PDA

View Full Version : Ames44's LSU RUSH experience

Pages : [1] 2

Ames44
08-14-2003, 12:09 AM
Hey everyone.. Aren't we all just enjoying the rush threads right now? So exciting.. I'm starting at LSU this fall and rush week starts Saturday (2 days to go!). I'll post day-by-day to keep everyone updated.. seems as though everyone's always curious about the LSU cut-throat recruitment process! I'll use nicknames, and later fill in the details on Bid Day (just like some of the other threads). So I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you next week during my (what I've heard) "emotional rollercoaster".. Can't wait to meet the girls. I'm pumped. :D
-Ames

Oh, btw, the sorority houses on the row are..

Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Delta Zeta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha

pinklady23
08-14-2003, 12:11 AM
Good luck and best wishes!!!

breathesgelatin
08-14-2003, 12:12 AM
good luck Ames44! I'll add this link to the "Who's rushing in the fall???" thread! We're all rooting for you and *super* excited to hear an LSU story!

CardinalSM
08-14-2003, 12:58 AM
Best of luck! We are all rooting for you to find your Greek home!

Jill1228
08-14-2003, 02:46 AM
Good luck sweetie!

hannahgirl
08-14-2003, 06:53 AM
Good luck and have a BLAST!!!! :D

MSKKG
08-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Another rush thread!!! YIPPEE!!! Good luck and have fun during rush.

mmcat
08-14-2003, 07:04 AM
you sound ready...enjoy the ride.

justamom
08-14-2003, 07:11 AM
How exciting a time for you! All the sororities are hard at work with workshops to try their best to impress you guys! Have a wonderful time. The friends you make during recruitment can very well remain your friends throughout your college life. Good luck!

MoxieGrrl
08-14-2003, 09:26 AM
Good luck to you, Ames44!! :D

AZpinkkittie
08-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Good luck!! Can't wait to hear everything!!!!

aopirose
08-14-2003, 10:59 AM
Good luck, Ames44!

rainbowbrightCS
08-14-2003, 11:06 AM
I can't wait to hear about your wonderfull time. Keep us posted!

Good luck.

DZHBrown
08-14-2003, 11:38 AM
Yay! Another rush thread!! Best of luck Ames44 and have fun!!

pinkyphimu
08-14-2003, 01:03 PM
good luck!!

bsp-mich24
08-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Gool Luck during formal recruitment.:)

honeychile
08-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Best of luck to you, Ames!

How odd to see a campus without any of the Alpha sororities!

axoashley
08-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Good luck and remember to relax and have fun during the craziness that is rush week! I hope you have an amazing experience:-)

Peaches-n-Cream
08-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Good luck Ames44! :) :cool: :D

TriDeltaGal
08-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Good Luck!

aopirose
08-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Not entirely true, there is Alpha Kappa Alpha!!! :D However, I knew what you meant; no NPC Alphas. ;)

Originally posted by honeychile
Best of luck to you, Ames!

How odd to see a campus without any of the Alpha sororities!

h2oot
08-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Good luck with rush, Ames. Enjoy it the best you can and keep an open mind. Also, try to remember that if you get dropped from a house, it's often more about numbers, legacies coming through, etc. than the specific individual. There are always more great PNMs coming through than many of the more popular houses can take.

No matter which house you wind up in you'll have a great Greek experience. There are no weak sororities there. They all have a good base and lots of tradition. Fall season around LSU, no matter which sorority you're in, is fantastic so enjoy enjoy.

ZTAMich
08-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Good luck...have a great time!

raelee
08-14-2003, 09:40 PM
ditto Good Luck

GiantsChic
08-14-2003, 09:47 PM
good luck! can't wait to hear all about it :)

absolutuscchick
08-14-2003, 10:17 PM
good luck!!!

GPhiBLtColonel
08-14-2003, 11:15 PM
we want lots of details -- feed our hunger!!!:D

oh yeah....and good luck too!;)

Ames44
08-15-2003, 02:32 AM
Ok.. so I'm heading out tomorrow! Trying to say some last goodbyes and finish up on packing for move-in tomorrow morning..Here's the schedule so far. (dont worry, I didnt type the whole thing out.. Copy & pasted from LSU's site).. I'll update more later!

Saturday, August 16, 2003: Sorority Recruitment begins. Potential members check in (between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon) and receive packet. This is also the day potential new members check into the residence halls. Following check in, there will be a Parent Information Session in the Royal Cotillion Ballroom of the Student Union. This is only for parents because potential new members will have their own convocation at 5:00 pm in the Royal Cotillion Ballroom of the Student Union. After both the Parent Informational Session and the Potential New Member Convocation, there will be meetings with the potential new member's Gamma Chi (Greek recruitment counselor).

· Sunday, August 17: Round 1- 1:00 pm potential new members pick up invitations to each of the ten sorority houses in the Abell Room of the Lod Cook Alumni Center; which is located right next to sorority row. Parties begin at 1:30 pm and end at 4:40 pm, which will be followed by a dinner break. After dinner, potential new members return promptly to sorority row to resume the party schedule at 6:15 pm. Parties last until 7:25 pm and Gamma Chi meetings begin at 7:40 pm.

· Monday, August 18: Continuation of Round 1. Parties run from 1:30 pm to 5:20 pm, followed by a dinner break. Gamma Chi meetings will follow dinner at 6:30 pm.

· Tuesday, August 19: 8:00 am potential new members meet with their Gamma Chi's, to make selections for the next set of parties, known as Round 2. Round 2, also known as Philanthropy, consists of a maximum of seven parties. At 2:30 pm Potential new members pick up invitations in the Abell Room of the Lod Cook Alumni Center. Parties will follow immediately at 3:00 pm and last until 6:45 pm. A dinner break follows the last party and Gamma Chi meetings begin at 8:00 pm.

· Wednesday, August 20: Continuation of Round 2 and begins at 9:30 am. Parties run until 2:45 pm with a lunch break from 11:15 am to 1:00 pm. Gamma Chi meetings begin at 3:00 pm.

· Thursday, August 21: 6:00 am potential new members meet their Gamma Chi's to make selections for Round 3. Round 3 lasts from 1:00 pm until 6:40 pm. Gamma Chi meetings begin at 8:00 pm, following a dinner break from 6:40 pm – 8:00 pm.

· Friday, August 22: Final day of parties known as Preference Party. This round will consist of a maximum of 3 parties to attend. Potential new members make selections at 10:00 am with their Gamma Chi's and parties begin at 6:00 pm. Potential new members sign their preference cards after their last party and have until 11:00 pm; depending on how many parties they attend.

· Saturday, August 23: Bid Day begins at 5:00 pm. All potential new members will gather in the Noland/Laborde Hall of the Lod Cook Alumni Center where the final Convocation will be held and bids will distributed. Following the bid distribution, new members will be taken to their new sorority house where there will a D.J. and fun festivities planned for the remainder of the night. Most chapters will have an activity planned for the entire chapter and have a sleep over that night.

Jill1228
08-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Good luck!

DZHBrown
08-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Have a GREAT time!!!

pandarose18
08-15-2003, 01:30 PM
GOOD LUCK, have a blast and follow your heart!! :)

KappaKittyCat
08-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Woah, a real, live, LSU rush! I can't wait to hear.

*crosses fingers and toes for you*

Good luck!

EEKappa
08-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to wish you the best!

I'm a native Baton Rougean, and although I didn't go to LSU all of my high school friends did and went through rush. One of those gorgeous houses on the lake will soon be your home too!

Buttonz
08-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Good luck

chiochic03
08-16-2003, 01:11 AM
hey!! i just wanted to wish u the best of luck during recruitment! i was in your place just last year and i had such an awesome time! its a great experience so enjoy it and meet as many people as you can! (i am at LSU by the way) its hard to believe that in a few days i'll see you walk through the doors at our house. ill be curious as to which girl u are but i look forward to seeing you! have a great time!

Glitter650
08-17-2003, 02:20 AM
Didn't I read something about the "Alpha" curse at LSU.. like all the orgs with Alpha in their name that have had chapters at LSU have ended up folding ??

ZetaMelOU
08-17-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Glitter650
Didn't I read something about the "Alpha" curse at LSU.. like all the orgs with Alpha in their name that have had chapters at LSU have ended up folding ??

