PDA

View Full Version : Update

UnbelievableDiva
03-21-2000, 08:48 AM
THERE IS STILL HOPE!!!! I spoke with three of your Soror's and was assured that they do not have a line going on right now. They also assured me that I was "definetly someone they were "watching"". Now the quote came from friends that are AKAs and I know they would lie to me so, once again I am walking around with a smile on my face, but of course, I'm not going to be conceited about it and get my feelings hurt (if you know what I mean). Thanks again for your responses.

[This message has been edited by UnbelievableDiva (edited March 21, 2000).]

AKAtude
03-21-2000, 08:57 AM
Well, I'm glad you approached them with your concerns. I wish you luck!

Skeeopatra
03-21-2000, 07:08 PM
Unbelievable, I have read several posts in which Sorors have indicated to prospects that it is totally inappropriate to refer to members of Alpha Kappa Alpha as Sorors. You did differentiate by saying "your Sorors", but I still do not find that appropriate. For future reference, please find another way to address members.

Now, I'm not trying to be picky, but if you do ever get the chance to seek admission into my illustrious sorority, I doubt that Sorors on your campus would allow you to use the term. So, look at it as if I'm just trying to look out for you.

------------------
One of those prettty girls, proudly wearing her twenty pearls!

UnbelievableDiva
03-22-2000, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the 411. But, honestly, in talking with your SORORITY SISTERS, I have, many times, asked about their Sorors and used that exact word. I doubt if it is because we are friends because they surely would have put me in my place. Like I said, thanks for letting me know that some members find it offensive saying "your Soror".

AKAtude
03-23-2000, 08:50 AM
UnbelievableDiva,

People have referred to my sorors as "your sorors" and it has never offended me unless they said it in a tone that was offensive or sarcastic. I don't think you meant to offend anyone. However, everyone has their own opinion regarding the appropriate use of the word "soror" and I'm sure if your friends thought you used it inappropriately they would let you know because I would.

Skeeopatra
03-23-2000, 11:06 AM
I agree with you Soror AKAtude that Unbelievable was in no way intending any disrespect. However, before I entered the sisterhood, I just never let the word "Soror" leave my lips. In my opinion, unless you are Greek, you just shouldn't use the term until you yourself are a Soror. I know other Sorors who feel the same way, and I'm just trying to warn Unbelievable that all Sorors may not be receptive to her choice of wording.

------------------
One of those prettty girls, proudly wearing her twenty pearls!