PDA

View Full Version : So tiring, yet so rewarding...

Cluey
09-05-2003, 11:25 PM
I haven't really been around GC the past couple of days because I have been helping with recruitment at Epsilon Zeta.

I am so excited to help out again tomorrow night for pref! I've never been to a pref ceremony before and I am looking forward to getting dressed up. For now, I am going to catch some sleep so I will look almost human tomorrow.

I'll post the results of recruitment on Sunday, hopefully.

In IIKE,
Annie :)

AAgammagirl
09-06-2003, 10:30 PM
can't wait to hear how epsilon zeta is doing annie!!
where is EZ anyway?
Formal Recruitment starts in Toronto on sept. 18th (Alpha Alpha chapter). London (Alpha Omega) starts next sat. the 13th!! i will be in both places at different times throughout, so i can tell you about both.
i'll be sure to post when i can.
good luck! :D

GeekyPenguin
09-06-2003, 11:38 PM
I think EZ is at Jacksonville...and is it bad that the designation EZ makes me laugh?

Cluey
09-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Yes, EZ is Jacksonville University. Way to go, Kath! And no, it's not bad that you laugh because it's a little joke to them, too.

Pref was so touching! I think it went really well, but I don't know any specifics, yet. I'll be getting a voicemail sometime tomorrow morning about how it all turned out, as they are bid matching as I type.

Quota is 8, but we can take up to total, which for us means 13.

It was definitely a very eye opening experience, to say the least.
:eek: :p

Cluey
09-07-2003, 12:38 AM
I just got a voicemail from the chapter advisor. We got quota plus one - YAY!

SmartBlondeGPhB
09-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Yeah!

GeekyPenguin
09-07-2003, 09:58 PM
YEAH EZ chapter! ;)

Am I insane for driving two and half hours back to my old chapter to help with preference?

SmartBlondeGPhB
09-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Only if you then stood around doing nothing.........

Kudos to you for doing it though!

Cluey
09-07-2003, 10:19 PM
EZ added two more ladies this morning through COB, I believe, so they now have 11 new members. Yay for EZ! :)

I just got back from my first formal chapter meeting - WOW!

Kath - I don't think you are crazy at all! I think you are a good Gamma Phi :D

GeekyPenguin
09-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Annie - formal meetings are a treat. ;) I actually am kind of sad tonight - my chapter is having their first formal meeting and I'm sitting in Milwaukee doing homework.

And yes, I will be productive at pref - I'm writing recs for several of the women who will be rushing, will be making a little speech which is going to make everybody bawl, myself included, and will be lip-syncing "Watermelon watermelon" to all of our songs. :)

GeekyPenguin
09-16-2003, 08:45 PM
I think my chapter knows I am a big pack rat from my room in the house...they've called me like 5 times this week asking for things. Tonight's choice was the wording on our preference invite - I called my daddy and made him search our house for a "scalloped piece of paper with a pink ribbon on top." He found it though. :)

AJKMU
10-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Hello! I have contacted your organization and inquired about alumnae initiation. Is there anything that you could tell me that might help me??
tHanks!
Amanda:)

SmartBlondeGPhB
10-29-2003, 01:38 AM
Amanda,

I'll pm you with some information.