Nah, that's not true. I know Zeta Tau Alpha has a chapter at LSU and they're going very strong.

sugar and spice
08-17-2003, 04:00 AM
The Alpha curse has to do with all the NPC sororities that started with Alpha -- there were at least five or six and, over the years, all of them ended up closing. Try doing a search on it because I know we've discussed the Alpha curse at least once before.

The curse apparently hasn't extended to NPHC sororities, though, since Alpha Kappa Alpha still appears to be going strong at LSU. :p

EEKappa
08-17-2003, 09:29 AM
If memory serves, when my friends went through rush in '83:

Alpha Phi had folded quite a few years beforehand, as had A E Phi.

A D Pi had most recently closed.

A Xi D was one of the smaller chapters.

That year Sigma Kappa colonized, but has since left campus, so sadly it's not just the Alphas. :(

Ames44
08-17-2003, 12:15 PM
Rush Update:

General Convocation was yesterday, and it was an awesome presentation.. Went into the ballroom with all the Gamma Chis lined up chanting and cheering.. It was a great pick up! There were a few skits to answer some of our nervous questions.. and they really kept us all laughing.

Met our Gamma Chi groups after that..and they were EXTREMELY helpful with not just sorority stuff, but helping us all get adjusted.. I know if I need anything, I can call my Gamma Chi.

Well, Round 1 starts this afternoon! All of us are excited..and, well.. nervous. But I've realized in talking to everyone yesterday, that I'm not as lost as I thought I would have been.. I think my friend yesterday called a "Gamma Chi" a "Delta Chee".. haha.

Let's get the party started!! (I'll update, but anonymously and with vague details..as not to offend anyone or to reveal who I am.)

ajuhdg
08-17-2003, 01:03 PM
HAVE A BLAST TODAY! You seem to have great spirits and that will get you far! Good luck, and can't wait to hear how it goes!

aj

canadajen
08-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Hope your first day went well!! We'd LOVE an update please!! :D

ajuhdg
08-17-2003, 11:27 PM
I SEE YOU HERE, AMES! I hope you're typing a nice long update! Hope you had a great time!

aj

smiley21
08-17-2003, 11:28 PM
she is putting me on edge too:D

MoonStar17
08-17-2003, 11:36 PM
YAY! good luck!

keep us posted :)

:D keep smiling

smiley21
08-17-2003, 11:42 PM
guys, i think ames is writing a book;)

AXO_MOM_3
08-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Well, I for one, cannot WAIT to read it!

Ames44
08-18-2003, 12:59 AM
Well, first day has finished.. and I've got people coming in and random things to do..So I'll be updating continuously thru-out the night. I'll use other names to denote the sorority..

First of all, they were ALL great. I had no clue what I was in for, but it was AMAZING. The girls were all so nice and so friendly..
Everyone definitely agreed in our Gamma Chi meeting after that our cheeks are sore and our feet are aching. And the whole smiling thing, we still all agreed that it wasn't too too much of a fake process. Believe it or not, everyone seemed to be talking. After each party and after the whole day was over, they just put in their own 2 cents about things.. Which kinda took me by surprise, but I said nothing but positive things about the whole day.. which was truthful!! Oh yeah.. and one really bad thing about it, was the acoustics in the houses.. No matter how good they are, piling THAT MANY girls into one house.. everyone winds up screaming and wants their word heard!! Just an added bit of info.

(houses are at random, too.. )

RED --- First house of the day and I had no clue what to expect!! The Gamma Chi's lined us all up in numerical order by each Gamma Chi group on the sidewalk and had walky-talkies with countdowns.. screaming "2 minutes!! 1 minute 30 seconds! 30 seconds!! ok! GO!" and they'd run up to the door, knock on it and the doors would come flying open with the LOUDEST cheers ever! It gave me goosebumps, it was so exciting and emotional for me and I don't know why! I'm not sure who the ladies were, but they took our purses and put them aside.. I bet one was the house mom and.. I dunno who they were. (Good question to ask tomorrow) Walked in an all the girls were so cute dancing and clapping.. and one just popped out and grabbed my arm and introduced herself.. so, I immediately thought.. Ok! So THIS is how they do it!! Haha.. The girl was so sweet and just as nervous as I was.. I had no clue! Conversation was flowing and girls were nice..but looking back on it, it's not the house for me.

YELLOW --- This house had the best rotation, BY FAR! I talked to 4 or 5 girls as opposed to 1 girl and then that 1 girl introducing me to 1 other person.. So, I was very happy that more people can form an opinion of me. Met some girls from my school that I didn't know went to LSU.. and even more so, PLEDGED! I can definitely see myself with this chapter, local girls aside.

BLUE --- Their cheer was my FAVORITE..I was paired up with a girl from close to where I live, but what we didn't know was that we had someone in common.. My best friend from birth to about 14 years.. was her best friend for the past 10 years! The girls were exiting and we were STILL talking about stuff, it was nice and a good potential chapter.

GREEN --- Greeting was nice.. and I was paired with a girl from where I live, but from a different school. I know the rule of thumb.. boys, booze, and what else? (the 3 b's) Well, we talked about our favorite place to go out (only because she brought it up!) and we had one similar place in common.. And her best friend owns it, so she was eager to tell me that. She seemed very interested in keeping girls from our area together.. She introduced me to 2 other girls from our area at that party. But I wasn't paired with the girl I assumed I'd be with.. her mom wrote my rec. So, maybe 2nd round!! *crossing fingers*

PURPLE --- Good house, good conversation with a 2 good girls. Not sure if the house is for me..There's alot of diversity within every group b/c they are so large, but it's questionable. Me and the girls were cracking jokes right and left, it was funny..

BLACK ---- Last house of the day.. girls were just SO friendly.. SO SO friendly. Reputation is a very good one on campus, and that influenced me a bit. I was paired with a girl from the area and I know her sister.. all 3 of us went to the same high school. I talked to a few other girls, she was very good about introducing me and rotation was great.. Good acoustics and president introduced herself, but she was very short and no one could really see her. Very audible though! I definitely heard her.. I could see myself here as well. They're goodbyes were the cutest on the row..made me want to go in and talk some more!!

ORANGE --- I walked in and was greeted with a long-time friend that I hadn't seen in forever! I had no clue she was at LSU!! It was the best feeling ever, I felt so comfortable and we just caught up on things.. Acoustics were great, they spread us out over many living rooms as opposed to one in previous houses. I could really see myself at this house.. but hope I make it to the 2nd round w/ this sor. b/c I want to meet more girls that I don't know and haven't spoken with before. Suprisingly, all day long..every girl told me how nice it is to live in the house, not a single negative aspect about that.

7 down, 3 to go.. and then the first cuts, which I'm sure will be harsh ones. I was paired with alot of people from the area, which was comforting. My friend, however, wasn't. I'm not sure if it's because she didnt get any recs and I did, or what.. but that's how it happened. She won't be pledging (for sure) and just took the opportunity as a chance to move in early. I just hope that for first round she doesnt get into a house that I'm declined an invitation for, because that will hurt. But, so far, I'm optimistic and so is everyone else!! There's such diversity and so many to choose from! I'll do what they all say and follow my heart..

breathesgelatin
08-18-2003, 01:03 AM
yay! Go Ames!! :)

DZHBrown
08-18-2003, 01:08 AM
Wonderful!!! Sounds like you had a great night!

Glitter650
08-18-2003, 02:54 AM
I hope you continue to have a good time and get great invites... I know a Pi Beta Phi at LSU and a Delta Zeta maybe you've met them !! :D

ajuhdg
08-18-2003, 09:52 AM
YIPPEE!! I'm glad you're having so much fun! Take a deep breath for day number two!

aj

AZpinkkittie
08-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Sounds like such a blast!! Good luck on cuts!!

h2oot
08-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Ames, thanks for sharing your rush experience. You've done great in describing everything. Yeah, I remember when those door first opened--Definitely overwhelming.

Also, you've got a good perspective about the situation at LSU. Keep posting and good luck!!! GO TIGERS!

Ames44
08-18-2003, 05:39 PM
last 3 houses of round 1 just finished up..

