PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on this lavalier!

nucutiepie
09-08-2003, 02:11 AM
Alright ladies, on the website, the cubic zirconium lavalier seems really cute - but do you think its classy or trashy? I can't decide. If I want to pay three times as much, which I don't, I could have diamonds - do you think this would look nice? Would you guys, especially you alums, wear this?

The other one i like is the aquamarine slider!

Lady Pi Phi
09-08-2003, 11:21 AM
I think the CZ lavalier is cute. I don't think it's trashy (and I don't think Pi Phi would sell jewlery they thought was trashy either).
I probably wouldn't wear this on an everyday basis though. I tend to just stick to plain silver jewlery. I would wear it, but probably for more special occasions.

Nhfulmer
09-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Quite honestly (from an alum's standpoint), I would not wear it. CZ's can look very trashy and I make it a point to wear the real thing unless it is obviously costume jewelry. If I can't afford it, I don't wear it. I think the traditional gold lavaliers offer a much classier and traditional look. - Just my opinion!

HotDamnImAPhiMu
09-14-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm not a Pi Phi, but that's OK -- I figure I can just give an unbiased opinion, since the letters don't have the special meaning to me that they do to y'all....

or anyway, I could if you'd post the pic? I can't get it to work in my browser (undoubtably the browser's fault, not yours!)

Lady Pi Phi
11-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Hello ladies,

I know that this is an old thread but I thought I'd point out that you can get the lavalier in the "real thing". On the website you'll find that there is a diamond lavlier and an aquamarine/diamond lavalier.

breathesgelatin
11-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Sorry for the slow reply... I am a little:eek: at the blinged-out lavaliers. I'm not sure what I'd wear them with. The CZ pin is fine, though. I'm not opposed to CZ. There was some study done by 20/20 (not scientific, I'm sure) which had all these stuck-up people claiming they could tell the difference between CZ and diamonds. Most couldn't. REAL CZ can look almost authentic. Plus I have some moral issues with diamonds... I will probably ask for a engagement ring of another stone due to this. Although I do think diamonds are gorgeous!

carnation
11-18-2003, 11:12 PM
You asked about the slider--do you mean the new oval ones that come in garnet or aquamarine with the letter? They are sooo gorgeous!!!!!