been his birthday) because we had a beautiful day with temperatures in the 70s while it was in the 80s & 90s everyday before and after our wedding! I have no complaints about anything at all. I had no idea it was possible to be that happy and have that much fun!

litlbear1072
08-01-2006, 04:26 PM

Congratulations! :)

GeekyPenguin
08-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Our wedding day was FABULOUS! I really believe that my dad was looking down over me that day (it would have been his birthday) because we had a beautiful day with temperatures in the 70s while it was in the 80s & 90s everyday before and after our wedding! I have no complaints about anything at all. I had no idea it was possible to be that happy and have that much fun!

Hooray! I'm so happy it went well for you. :)

tinydancer
08-01-2006, 08:49 PM
That's fantastic! Congratulations!

KunjaPrincess
08-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Awesome.

GeekyPenguin
08-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I got the Dean's Award in one of my summer classes. :cool:

SmartBlondeGPhB
08-02-2006, 11:21 PM

As I already said....

WOO HOO!!!!

tinydancer
08-03-2006, 12:03 AM
WAY TO GO!!

afboiler
08-05-2006, 05:21 PM
As of 3 November I will be a Captain in the United States Army.....after that I will go to Ft Jackson in Columbia South Carolina to go to school for about seven months! After that who knows......but it can only be good for me!

GeekyPenguin
08-05-2006, 08:14 PM
As of 3 November I will be a Captain in the United States Army.....after that I will go to Ft Jackson in Columbia South Carolina to go to school for about seven months! After that who knows......but it can only be good for me!

*salutes*

What will you be in school for?

afboiler
08-06-2006, 05:36 PM
*salutes*

What will you be in school for?

I have been branched into the adjutant general corps. The class that I am going to teaches me how to do my job the army way.

KunjaPrincess
08-06-2006, 09:01 PM

If you happen to meet MAJ Tim Lancaster there (he is in the school house) tell him SGT Rob says "Hi"
Congrats. AG is a fun corp (I'm a Finance NCO :D)

SmartBlondeGPhB
08-07-2006, 08:20 PM
We got an email from a collegian who wants to buy a bulk of the bracelets we were selling (and almost sold all 300) at convention....... :)

http://www.gammaphibeta.org/news/press/Convention2006Images/Puget%20Sound.jpg

GeekyPenguin
08-07-2006, 08:21 PM
We got an email from a collegian who wants to buy a bulk of the bracelets we were selling (and almost sold all 300) at convention....... :)

http://www.gammaphibeta.org/news/press/Convention2006Images/Puget%20Sound.jpg

Those are CUTE! I missed out this year. :(

AAgammagirl
08-08-2006, 12:14 PM
yeah, those are cute. how much are you selling them for?

SmartBlondeGPhB
08-08-2006, 01:15 PM
yeah, those are cute. how much are you selling them for?

$3 each, 2 for $5. If you purchase 10 or more, they are $2 each.

Plus postage.

afboiler
08-13-2006, 10:27 PM
I just ran my mile and a half in 12:11.....yep I am a happy girl!!!!!!!!!

navane
08-14-2006, 12:43 AM

If you happen to meet MAJ Tim Lancaster there (he is in the school house) tell him SGT Rob says "Hi"
Congrats. AG is a fun corp (I'm a Finance NCO :D)

LOL....I'm a civilian who is an "Honorary Captain" at San Diego State University's Army ROTC "Aztec Battalion". Last week I got promoted to Major. :D (Though, they still haven't changed my rank on the tote board!) I'm an Academic Advisor who has been working with the ROTC for over a year now. This fall, I will be teaching a university seminar course for the freshman cadets.

My happy news is that, a few days ago, we finally finished commissioning the last of our c/o 2006 Second Lieutenants! Hooray for my new 2LTs!!!!

Many thanks to all of my sisters who serve!!

http://members.ispwest.com/navane/gallery/ROTC%20Commission/images/COMMKelly2LTGutman.jpg

FloridaTish
08-14-2006, 01:55 PM
I just wanted to say how happy I am for all of you...weddings, promotions...Congrats to you all. I wish I had super exciting news to share...The biggest, most exciting thing going on with me is that we have managed to get our 2 1/2 year old daughter somewhat potty trained. It might not sound exciting, but boy is it a thrill for her when she can celebrate "I went poo-poo potty!" It makes me smile!! :p

-Stephanie

GeekyPenguin
08-14-2006, 01:57 PM
I just wanted to say how happy I am for all of you...weddings, promotions...Congrats to you all. I wish I had super exciting news to share...The biggest, most exciting thing going on with me is that we have managed to get our 2 1/2 year old daughter somewhat potty trained. It might not sound exciting, but boy is it a thrill for her when she can celebrate "I went poo-poo potty!" It makes me smile!! :p

-Stephanie

Hey, potty training is exciting and will make your life easier once it's done! :)

tinydancer
08-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Today was the first day of school for Fort Worth ISD. For the first time in 32 years, I WASN'T THERE!!