TEAL --- Didn't click with this house much at all.. Really really didn't click. Wanted to get myself out of there, actually. And some of their rush gimmicks were not very well liked amongst our entire Gamma Chi group. My friend, that didn't want to plege, wants to pledge here now.. She really enjoyed it and is now faced with alot of thoughts because she never thought she'd enjoy Greek life. I'm happy for her!!

GREY --- Nice girls, good good rotation.. I was able to be myself around them and each one saw a different side of me. Last girl was most compatible with me.. Nice girls.

WHITE --- I'm a legacy here, but that doesn't sway my judgement too much.. The girl I was assigned to was a local and she could relate with the legacy issue. She enjoys every bit of it and got me pumped up for greek life in general.. Sweet girl.. I told her how nice it was to see a familiar face.

CUTS ARE TONIGHT! INVITES ARE TOMORROW!! It should be very very interesting, but it'll be sad to see my Gamma Chi group splitting up and going our separate ways.. I've enjoyed them SO much!! We rock.

ajuhdg
08-18-2003, 05:44 PM
YEAH! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Are you gonna tell us who's out of the running after cuts today? What is the MAX for attending?

Glad you're having fun!

aj

Ames44
08-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Sure, I'll tell you.. the colors! Haha.. I don't want to offend any groups or people associated with those groups..

Max for Round 2 (philanthropy) is 7 parties..
Round 3 -- 5 parties
Pref -- 3

ajuhdg
08-18-2003, 06:05 PM
AWESOME! Can't wait to hear the first days results! What time do you find out?

aj

xo_kathy
08-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Oooh, Ames! Cruel! Are you sure you aren't a carnation kid?! ;)

OK, can you at least tell us what houses you will be returning to? That way (HYPOTHETICALLY) even though we know you didn't like Teal and won't be returning, we won't know which of the 3 you're not attending was Teal, therefore the Teal girls won't be offended...Did that make sense?!? :confused:

Aw, heck, can you just tell uswho you're going to when you find out?!?! Please?!?!?! :)

Edited to say - I guess I mean, if you say you won't be going to AAA, BBB, and CCC - we'll know they are out but won't know that AAA was Teal, BBB was orange and CCC was green. Am I still not making sense? It's been a long day!

aephi alum
08-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Best of luck with the rest of rush - and keep us posted :)

pinkyphimu
08-18-2003, 10:46 PM
glad to hear that things went well! best of luck for tomorrow!

AXO_MOM_3
08-18-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by xo_kathy
Aw, heck, can you just tell uswho you're going to when you find out?!?! Please?!?!?! :) [/B]

Yes, will you PLEASE tell us where you are returning to? You can reveal who colors were later - I have no clue, and just want to see who you are going back to! It's an addict thing! Not knowing is like having a chocolate candy bar right in front of you that you can't eat! Pure TORTURE! Please tell! Have a GREAT time regardless of whether you choose to divulge or not, I hope you get invited back to all your favorites!

Ames44
08-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Ok! UPDATES!!

Round 1 is over and sororities made cuts last night..

Everyone got up early and made their way over to get invitations and make their own cuts, too.. After all, that was the ONLY motivation to get up at 8 a.m.

There were 936 girls.. and I'm sure many have been removed by now because of GPA, withdrawal, no invities, etc. .. The max for invite acceptance was 7.. and I got 9! 9 out of 10 isn't too bad, eh? Others weren't so lucky.. one friend had 4, another had 6, and just talking to other girls that was about the average.. I'm glad I'm able to "maximize my opportunities" as my Gamma Chi's have told me.. haha.

Round 2 .. philanthropy.. I was getting just A LITTLE sick of that ice water! Round 2 is today and tomorrow.. Here's the houses I'll be attending.

Delta Gamma
Delta Zeta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Kappa Delta
Pi Beta Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha

So the ones I won't be returning to are...
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Phi Mu

LETS GO!

xo_kathy
08-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Fabulous, Ames!!! Good luck today! Have fun! and THANK YOU for letting us know who you are going to!!!!!! :D

smiley21
08-19-2003, 10:34 AM
wahoo!!!!!!!!!!! that is awesome! congrats to you!

WhiteDaisy128
08-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Yay! I love BIG rushes! Congrats on all the awesome invites! I love your spirit in all of this! Best of luck with the rest of recruitment and keep us up to date!

ajuhdg
08-19-2003, 10:37 AM
YEAH! One day down! You sound really excited about philanthropy day! I hope you have fun!

aj

kddani
08-19-2003, 10:42 AM
wow 9 out of 10 at LSU rush is incredible! Go you!

Ames44
08-19-2003, 11:25 AM
I just found out my other friend got 2 invites.. I just don't get it! She got all her recs with me.. and has a fairly good resume I'm assuming.. very friendly girl.. Why such the harsh cut? Any thoughts?

DZHBrown
08-19-2003, 11:31 AM
That is awesome!! Have a great time tonight!! :)

SparkliiQTMTSU
08-19-2003, 11:31 AM
WAY TO GO! Im so glad youre doing well with rush! Have a great time today and be sure and update on how it goes :)

Nichole

kddani
08-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Ames44
I just found out my other friend got 2 invites.. I just don't get it! She got all her recs with me.. and has a fairly good resume I'm assuming.. very friendly girl.. Why such the harsh cut? Any thoughts?

A lot of times there are cuts that no one understands. But it's really not a good idea for us to speculate.... the only people that know are those chapters of those sororities. :) Just be a supportive friend, and hopefully she'll find her place.

breathesgelatin
08-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Congrats on your invites Ames! Enjoy the next round of parties--you'll be able to get a better idea of each house this time around. :D

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Congrads Ames. So excited to hear the story and thank you for telling us who you got invited back to (ie naming names) That helps me b/c I get confused with so many! lol And then spend time trying to figgure out which one DG is. Of course I can never tell! Yep I'm a dork... :D

DGMarie
08-19-2003, 12:39 PM
I found this on the LSU greek affairs site but can someone explain what it means?

Sororities
Alpha Kappa Alpha Gold Accreditation with Praise
Chi Omega Gold Accreditation with Praise
Delta Delta Delta Silver Accreditation with Recommendations
Delta Gamma Gold Accreditation with Praise
Delta Sigma Theta N/A N/A
Delta Zeta Gold Accreditation with Praise
Kappa Alpha Theta Gold Accreditation with Praise
Kappa Delta Silver Accreditation with Recommendations
Kappa Kappa Gamma Gold Accreditation with Praise
Phi Mu Gold Accreditation with Praise
Pi Beta Phi Silver Accreditation with Recommendations
Sigma Alpha Bronze Provisional Accreditation with Recommendations
Sigma Gamma Rho Gold Accreditation with Praise
Zeta Phi Beta Bronze Provisional Accreditation with Recommendations
Zeta Tau Alpha Gold Accreditation with Praise

Ames44
08-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Ok, lemme see how quickly I can do it all..

LSU has a ranking system based on..
campus involvement/community service
education for new/continuing members
academics
operations

each chapter gets a rating and written report w/ comments on strengths and weaknesses.. those are the ratings that you typed out.

GOLD LEVEL -- 93-100 pts (ac. w/ praise)
SILVER -- 85-92 (ac. w/ recom)
BRONZE -- 77-85 (provisional acred. w/ recomm)
69-76 (probation w/ immediate change required)
0-68 (rec.of withdrawal of recognition)

theres different point systems w/ non-housed chapters..but i dont feel like typing all that out

Moxie
08-19-2003, 02:03 PM
they started the assessment thing after our greek system came under fire due to the death of a fraternity pledge in 1997 - at least i think that was the year that spurred it all.

by the way ames, congrats on all of your invites! have a good time at your 2nd round parties =) maybe i'll pass you on the row...

FAB*SpiceySpice
08-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Wow 9 out of 10 houses invited you back and this is at LSU! That is AWESOME, congrats!!!

I am sad :( that you're not going back to Phi Mu, but the places you chose to attend today are wonderful organizations and you will be happy in whichever one you choose! Have a great time. :)

GiantsChic
08-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Congrats Ames!! can't wait to hear the rest of your recruitment experience! :)

aephi alum
08-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Congrats on all those invites. Have fun at round 2 :)

pinkyphimu
08-19-2003, 08:39 PM
i hope you are having a blast tonight!!!

