PDA

View Full Version : Extension

GPhiBLtColonel
07-04-2003, 04:13 AM
Extension at Carnation's college was brought up in another thread...Carnation teaches at Shorter College in Rome GA. Gamma Phi presented there this past spring for possible extension/ colonization. Phi Mu and KD also presented there. Shorter has had 2 locals for many many years and there was a third up until recently. They all engaged in a lot of hazing etc and, in a move designed to eventually oust the locals, the college Pres decided to ask NPC to step in and present for potential expansion. One of the locals voted for Phi Mu although it was apparently not unanimous and the other was deadlocked between staying local or going with Gamma Phi. Now apparently there are girls from the first and second locals, along with some nonaffiliated girls, who have expressed interest in Gamma Phi. Not sure of esact number this represents. But there is uncertainity as to how that all might come about. A member of the Gamma Phi Beta Collegiate expansion team is going back to Shorter to discuss the issues with the Greek Life director in October and I hope to go along, depending on the date. I would really like for us to get a colony going there -- it is a good school and we really need more chapters in the south...the USC (South Carolina) chapter that will start in 2004 will be another great addition to our Gamma Phi family -- yea!!
If y'all become aware of tenable expansion opportunities, be sure to let folks know -- I am happy to talk to Membership VP as I am in her chain of command.

AAgammagirl
07-04-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the update, GPhiBLtColonel. i was wondering what was going on with carnation's college. that's pretty exciting, hopefully you can work things out there in October.
any other potential places we may be expanding that you know of?

GPhiBLtColonel
07-04-2003, 03:29 PM
not so far -- there are MANY places I'd like Gamma Phi to be at though! FYI -- Carnation does not want the name of her college posted in the Rush forum or Greek Life or where ever...I doubt she will come on to the thread though....

AAgammagirl
07-05-2003, 08:51 PM
no worries, my lips are sealed!!
i just love hearing about extensions. i wish i could've been a CLC!!:(