Yeah, being retired is cool!

SmartBlondeGPhB
08-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Today was the first day of school for Fort Worth ISD. For the first time in 32 years, I WASN'T THERE!!

Yeah, being retired is cool!

You have time to be an SMU advisor.........:D

tinydancer
08-15-2006, 12:04 AM
You have time to be an SMU advisor.........:D
Hmmmmm
;) I'm starting out with Historian of the Alum Chapter, so I can do the scrapbook.

SmartBlondeGPhB
08-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Hmmmmm
;) I'm starting out with Historian of the Alum Chapter, so I can do the scrapbook.

I know that......:D

You can do more than one thing at a time.....;) :p

LOL

SmartBlondeGPhB
09-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Another happy thing...........:D

I'm going to the Seahawks game with the same guy I went out with last Friday (and did I say I saw him Monday night too).;)

Woo Hoo.........

AND...........one month until my birthday.

Your resident moderator likes presents too.........LOL:D :D :D :D

I just have to say that OMG this post is TOO funny........LOL :D

(can't remember said guy's name either)

gphiangel624
09-07-2006, 12:48 AM
I just have to say that OMG this post is TOO funny........LOL :D

(can't remember said guy's name either)

This absolutely cracked me up...

navane
10-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to share that I managed to make the news last night. San Diego's Channel 8 news station did a bit on the Community Emergency Response Team Helicopter Operations training I did yesterday. CERT is a program which provides free training for civilians to become Disaster Service Workers who may be called to assist in the event of a major emergency. Our training is conducted by firefighters and professionals from San Diego Fire-Rescue.

I volunteered to take extra training for Helio Ops and we conducted the live exercises yesterday with SDFR's Copter One. We learned how to marshall in the aircraft (arm-signalling from the ground to help land the helio), loading/unloading passengers, and how to prepare long lines (freight).

I had a blast! To my surprise, I was selected to be the CERT who marshalled in Copter One! (Gamma Phi Beta represent!! :) ) The news cameras arrived after my big moment; but they got a lot of shots of the various teams in action. News 8 has a link to the story and video on their website. In the video, several of the clips are of my group, Team Five! You can't really see me, but when they show people getting in and out of the helio, and a big guy in a bright orange shirt, that's us. There's a part where they show a line of people ducking and shuffling away from Copter One, I'm the last person in the line on the right. :)

http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.65114.html

DominoTheta
10-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to share that I managed to make the news last night. San Diego's Channel 8 news station did a bit on the Community Emergency Response Team Helicopter Operations training I did yesterday. CERT is a program which provides free training for civilians to become Disaster Service Workers who may be called to assist in the event of a major emergency. Our training is conducted by firefighters and professionals from San Diego Fire-Rescue.

I volunteered to take extra training for Helio Ops and we conducted the live exercises yesterday with SDFR's Copter One. We learned how to marshall in the aircraft (arm-signalling from the ground to help land the helio), loading/unloading passengers, and how to prepare long lines (freight).

I had a blast! To my surprise, I was selected to be the CERT who marshalled in Copter One! (Gamma Phi Beta represent!! :) ) The news cameras arrived after my big moment; but they got a lot of shots of the various teams in action. News 8 has a link to the story and video on their website. In the video, several of the clips are of my group, Team Five! You can't really see me, but when they show people getting in and out of the helio, and a big guy in a bright orange shirt, that's us. There's a part where they show a line of people ducking and shuffling away from Copter One, I'm the last person in the line on the right. :)

http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.65114.html

Sorry to jump all in yalls board, but I've got MY CERT patch. :D Though, I'm not technically a civilian doing this anymore. I've just had the patch for 2 years though. Haha. You ladies have a nice Sunday evening!

kk_bama
11-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Starting with the new exec in January, I am going to be the MEVP/New Member Educator advisor for Epsilon Lambda!

I am soooo excited to get involved with the chapter again! I was AVP and PD as an undergrad, so it's exciting to get involved in a different aspect of exec. :D

GeekyPenguin
11-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Starting with the new exec in January, I am going to be the MEVP/New Member Educator advisor for Epsilon Lambda!

I am soooo excited to get involved with the chapter again! I was AVP and PD as an undergrad, so it's exciting to get involved in a different aspect of exec. :D

Yay, congrats! :)

joliebelle
11-14-2006, 07:08 PM
EZ chapter initiated 10 girls into our amazing sisterhood on thursday! At our founder's day celebration, we met a sister who recieved her 50 yr. pin that day

GeekyPenguin
11-15-2006, 12:56 PM
EZ chapter initiated 10 girls into our amazing sisterhood on thursday! At our founder's day celebration, we met a sister who recieved her 50 yr. pin that day

Fabulous! I love seeing the women with 50-year pins - it's so amazing. :)

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Fabulous! I love seeing the women with 50-year pins - it's so amazing. :)

Yes, we had 4 at our event. Two were sisters at Gamma and hadn't seen each other in about 30 years.