ZTAMich
08-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Congrats on a great bunch of invites. Best of luck and have fun!

And as suggested...just be a supportive and lend an ear when your friend needs it.

KDbutterfly
08-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Yay Ames! Hope the rest of recruitment is just as successful. Have a blast ;)

Ames44
08-19-2003, 11:58 PM
First part of Round 2 is over and it was great.. Philanthropy's so exciting!!

YELLOW --- Good house, didn't feel very comfortable with original girl because she was very nervous..2nd girl was better. Conversation topics interesting, and I'm interested in going back, but if they cut me I won't be too upset.

PURPLE --- I said the house has diversity and I really meant it! I went back today and got a totally different impression from it because the girls I met were AMAZING! I really connected with the girl that I did crafts with..I love them! I could see myself here.

BLACK --- It was nice, but it was my last house for the day so I was ready to go home!! I was exhausted and tired of talking so much.. I just didn't feel like making the effort, but I tried my absolute hardest. I could see myself here, but if they cut me.. I'll be okay.

ORANGE --- This is where I want to be.. I'm home. I think I can describe it as like having a crush on a guy you really really like! I WANT that chapter! I was rotated with 4 girls and they were all SO SO SO SO great.. I made it very clear that I was comfortable in that chapter and that they were so nice..I hope that they understood my want to join their sorority.. and I think they did because when I asked them "what made you realize xyz was for you?" they gave similar descriptions of what I had described. They were hillarious and kept me laughing.. Good experience and I'm glad to say that because not once did I talk to any local girls.

So that's the 4 for today.. Tomorrow I go to GREY, WHITE, AND BLUE. And then it's time for cuts again! Hope everything turns out for the best..

SparkliiQTMTSU
08-20-2003, 01:27 AM
GOOD LUCK with the rest of the week!!! I cant wait to hear more :)

Nichole

h2oot
08-20-2003, 10:42 AM
Glad you're enjoying rush, Ames. You're keeping an open mind which is important when you get past round 2. Like I said, all the houses have a lot to offer so no matter where you land you'll be with a great group of women in a super Greek atmosphere. Go Tigers!!!

Ames44
08-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Round 2 is over! Now it's up to the decisions of the chapters.. we have gamma chi meetings at 6 a.m.-- It's gunna be hard getting up! You can tell the girls are worn down as compared to the first round.. You can tell their really into the game now.

So today's final visits were..

WHITE -- Legacy here.. and talked to someone besides the usual local girl. It was great, both girls were so nice and the last one that I spoke with was just great! We really got along well.. In the past my mindset was "i could see myself here" but now I could see myself there even more.

GREY -- Girls were nice..and I'm glad I gave them another chance. But they're not my people.. and I can pretty much pinpoint who "their people" are.. Not me, that's for sure. I have a pretty good feeling that I'll make it to Round 3 with this group but I'll probably cut them if I get more than 5 invites.

BLUE -- Really didn't want to go here.. I was exhausted and parking here has become a major pain because it's move-in day. Took me a good 20 minute gallop to get to this house.. But once I was in, it was worth it! I like the girls alot alot.. and even though rotation wasn't too good, the girl I was with was so down-to-earth and honest.. I felt like I bonded with her. She made it seem like I would be coming back for Round 3, but that could be a major misinterpretation.

I'm having a feeling that cuts are gunna be harsh on me next round.. I just hope that ORANGE keeps me, because everytime I pass by that house (just walking by) I wanna run in and hang out with the girls again and see what's going on. It's just "that feeling" there.. but the others are awesome too.

UPDATES TOMORROW!

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Ames I am so hoping that orange is on your invite list tomorrow! Keep fingers and toes crossed!

pinkyphimu
08-20-2003, 05:14 PM
sounds like round two was great! i hope that round three is just as awesome!

Ames44
08-20-2003, 05:45 PM
so guess what?

my friend that wasn't planning on pledging has changed her mind and is now taking the recruitment so seriously! there were alot of other factors that weighed her decision.. but i'm glad she's decided to go greek. who knows, we might be sisters!

breathesgelatin
08-20-2003, 05:54 PM
good for her!

pinklady23
08-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Instead of sugar plum fairies dancing in your head, i hope you have big ORANGE creamsicles doing the mambo!

Ames44
08-20-2003, 09:59 PM
that's hillarious.. i'll definitely remember that one when i go to bed..

6 am guys! i have this crazy feeling that cuts are going to be harsh.. i hope all goes well for me and the girls i've met. I HOPE!

am i just a nerd? or did yall really have that feeling about one particular house like I do about ORANGE? hmmmmm..

SparkliiQTMTSU
08-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Im sure that many people had that same feeling. I know that I pretty much did but it was with two chapters here and not just one although im sure if I could have continued recruitment with both of them I would have been able to really tell which was the one. but anyways good luck! I hope orange invites you back :)

Nichole

MoxieGrrl
08-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Yeah!!!!!! :D Sounds like everything is going terrific, Ames! I'm wishing you all the best on your invites :)

canadajen
08-21-2003, 11:43 AM
any updates for us?? How did your 6 AM :eek: meeting go?? Can't wait to hear about your invites!! ... :D

Ames44
08-21-2003, 12:24 PM
Oh, sorry.. I was exhausted so I came back to bed.

It was like I predicted, they were a little harsher than before.

Out of 7 parties.. 3 cut me. I cut 1.. And I know it's not the best decision, but I'd rather not go greek than be a part of this chapter.. Sounds harsh, but its how I feel.

SO! I will not be returning to..

WHITE
YELLOW
PURPLE

I still have ORANGE!!
And..
BLUE
BLACK

3 parties today.. Today is skit round where we go upstairs, they do a skit and let us tour the house.. Gotta run girls, I'm in a rush! (no pun intended)

breathesgelatin
08-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Good luck!!
Congrats on your invites!

aephi alum
08-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Congrats on your invites. You're doing great! :)

Just keep an open mind... obviously I'm still hoping everything works out with orange :) but sounds like you've got 2 other great options.

WhiteDaisy128
08-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Yay! Please don't be sad about cuts! You have three exciting houses to return to! Can you tell us which ones you are returning to...or not returning to...not what colors = what houses, just in general?

Ames44
08-21-2003, 12:37 PM
I will NOT be returning to..

Delta Zeta
Kappa Delta
Pi Beta Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha

Ames44
08-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Is this decent? Being invited back to 4 houses?? Because.. I feel like I should've gotten more invites, but when I compare myself to others.. I'm fairly well off in standing.. How are quotas going to be met if everyone's got 2 invites in only the 3rd round??

h2oot
08-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the update. Looks like you're got several good houses still working for you. The further into the process you get the better the parties are...enjoy them and keep an open mind, like you have. Good luck!

Moxie
08-21-2003, 12:43 PM
ames, of course it is decent. you are VERY lucky. the cuts at LSU are harsh --- having 4 invites in the third round is AWESOME!

by the way, i remember seeing that you were a legacy to one of the groups. do you mind saying which now? if you don't want to, that's ok too :)

good luck today!

breathesgelatin
08-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Is this decent? Being invited back to 4 houses?? Because.. I feel like I should've gotten more invites, but when I compare myself to others.. I'm fairly well off in standing.. How are quotas going to be met if everyone's got 2 invites in only the 3rd round??

Oh lord.... Honey, it sounds to me like you're doing GREAT. No worries. The cuts that have to be made at LSU and other southern schools are ridiculous. Every year great we at GC hear of great PNMs (activities, outgoing, smart, fun, etc) who get cut from many groups, even all groups! Reassure yourself--you're doing well!

I'm not sure specifically about your quota question--what's the max number of parties for today?

Ames44
08-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Yeah, that's fine.

I am a KD legacy.. My mother and 2 of my aunts were affiliated w/ another chapter at another school. Not like the sister legacies that we have going on right now..

Ames44
08-21-2003, 12:48 PM
5 parties for today..

