PDA

View Full Version : High School Organizations

virtue
04-02-2000, 03:56 PM
Hello to the Ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha,

I was talking to an AKA Teen a she stated that she was basically an AKA, and I was wondering if that is true. I know that AKA Teens is an AKA national program but does that give AKA Teens an advantage over someone who was not an AKA Teen that want to pledge. I think it does not give an advantage to that certain AKA Teen, but I'm constantly told differently.I was also told that certain chapters do not even recongized AKA Teens. I was wondering all this because I'm pondering over becoming an AKA Teen.

P.S. Words of wisdom is needed. Have a Blessed day.

AKAtude
04-03-2000, 08:56 AM
NO! NO! NO! She is NOT an AKA!!!!

Crooklyn08
04-03-2000, 09:22 AM
An AKA Teen? WTF? That's something totally new to me! Is it a National Program? I honestly haven't heard of it being one...but maybe something passed by me. That young lady is definitely not an AKA. She should refrain from calling herself an AKA. She could get herself in a lot of trouble that she might not be able to get out of.

------------------
AKATUDE - Don't Leave Home Without It!

AKAtude
04-03-2000, 09:30 AM
Soror Crooklyn,

I was thinking that it could be a program sponsored by a local graduate chapter which is why we haven't heard of it. However, you are correct. She should not refer to herself as an AKA.

virtue
04-03-2000, 05:05 PM
Thank you all for your reply.