KunjaPrincess
11-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I got accepted to Grad School today. I start my MAFM (Masters in Accounting and Finance Management) on January 8th...

SmartBlondeGPhB
11-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I got accepted to Grad School today. I start my MAFM (Masters in Accounting and Finance Management) on January 8th...

Yeah!

Where at?

KunjaPrincess
11-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Keller in federal way. I'm going to most of it online though :-)

gphiangel624
11-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Congrats KunjaPrincess!

Not necessarily a "happy things" comment, but anyone else attend the SoCal intercity Founder's Day last Sunday? I'm wondering if anyone has an update on what the health department thinks it was that got so many people sick, including me.

afboiler
11-19-2006, 12:08 PM
I passes my first Army PT test this week!!!

I got a 253 out of 300.....I was happy with the outcome...need to work on my run but that will get better with time :)

KunjaPrincess
11-19-2006, 12:59 PM
253 is a great score. Good job...

PeppyGPhiB
02-10-2007, 03:34 AM
I'll revive this thread...

I got an awesome new job offer today! WOO-HOO!:D

summer_gphib
02-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Congrats!! New jobs are so exciting!

For me... only 7.5 weeks of tax season left. Then I can go back and resume my LIFE!!

And we are starting our own office (tax office) when I get home. This is a very exciting/scary time. We are putting up $10k to start, so we'll see where it goes... :)

SmartBlondeGPhB
02-11-2007, 03:15 PM
I'll revive this thread...

I got an awesome new job offer today! WOO-HOO!:D

Congrats! Where at?

afboiler
02-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Well it is finally official. I got my orders today and I am heading to KAN-S-ASS...yep I will be going to work on the G-1 staff at Fort Leavenworth

gphiangel624
02-19-2007, 11:31 PM
A little late, but I was in the Crescent for the first time in 7 years of being a Gamma Phi! I'm in a pic with about 8 or 9 Gamma Phis (including Betty Quick), on the far right in a maroon shirt. All of us were attending the AFA Annual Meeting in New Orleans and had just finished lunch together. I've never been in the Crescent so obviously I'm really excited!

SmartBlondeGPhB
02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
A little late, but I was in the Crescent for the first time in 7 years of being a Gamma Phi! I'm in a pic with about 8 or 9 Gamma Phis (including Betty Quick), on the far right in a maroon shirt. All of us were attending the AFA Annual Meeting in New Orleans and had just finished lunch together. I've never been in the Crescent so obviously I'm really excited!

I think I remember that pic. I'll have to check when I go home tonight.

navane
02-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Well it is finally official. I got my orders today and I am heading to KAN-S-ASS...yep I will be going to work on the G-1 staff at Fort Leavenworth

Hooah! Congrats picking up your first USA duty station.

Say, I just went back to check something - I just saw another post where you mentioned that you are a Purdue alumna. You started out USAF and then went USA, right? That's funny 'cause I know an Army Captain who graduated from Purdue - CPT Cory Henry. CPT Henry is a Kappa Sigma! Wouldn't it be wild if you knew him?

joliebelle
03-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I just got appointed as our new Standards chair, and I'm excited to bring some excitement back to Standards

we also have a new chapter adviser who's from the Epsilon Iota chapter...I'm really excited to see what she has in mind for us.

dubgphib
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I just feel really HOO-RAH!! We just had RLC this weekend, and I'm really excited to implement all of the new ideas, and just give the chapter more support than I had before. I feel like I'm on a mission to get everyone involved!! Alum, Collegians, Advisors!! YIPPY!! (I'm a Chapter Advisor)

afboiler
03-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Took another PT test today and I ROCKED IT!!!

Pushups 43
Situps 79
2 Mile Run 16:39

I scored a total of 284 points out of a 300 point max!!!

All this hard work is paying off!!!!!!!!!

GeekyPenguin
03-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Took another PT test today and I ROCKED IT!!!

Pushups 43
Situps 79
2 Mile Run 16:39

I scored a total of 284 points out of a 300 point max!!!

All this hard work is paying off!!!!!!!!!

Nice job! :)

SmartBlondeGPhB
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
A little birdy has informed me that the following Eastern Star election has occurred to one of our own.

Tinydancer was elected Worthy Matron of her chapter that night as well.

I know nothing about Eastern Star (so please correct me if I state something wrong) but I think this is a big deal. :D

Congrats Lizz!