Moxie
08-21-2003, 12:50 PM
trust me, there are *very* few girls who get invited back to 5 parties. my gamma chi said getting four invites is LUCKY. you still have three great groups to choose from, and ORANGE is still in the running. i'm sorry to sound ridiculously optimistic, but i am trying to be that way for myself, so i can share some optimism with you, too.

eringobraugh
08-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Ames you are doing outstanding!
We know where you are not going, but which three GLO's will you be attending skit round? I see that Kappa may still be in the mix....(had to do a shameless plug ;) ) Best of luck with all your parties, you're half-way there!

Ames44
08-21-2003, 12:53 PM
I've told ORANGE how comfortable I feel there.. and asked them why they chose XYZ..But is there anything else I can say to reassure them that I am interested today? Without being over-the-top pushy..

breathesgelatin
08-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Sure, there are lots of things you can say!
"I feel so comfortable here!"
"I really like XYZ aspect of your party!"
and on and on!

rainbowbrightCS
08-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Have fun at your parties. Keep us updated.

Dolphingirl14
08-21-2003, 03:05 PM
OMG I am SO excited for you! It's making me feel sooooo excited to start rushing for girls when I get back to school! Good Luck! I really hope that you get ORANGE ! That would be awesome but the others that you mentioned sound like they would be good for you as well. Good Luck again! I hope that you end up where you want!

WhiteDaisy128
08-21-2003, 04:54 PM
When you do express how comfortable you feel at Orange, make sure not to put other houses down (ie. I feel so great here, it's not like XYZ at all...I just don't feel good there....) - because if a group sees this they may think you are telling the other group the same thing....just backwards.

The best thing to do is just to relax, be friendly, carry conversation...if all of that falls into place, they will KNOW that you are comfortable and very happy there!!

Best of luck!

xo_kathy
08-21-2003, 04:59 PM
OK, I'm confused. You listed 3 colors you are NOT going to, and 3 that you are. But you mentioned 4 houses you will not be returning to, then asked if 4 inviites was ok, Ahhhh:confused:
So, you are going to 3, 2 cut you ( :( ), and 1 invited but you decided you didn't want to go there? I think i got it, right?

Now my question is, especially for the NPC Green Book experts, I thought you had to attend the maximum # of parties (assuming you were invited to them) in order to be bid eligible? How can Ames NOT attend a party she was inivited to? I'm so confused...

NeonPi
08-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by xo_kathy

Now my question is, especially for the NPC Green Book experts, I thought you had to attend the maximum # of parties (assuming you were invited to them) in order to be bid eligible? How can Ames NOT attend a party she was inivited to? I'm so confused...

She has every right to decline any and every invitation she receives - that is protected by NPC policy (see the Membership Acceptance Card demo). You can not make anyone go to a group they clearly have no interest in going to. If that campus has a rule that says you do, it may need to be modified as you can not penalize a PNM for not accepting an invitation. Most importantly, a rule like that doesn't have the PNM's best interests in mind, which is why we do recruitment the way we do in the first place :)

More often that not, a rule will say that a PNM has to attend a certain number of rounds to be eligible to be invited to pref/get a bid - I think this is more of what you are thinking of... In this case, she is still attending the round, thus still eligible.

(We had a problem with this in the past, and in working with the NPC Area Advisor, we got it straightened out (I'm the Panhellenic Advisor)).

aopinthesky
08-21-2003, 05:19 PM
At some schools, there is a guaranteed bid process which says that if you attend the maximum number of parties each round to which you are invited, you are guaranteed a bid at the end of recruitment. I don't know if LSU has that guarantee, I would doubt it. That is where attending all the parties to which you are invited would come into play.

xo_kathy
08-21-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by NeonPi

More often that not, a rule will say that a PNM has to attend a certain number of rounds to be eligible to be invited to pref/get a bid - I think this is more of what you are thinking of... In this case, she is still attending the round, thus still eligible.

Ah-ha! That IS what I was thinking about! Thank you, NeonPi!

Ames44
08-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Ok, Round 3 is over!! My feet are killing me.. but it's worth it.

Today I went to ..

ORANGE
BLUE
BLACK

ORANGE thus proved themselves again..God, it was great. I want to be a part of their chapter SO badly!! When I walked in and they did their skit for us.. I had to hold back the tears! I know it's pathetic, but they all looked so happy being together and doing things they love.. The girl that rushed me was awesome! Just awesome!! We talked about so many things.. interesting conversation, not short talk.

BLUE was fun.. Skit a little less impressive than ORANGE, but still really really great and really really funny. I could see myself being a part of this group more and more, but I put ORANGE first.

BLACK was fun.. I'll join if it's my last option, but certainly not my first choice. The girl who rushed me had similar interests, but I still haven't gotten a feel for the entire group.

I'm still singing their cheers in my head.. Just can't get them out!! They cut tonight, gamma chi meeting tomorrow for selections.. I hope I'm not removed! And I hope I get ORANGE! I'm confident..I must be!!

ZTAMich
08-21-2003, 06:56 PM
so glad you had a great day! I love hearing about skits bc we don't have them at my campus. Best of luck!!

WhiteDaisy128
08-21-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm so glad it went well...stay open to all of your options! I'm glad all three groups would work for you, it's so good not to put all your eggs in one basket! But we can certainly hope for the best!! :)

What all is left? Just Pref?! So exciting! How many can you pref? I know it's probably at the beginning of this thread, but might as well post it again!

Ames44
08-21-2003, 07:02 PM
Pref is 3 parties.. I think they said in our schedule that there is no talking allowed in between parties.. I'm sure I'll hear more about it at our Gamma Chi meetings tonight..

Cross your fingers guys! Not just for me, but for all the girls!!

OUlioness01
08-21-2003, 07:02 PM
ames it sounds like you're having the time of your life! just keep on having fun and good luck at prefs!!!!!!

theta sig agd
08-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Good luck tonight, I am sure if you had that much fun you wont have any problems finding a match!!

I wish my rush was this much fun!!

meridionaleDG
08-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Will you be telling us who each color is after bid day??

RebelSong84
08-21-2003, 07:39 PM
wow ames.. it seems like your rush is going so well. i hope mine is at least half as successful! :crosses fingers: I hope you get what you want!

-kalie :)

ajuhdg
08-21-2003, 08:25 PM
This is so exciting! I'm so glad that you're enjoying yourself! Have fun at your prefs! Tomorrow right? What time?

aj

SparkliiQTMTSU
08-21-2003, 08:31 PM
yay Im glad youre having a good time cant wait to hear how it all goes good luck again

Nichole

aopinthesky
08-21-2003, 08:42 PM
>>>There are no bid guarantees at LSU that I'm aware of, else "going suicide" wouldn't be suicidal...<<<

I think it could be - at schools where things work that way you have to follow all the rules to be guaranteed a bid. You wouldn't be allowed to put down just one choice unless you only went to one pref. In that case, I guess you would get that house. Someone feel free to correct this, I don't know about it firsthand. Sorry for the thread hijack.

rainbowbrightCS
08-21-2003, 09:05 PM
ok here is tomorow schedule:
Friday, August 22: Final day of parties known as Preference Party. This round will consist of a maximum of 3 parties to attend. Potential new members make selections at 10:00 am with their Gamma Chi's and parties begin at 6:00 pm. Potential new members sign their preference cards after their last party and have until 11:00 pm; depending on how many parties they attend.

We better get an update asap.

Ther is nothing pathetic about tearing up for their skit, I hope the girls saw you so they can see how much you love them.

Chris

pinkyphimu
08-21-2003, 09:21 PM
only one more round of parties to go!!! i hope that tomorrow goes just as well!

coffeegirl13
08-21-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by aopinthesky
>>>There are no bid guarantees at LSU that I'm aware of, else "going suicide" wouldn't be suicidal...<<<

As an alum of an lsu sorority... I know for a FACT about this... , say get invited back to three parties for the last round (Preference) You go to all three parties and then have to sit at a table and make the hardest decision of your life:confused:
Which house did I like the best!??? And on your scantron you have to rank all three houses in order to be guaranteed a bid to one of those three. Because at this point the houses are ranking you too. They have 3-4 (bid day) lists... ranging from one list of all top girls to 1-2 lists of good girls to a list of not good girls... in the last few years the potential new members have been SO good that if you make it to Preference the houses are usually very intersted in you. Say you only put 1 or 2 on your scantron out of the three... if those houses that you did list have you high on their lists then you have a relatively good chance of going there... if not you run the chance of not being offered a bid. as far as I know...if you pref with only one house and you rank that one house on your scantron then as long as you are not on their LAST list you will be offered a bid there.

