PDA

View Full Version : I got my pin in today!

meridionaleDG
06-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Well, after I lost my old one (a gold basic badge with a chase design) - I recently ordered a white gold plain with 4 pearls. It looks very lovely - but it seems smaller than my toher one. Would any of you ladies mind measuring your badge and posting how long it is?

I'm pleased with the white gold. I hope no one in my chapters thinks I am strange - I am the first girl in the history of delta pi to get white gold! hahahaa...I am such a trend setter.

<3

WhiteDaisy128
06-21-2003, 12:23 AM
Mine is just under 3/4 of an inch long and is half on an inch wide from anchor tip to anchor tip.

My badge is white gold as well, but so is several of my sister's badges...

I'm a little upset though, because I got the lamp of knowledge but it only comes in yellow gold...so I have to mix my colors if I want to wear it.

UGAGal
06-21-2003, 12:47 AM
Oooh! I would love to have the white gold. I didn't really think about it when I ordered my badge at initiation (chased, 4 pearls :)) but now I very rarely wear gold jewelry.

Please post some digital pictures if you can! BurrPatt's Web site does not show the white gold - a couple of the pictures are out of order.

btw, mine is the same size - just under 3/4" long and 1/2" from tip to tip!

AUDeltaGam
06-21-2003, 01:06 AM
I also have the white gold badge (chased with 4 pearls) :D

I think our badge is so beautiful!

LITB,
Laura

*ooh, 300th post!*

JohnsDGsweethrt
06-21-2003, 08:04 AM
The pin I ordered back in college has storta gotten older and not so bright. Also part of the cable over the Tau Delta Eta was broken. It was chased but plain otherwise. I just recently ordered a plain pin not chased. It is so pretty. I think the non-chased is more shiny. I will have to measure them but I'm pretty sure they are the same size. The white gold or silver are pretty too!

http://www.burrpatt.com/DeltaGammaOfficialJewelry/wpeA9.gif

meridionaleDG
06-21-2003, 12:59 PM
Thank you!!! I scanned a picture of it because I don't have a digital camera. For some reason it added gold accents to it (and the the spot on the DG is from my scanner). It is actually a very bright and clean white gold - I think it seems a little bit of a sharper color than the gold. The best I can describe it, is look at the middle bottom pearl - and look at that patch of shiny white gold above it. That is what it looks like out of the scanner.

http://www.deltagammausm.com/pin.jpg

Is it just me - or do y'all wish our standard badges were just a tad bit bigger? I think our badge is very pretty, it just seems so small!

sbhill2
06-21-2003, 03:25 PM
I got the white gold pin as well and I love it. Mine was missing one of the pearls when I recieved it but I am getting ready to send it back to get it fixed.
Also, I was really bummed when I figured out I might not have my badge for initiation (my first initiation as a sister, not my new member one) but they handed them out at inspiration just in time for everyone to have their's for initiation. Anyways, I just thought it was kinda cool that I recieved it just in time to wear it for my roommate's inspiration!! :)

AUDeltaGam
06-24-2003, 10:24 PM
I've always thought it would be neat if we could have other stones besides diamonds (and pearls too!) on our badge. I think sapphires on white gold would look gorgeous!

If I'm not mistaken, don't some national officers have emeralds on their badges?

JohnsDGsweethrt
06-25-2003, 10:44 AM
I still for the life of me can't figgure out how to post a pic of my pin up :( I just don't understand why I can't copy and paste it and I don't understand the IMG stuff. :(

JohnsDGsweethrt
06-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Thanks but there just isn't a URL for the pin. oh well