GeekyPenguin
04-18-2007, 11:59 AM
A little birdy has informed me that the following Eastern Star election has occurred to one of our own.

Tinydancer was elected Worthy Matron of her chapter that night as well.

I know nothing about Eastern Star (so please correct me if I state something wrong) but I think this is a big deal. :D

Congrats Lizz!

Yay Lizz! That sounds like a big deal to me too! :)

tinydancer
04-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Now, how in the world did you know?;) Yes, the path to Worthy Matron is four years long, so it's a big deal. I am really excited about it!
I have 6 weeks until my installation, so I'm about hitting panic mode now.

Thanks for your good wishes.

SmartBlondeGPhB
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Now, how in the world did you know?;) Yes, the path to Worthy Matron is four years long, so it's a big deal. I am really excited about it!
I have 6 weeks until my installation, so I'm about hitting panic mode now.

Thanks for your good wishes.

I am all knowing........;)

SmartBlondeGPhB
04-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Sold my house in 2.5 days, found a new one and am moving Memorial Day weekend.....:D

gphiangel624
04-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Delta Lambda chapter at UCR held their second annual Dodgeball Tournament last weekend. The first year didn't go so well and they lost money :( but this year the planning went MUCH better and they raised $1080! Not a whole lot, but it's better than nothing! They'll send that money to the Foundation for supplemental funds matching and the total sum will go to Campfire USA.

KunjaPrincess
04-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Sold my house in 2.5 days, found a new one and am moving Memorial Day weekend.....:D

WOW, That was quick. Congrats!

kchaptergphib
05-01-2007, 12:44 AM
I got the latest issue of The Crescent today... that's always a happy thing.
And there are pictures of both myself and a pledge sister in the alumnae section :)
And I found out a sister from my initiating chapter is going to be a CLC in 07/08. I remember when she came through recruitment!

GeekyPenguin
05-01-2007, 01:08 AM
I got the latest issue of The Crescent today... that's always a happy thing.
And there are pictures of both myself and a pledge sister in the alumnae section :)
And I found out a sister from my initiating chapter is going to be a CLC in 07/08. I remember when she came through recruitment!

Are you in the GPhiBadger fan picture? One of my pledge sisters is in there! :)

SWTXBelle
05-01-2007, 10:06 AM
I sold my tractor! This is really good news for me!

SmartBlondeGPhB
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Are you in the GPhiBadger fan picture? One of my pledge sisters is in there! :)

I saw that picture.

gphiangel624
05-02-2007, 12:02 AM
I made the back cover of the Crescent! The first picture caption (in New Orleans) is me! :D

GeekyPenguin
05-02-2007, 12:04 AM
I made the back cover of the Crescent! The first picture caption (in New Orleans) is me! :D

Lots of famous GCers and friends in this issue! :)

GeekyPenguin
05-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I only have one year of law school left! :D

tinydancer
05-07-2007, 11:53 PM
I only have one year of law school left! :D
Congratulations! Time sure does fly!

GeekyPenguin
05-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Congratulations! Time sure does fly!

I know - it seems like just yesterday I was applying to schools!

afboiler
07-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I FINALLY left Fort Jackson and have reported in to Fort Bragg...find out tomorrow when I will be deploying...hopefully soon to get it out of the way!!

KunjaPrincess
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
AFBoiler, awesome, some very good friends of mine are at Ft. Bragg.

I don't think I posted my good news. I got a permanent job!!!! I'm a Unit Administrator for a Reserve Military Intelligence Unit which has nothing to do with my degree but it is in an area I love working and I get to do what I enjoy. I also get to go to Human Intelligence Collection school in a few so I can be a Military Intelligence Soldier. Way more exciting than what I was doing in the army! My unit is deploying in March but right now it doesn't look like I will be going as they need people in the rear to keep the unit running so I should be home....

afboiler
07-06-2007, 10:57 PM
AFBoiler, awesome, some very good friends of mine are at Ft. Bragg.

I don't think I posted my good news. I got a permanent job!!!! I'm a Unit Administrator for a Reserve Military Intelligence Unit which has nothing to do with my degree but it is in an area I love working and I get to do what I enjoy. I also get to go to Human Intelligence Collection school in a few so I can be a Military Intelligence Soldier. Way more exciting than what I was doing in the army! My unit is deploying in March but right now it doesn't look like I will be going as they need people in the rear to keep the unit running so I should be home....

That is GREAT!!!! So are you active reserve? Also what is your MOS?

gpb1874
08-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm an aunt! My sister-in-law had a baby on Friday, which is also my Grandma's Birthday. This is the first child on my mom's side of the family since me, and that's been over 30 years. I'd say he's going to be spoiled, but most of the family is in California, so I don't how much spoiling he will get.