Ames44
08-21-2003, 10:06 PM
really? is that so? I heard about that from someone else.. but you put it in a much clearer description.

It seems as though the cuts for this round were really big.. Across the board.. Who knows what holds tomorrow.

So are you saying that if I pref with a sorority, my odds of getting a bid are much greater than before? I knew they would be better.. but I still have that doubt that I won't be guaranteed a bid.

What year(s) were you greek affiliated at LSU?

h2oot
08-22-2003, 12:50 AM
Good luck with prefs....

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-22-2003, 01:52 AM
what's the max number of houses one could attend for round 3? is ames attending 3 or 5 houses for round 3? i'm confused? :confused: The max they can pref is 3 right?

TriDeltaGal
08-22-2003, 02:36 AM
Good Luck tomorrow...I'm rooting for you!

mmcat
08-22-2003, 08:19 AM
we're with you....good luck.
keep us posted.
i know you'll be terrific.

Ames44
08-22-2003, 10:53 AM
max is 3 houses for round 3.. i'm going to get invites right now. update later.

rainbowbrightCS
08-22-2003, 10:54 AM
I am so excited for you.

Chris

MoxieGrrl
08-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Good luck, Ames!!!!!!! :D

WhiteDaisy128
08-22-2003, 12:08 PM
I can't wait for the update!!

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Ames dear! Is there anyway you can tell us who you are going to pref? If not its cool and I COMPLETELY understand. All I can say is I hope is orange whoever that is! :)

coffeegirl13
08-22-2003, 12:38 PM
:D Yippee! One more day! Preference is ( in my opinion) the best day to get a feel for a sorority... this party is a completely different speed... no more endless conversations... no more house tours, just you and another girl and it's very emotional.
I was at lsu from fall 1997- Spring 2002, greek from fall 1997- Spring 2001
good luck today and keep us posted!

meridionaleDG
08-22-2003, 01:04 PM

So are you saying that if I pref with a sorority, my odds of getting a bid are much greater than before? I knew they would be better.. but I still have that doubt that I won't be guaranteed a bid.

If you pref a sorority, you are on their bid list. The thing is, you could be very high on their bid list (thus getting a bid), or very low on their bid list (thus not getting a bid).

It all depends on who above you recieves/prefs the sorority #1. For example, if quota is 50, and you are number 60 on the bid list - then roughly 10 other girls would have to pref someone else first and then that sorority has them high on their bid list so they get a bid form somewhere else.

When a girl goes somewhere else, that pulls you up on the list. So no, you aren't gaurenteed a bid from a sorority you pref. Everything is out of your hands and their hands once they turn in their list and you turn in your pref card. It's left up to the computer or whoever is doing the matching to put everyone in their right place.

WhiteDaisy128
08-22-2003, 02:24 PM
I demand an update! :p

I mean, when you get a chance and all!

:D

This is not meant to be taken seriously, for everyone that thinks we are too pushy at times...

daoine
08-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Ames44...I see you. :) What's the scoop?!?

Ames44
08-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Thanks meridionaleDG.. You put it oh so nicely.

Well, I got my invites and I preffed at all 3 houses I attended yesterday.. Which made me not regret cutting that other chapter yesterday. I preffed at..

ORANGE
BLUE
BLACK

I'm SO glad ORANGE is still in the runnings!! I got so emotional and teary-eyed at the skit yesterday, I'm just sure the flood gates will be released tonight.. Ahhh! Emotions are running high and I'm so drained from this entire week..EVERYONE is. You just walk by or see the girls and we all have that same look in our eyes.

I'm so wired and nervous at the same time, I have the sickest feeling! I hope everything works out with ORANGE but I'm sure that I will be happy with BLUE.. or even BLACK. It's an early call..but I have a feeling that this is the order I will place them

ORANGE
BLUE
BLACK

Preferences are tonight.. Invites at 5:30, parties start at 6. We're not allowed to leave the row, even if we have a break.. or talk to anyone in between parties. No cell phones, complete silence. Tomorrow.. if we don't receive calls from our Gamma Chi's at 9:30 saying we've been removed.. then bids are received at 5 (I think.. Correct me Moxie if I'm wrong)

PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS! I WANT ORANGE SO BADLY!

aephi alum
08-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Congrats on your invites.

Have a blast at pref! Bring Kleenex ;)

OUlioness01
08-22-2003, 02:32 PM
congrats on your invites Ames! i can't wait to hear about pref and where you went!

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Yeah Ames thanks for posting! I was losing it here! lol

WhiteDaisy128
08-22-2003, 02:34 PM
You will have so much fun! I just know it! Can't wait to hear the report!!! And can't wait even more to hear more tomorrow!!! Yippy!

Sweet dreams of orange, blue, and black!

Moxie
08-22-2003, 02:38 PM
congrats ames! i can't wait to find out who orange is. yes, you are right about being called in the morning if we don't get a bid. after that, you just have to wait until 5. i'm only preffing one house, so if i don't get a call i hope that means i'm on my way to becoming a sister... =) you're an awesome girl, and someone will be VERY lucky to have you in their house tomorrow!!!

Dolphingirl14
08-22-2003, 02:47 PM
OMG I am sooooo excited for you! I really hope that you get the chapter that you want! Good Luck! :D

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-22-2003, 02:54 PM
What time do the LSU gals get their bids? Are they on east coast time! I just know they will run and party with their sororities and leave us hanging! LOL I will be losing it! Yep I'm a dork! :D RainbowbrightCS help!

h2oot
08-22-2003, 03:00 PM
The convocation to receive bids is at 5pm CST, but they go immediately from Lod Cook center to the houses and will probably be involved most if not all of the night with the chapter, so I'm not sure when we'll hear back....unless she can get to a member's pc to post to GC. I'm sure she'll be swept up in the festivities....Bid Day is really exhilirating.

pinkyphimu
08-22-2003, 03:09 PM
good luck tonight!

TriDeltaGal
08-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Good Luck tonight! I'm so excited for you!

mmcat
08-22-2003, 07:57 PM
think orange....think orange
your open mind will help you end happy though.
lol

SparkliiQTMTSU
08-22-2003, 08:15 PM
wow well Im soo happy that youre still in the runnings with orange! :) I know you love it there. be sure and update as soon as pref is over lol I cant wait to hear how it goes :) GOOOD LUCK!!!!!

Nichole

Ames44
08-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Prefs are over.. decisions have been made.. and it's up to fate by now.

ORANGE was great.. i cried like a baby just as i had predicted. but i feel like i am welcome here, and i felt comforted by the girls i talked to.. both of which meant alot to me throughout rush.

BLUE was even better than any previous night.. why can't i have both?? i seriously wanted to just put both for first.. the ceremony was so nice and sweet..

BLACK was good.. i'm growing to love it more and more.

I have to say that when I signed my pref card.. I sorta had to stop and think, am i sure I don't want BLUE? Tonight was so nice..and it was a great conclusion to the whole week. But I went with ORANGE.. it's just in my heart.

BID DAY TOMORROW! wow how times have flown..

h2oot
08-23-2003, 12:23 AM
Good luck on getting the bid you want and I hope Bid Day is as awesome for you as it was for me. Go TIGERS!!!

WhiteDaisy128
08-23-2003, 12:23 AM
Oh, I'm dying to find out! I'm sure you are too! Can't wait to hear. It's so great that you have grown to love all three...tomorrow has a very high chance of not being a dissapointment at all! Sweet dreams and I can't wait to hear on Saturday!

Jill1228
08-23-2003, 02:16 AM
http://www.superbabies.homestead.com/files/goodluck.gif

Think ORANGE!

EEKappa
08-23-2003, 07:48 AM
Whichever chapter you pledge, you are about to begin one of the greatest experiences of your life. Thanks for sharing your rush experience with us!

Crossing my fingers for orange. :)

mmcat
08-23-2003, 08:41 AM
fingers crosssed..no phone calls this morning.
nothing but good.

hannahgirl
08-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Good luck today!!! We can't wait to find out who the mysterious ORANGE is!!! YAY for Bid Day!!!

Ames44
08-23-2003, 11:10 AM
well! no phone call this morning.. so that means i am a proud sister of some great LSU sorority!!

hmmmmm.. now i wonder which one it will be. i have an inkling.

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-23-2003, 11:15 AM
Geez you are killing us! Damn the German time change! Damn central european time! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

breathesgelatin
08-23-2003, 11:27 AM
Can't wait to find out!! :)

SparkliiQTMTSU
08-23-2003, 11:48 AM
YAAAY! Good for you! I cant wait find out which one :) have a great day!!!

Nichole

navane
08-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by JohnsDGsweethrt
Geez you are killing us! Damn the German time change! Damn central european time! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

hehehehe... I'm on Greenwich Mean Time (well, technically, it's classified as British Summer Time at the moment) and I seem to be doing ok!

For example, if the east coast PNMs get their bids in the evening, say 5pm, that's like 9 or 10 pm over here. Now, say they party on at Bid Day 'til 9pm Eastern time. While all of the US people are tempted to stay up late waiting for a post, I automatically know that any info posted will be done at a time that's too late for me (3am or so). So, I just go to bed. When I wake up in the morning, I can simply recap all of the threads to see what's happened. :) Pretty handy. :)

.....Kelly :)

h2oot
08-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Congrats, Ames. Whether orange, blue, or black it really doesn't matter once you're part of a fabulous sisterhood. At the end of the rainbow all the colors merge...

Ames44
08-23-2003, 12:06 PM
I totally agree h2oot.. very well put.

Glitter650
08-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Can't wait to hear which one :D I wonder if you're joining a chapter where I know someone.... I hope you don't get too caught up in the excitement to come let us know which one you got a bid to I'm hoping it's orange you liked them all week and of course you got invited back, but if it's not at least your other choices seem to be pretty close behind so it doesn't seem like you'll be *too* disapointed if it's not orange written across the top of your card.... GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN !!

coffeegirl13
08-23-2003, 12:25 PM
OMG! You have got to tell us where you end up!!!!! I am hoping an praying that you get orange! (and secretly hoping that I have a new LSU sister!!!)
good luck today and have fun!:cool:

Moxie
08-23-2003, 12:26 PM
coffeegirl, which sorority are you in? or are you keeping it a secret =) ?

GiantsChic
08-23-2003, 12:49 PM
yay! can't wait to see where you go- hope it's orange! but as long as you're happy, that's all that matters :)

justamom
08-23-2003, 01:36 PM
AHHHHHHHHH-I am so excited for you, I can't wait to hear where you found a home. May I borrow h2oot's quote, because it is the absolute truth! (Not to mention, beautiful!)

Congrats, Ames. Whether orange, blue, or black it really doesn't matter once you're part of a fabulous sisterhood. At the end of the rainbow all the colors merge...

JennRN
08-23-2003, 02:20 PM
WOO-HOO!! Congrats to you and your wonderful new sisterhood!! (Can't wait to find out who it is!!)

coffeegirl13
08-23-2003, 02:50 PM
I guess because there are two of you going through at lsu I don't want to sway with my opinions... besides I don't want to give my chapter a rush infraction... just being careful by staying unaffilliated until this is all over!
good luck to you both! I'm praying for you!;)

Ames44
08-23-2003, 02:56 PM
are you from lsu?

scratch that.. i know now

WhiteDaisy128
08-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Yay!! Can't wait to find out who your new sisters are!!! Please post as soon as you can, though we all know it probably won't be until tomorrow!! But have fun tonight!! It'll be something you don't forget!!

ajuhdg
08-23-2003, 10:43 PM
:( I need an update! I'm getting a little cranky! The AZ girls fruit is making me hungry, and I need to go to bed! WAAAHHHH!!! I'm throwing a pity party!

aj

WhiteDaisy128
08-23-2003, 10:48 PM
We won't hear until the morning (probably)...LSU bid days/nights last ALL night, usually with a sleepover.

hannahgirl
08-23-2003, 10:49 PM
JAM knows something!!! this is going to drive me CRAZY!!!

**dancing impatiently once again**

mmcat
08-23-2003, 11:14 PM
what's to stress.....unless something unbelievable goes down...our girl here has a home...and i would be willing it's orange
sleep well tonight and tomorrow let us know.
we'll be chomping at the ole bit (texas expression, 'scuse)

Ames44
08-24-2003, 01:02 AM
i'm back from the pool party/bid night..

so you wanna know?

GeekyPenguin
08-24-2003, 01:03 AM
i'm back from the pool party/bid night..

so you wanna know?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR yes we do!

AUDeltaGam
08-24-2003, 01:05 AM
TELL!!!!!!!!

hannahgirl
08-24-2003, 01:06 AM
OH COME ON!!!!! PLEASE!!!

we're dying here!!!

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-24-2003, 01:07 AM
Geez what is it!? I"m losing it!

GeekyPenguin
08-24-2003, 01:11 AM
Ames, I see that you are logged on, and I have been sitting here taking a packing break waiting for your post. I am not going to get moved into my apartment on time tomorrow if you continue to hold off and I will be very angry with you so tell us now! :mad:

-and there isn't even a Gamma Phi chapter at LSU!

hannahgirl
08-24-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Ames, I see that you are logged on, and I have been sitting here taking a packing break waiting for your post. I am not going to get moved into my apartment on time tomorrow if you continue to hold off and I will be very angry with you so tell us now! :mad:

-and there isn't even a Gamma Phi chapter at LSU!

HA HA HA!! nothing like a guilt trip to get someone to post!!! I LOVE IT!!! :D

I hope you love where ever you are AMES!!! But....Please hurry!!

AUDeltaGam
08-24-2003, 01:14 AM
maybe if you do a dance, she'll post!

hannahgirl
08-24-2003, 01:16 AM
but we really do need Noreen for that.....she was the originator of it!!!

but maybe for the heck of it.....

**doing the hoping that AMES went to ORANGE tonight dance!!**

GeekyPenguin
08-24-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by PSPGirl

<dances and sings>
If you don't tell me now,
I won't be moved on time,
And I'll get stuck in traffic,
With which few words do rhyme...
So tell us where you're going,
What great sorority pinned you,
And if you do not do it,
I'll hold my breath til I am blue!!!
</dance>

Jill1228
08-24-2003, 01:17 AM
Hope this works:
http://www.superbabies.homestead.com/files/dancingbanana.gif http://www.superbabies.homestead.com/files/dance.gif http://www.superbabies.homestead.com/files/pickle.gif I will even "get my backfield in motion" and do "da butt" http://www.superbabies.homestead.com/files/motiass.gif

AUDeltaGam
08-24-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
<dances and sings>
If you don't tell me now,
I won't be moved on time,
And I'll get stuck in traffic,
With which few words do rhyme...
So tell us where you're going,
What great sorority pinned you,
And if you do not do it,
I'll hold my breath til I am blue!!!
</dance>

LOL!!

Seriously, I'm not going to sleep until I know what sorority you are a new member of!!

hannahgirl
08-24-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Jill1228
Hope this works:
http://www.superbabies.homestead.com/files/dancingbanana.gif http://www.superbabies.homestead.com/files/dance.gif http://www.superbabies.homestead.com/files/pickle.gif I will even "get my backfield in motion" and do "da butt" http://www.superbabies.homestead.com/files/motiass.gif

I think you take the prize for that one!!!! :D

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-24-2003, 01:19 AM
I'm going to be late for church if she doesn't say! Drat I have to go get in the shower! And I know she is reading the thread but the main index doesn't say if she is posting! LOL Drat, drat, drat!

Ames44
08-24-2003, 01:22 AM
sorry.. i had to take a shower. i've been signed logged into the thread all day, but away from my computer.

well.. i am now a delta gamma plegde! i wont say what color of the rainbow it was (as not to offend anyone, yet again!), but i am very happy with my new home..

hows that for you, justamom!

AUDeltaGam
08-24-2003, 01:23 AM
sorry.. i had to take a shower. i've been signed logged into the thread all day, but away from my computer.

well.. i am now a delta gamma plegde! i wont say what color of the rainbow it was (as not to offend anyone, yet again!), but i am very happy with my new home..

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUDeltaGam
08-24-2003, 01:23 AM
WELCOME HOME!!!!

Jill1228
08-24-2003, 01:24 AM
http://geoparent.com/graphics/emoticons/woohoo.gif http://geoparent.com/graphics/emoticons/woohoo.gif http://geoparent.com/graphics/emoticons/woohoo.gif
I guess the dance worked! Congrats Ames!

I thought the dance was good...I bettah get some dollar bills thrown at me! :D

GeekyPenguin
08-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Congratulations, Ames!

Jill1228
08-24-2003, 01:26 AM
So just tell us...
You don't have to give anything away...

Did you see Moxie?

AUDeltaGam
08-24-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Jill1228
So just tell us...
You don't have to give anything away...

Did you see Moxie?

HA! I was telling Andrea the same thing!

hannahgirl
08-24-2003, 01:27 AM
YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

We've been dying to hear this ALL NIGHT!!!! Congratulations AMES!!!! Welcome to the sisterhood of the bronze, pink, and blue!!!!!!

We are soooo happy to hear that you are a new Pi Alpha!!! I'm literally speechless right now!!! I don't know what else to say!

CONGRATS again! Welcome to DELTA GAMMA!!!!

Ames44
08-24-2003, 01:28 AM
moxie?????

JohnsDGsweethrt
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AMES WELCOME TO OUR SISTERHOOD! I WAS HOPING AND PRAYING IT WOULD BE DG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH! YOU'LL LOVE IT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH JOIN OUR FORUM FOR MORE FUN!

http://www.deltagamma.org/images/pictures/440_LouisianaTech.jpg

i don't know if this is LSU but the mascots jersey says louisana so i figgured what the heck! We love you ames!

Jill1228
Great minds were thinking alike... :D
So come on...you can tell us
HA! I was telling Andrea the same thing!

AUDeltaGam
We are the Delta Gammas,
Wearing bronze, pink, and blue
We are the Delta Gammas,
NOW YOU ARE A DEE GEE TOO!!

Angels&Arrows
08-24-2003, 01:29 AM
Congratulations!

DGMarie
08-24-2003, 01:33 AM
Let me be the first to say:

Welcome Aboard!

Delta, Delta Gamma
Delta, Delta Gamma
I'm so happy that you am a
Delta, Delta Gamma
With your sidekick, a little Hannah
When you see a Dee Gee walking
You can hear the others talking
How they wish that they could be
Just like YOU, a little Dee Gee!

AUDeltaGam
08-24-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by JohnsDGsweethrt
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AMES WELCOME TO OUR SISTERHOOD! I WAS HOPING AND PRAYING IT WOULD BE DG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH! YOU'LL LOVE IT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH JOIN OUR FORUM FOR MORE FUN!

http://www.deltagamma.org/images/pictures/440_LouisianaTech.jpg

i don't know if this is LSU but the mascots jersey says louisana so i figgured what the heck! We love you ames!

That's Louisiana Tech...LSU is the tigers!

tinydancer
08-24-2003, 01:38 AM
Congratulations!! That's great!!

aopirose
08-24-2003, 01:38 AM
Congratulations!!!! DG is a great sorority and the LSU chapter is one of my favorites. Go DG and GEAUX TIGERS!!! The first home game is next Saturday. There is nothing like Saturday night in Death Valley with 91,000 of your nearest and dearest!!! Pregame - www.lsusports.net/songs/pregame.wma

CutiePie2000
08-24-2003, 01:40 AM
well.. i am now a delta gamma plegdge.
Welcome to Delta Gamma! I'm so happy for you! :D

rubyrose
08-24-2003, 01:41 AM
Congratulations to you and Delta Gamma! Enjoy!! :)

wishuponastar
08-24-2003, 01:48 AM
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/luxhello.gifYAY!!!!!!! Many, many congrats to you and to DG !!!!! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/jump.gif

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-24-2003, 01:59 AM
Well at least I got the state right! LOL

Pink&Blue
08-24-2003, 02:07 AM
YAY YAY YAY!

Welcome to DG Ames!!! I've been so addicted to your thread, and I am so happy you found a home with our beloved sisterhood of DG!!!

AllisonDG
08-24-2003, 02:12 AM

just wondering...who was orange? welcome to dg :):):):):)

xok85xo
08-24-2003, 02:23 AM
congrats!! isn't this justamom's daughter's chapter? if so, i've only heard wonderful things about them...you definately have made the right choice..

Buttonz
08-24-2003, 03:08 AM
Congrats!

justamom
08-24-2003, 08:35 AM
:D Well, well well!!!! Can you even KNOW how excited I am for you! YOU WILL BE MY DAUGHTER'S SISTER! YOU COULD EVEN BECOME HER LITTLE SIS!!!! This is the most fantastic news!

I have HEARD your pledge class is, hmmmmm shall I say STELLAR!
CONGRATULATIONS....I was kinda hoping!:D

WhiteDaisy128
08-24-2003, 08:35 AM
Ames we are so happy to welcome you to our family. I encourage you to stick around GC...you will learn so much about Greek Life and DG! Congrats again!!

mmcat
08-24-2003, 08:46 AM
yeah....
the cream does rise to the top. enjoy, enjoy the ride. from all we've heard from jam, it's a wonderful journey.

ajuhdg
08-24-2003, 08:51 AM
THIS IS SOOOOO GREAT! And the five of you that were AIMing with me last night understand the relief and excitement!

We're so glad to have you along AMES! Can't wait to chat with you in the DG forum! It is with bursting pride that I change your status on my board (http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?s=&postid=457708#post457708)

YIPPEE for DG!!!!

aj

EEKappa
08-24-2003, 09:05 AM
One of my best friends from high school was an LSU DG. What a great chapter!

aephi alum
08-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Congratulations! :)

AOIIalum
08-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Congrats to you, Ames and to all of your new Delta Gamma sisters!

Fraternally,
Christin

ZTAngel
08-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Congratulations on your new sisterhood with Delta Gamma!

ZTAMich
08-24-2003, 11:33 AM
Congrats and Enjoy!

meridionaleDG
08-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm going to send you a PM.

Ames44
08-24-2003, 01:58 PM
From recent PMs I've gotten, I'd like to say that I'm sorry if it came off as this was my 2nd or 3rd choice! I have to say that it may or may not have been, but if it is ORANGE that I got, I did it all in a factual way as not to offend ANYONE again.. So sorry guys!! I'm a happy gal and love my 200 new friends SO SO much!!

It's been an exhausting week, but all worth it in the end. :)

TriDeltaGal
08-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Congrats!

pinkyphimu
08-24-2003, 04:55 PM
ames, i am soooo excited for you! congratulations on your new sisterhood!

AXO_MOM_3
08-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Congratulations to you and Delta Gamma! Yay!

breathesgelatin
08-24-2003, 09:04 PM
CONGRATS!!!

Moxie
08-24-2003, 09:09 PM
ahhh, good for you ames! sorry i'm late with it, but you know i'm happy for you. we gotta stick together! congrats!

Peaches-n-Cream
08-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Congratulations Ames!!!

KillarneyRose
08-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Congratulations to Ames and to LSU Delta Gamma!!!

DGMarie: Your post is TOO CUTE!!!!! :)

polarpi
08-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Congrats to you and your new DG sisters!

absolutuscchick
08-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justamom
08-26-2003, 06:40 AM
Ames, do you know about Party Pics???
Well, here ya go!

http://www.partypicsusa.com/frame.cgi?page=%2Fproofs.html

I know you're in there SOMEWHERE!;)

JohnsDGsweethrt
08-26-2003, 08:28 AM
JAM,

Those pics are adorable! Which one is your daughter? I think its neat how all the sororities had similiar shirts!

chantillylace55
08-26-2003, 08:55 AM
CONGRATULATIONS AMES!! have a great time with DG (and justamom's daughter!) - what an awesome house!!
xoxo
chantillylace

Ames44
08-26-2003, 01:10 PM
yeah! i got the email for the party pics yesterday.. they're all so cute!

SparkliiQTMTSU
08-26-2003, 01:19 PM
AWW congrats on Delta Gamma! Im sure youre going to love it :) and the pics are too cute!

Nichole