PDA

View Full Version : Local Sorority Support System

D-Rho
05-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Hello All,

I am an alumnae member of Delta Rho Delta, founded in 1932 on the campus of Emory & Henry College.

We are a local sorority and have NO wishes to align ourselves with a national organization. But are still desperatly in need of better a support system and communication between Alumnae and Current Sisters.

To begin to remedy this situation we have started a website and newsletter to be sent out every semester. We have only been working on this for 1 semester.

My question is for local sorority memeber. What are some ways that you support your active sisters. How have you organized alumnae board or assocation?

Thanks for your Help,
Delta Rho Girl,
Milissa

honeybee77
05-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Bump

cristinasmile
07-14-2003, 12:57 PM
A friend of mine, we are starting a local sorority called Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi. We are very excited to start this, but first we want our school to recognize us as an organization. I'm sure they would be glad to recognize a group of women, who are together for the same goals, etc.

I'm not applying for a national sorority. But from my research, I could understand why maybe you wouldn't want to. Starting something from scratch and knowing you created it, is great. I'd like the values of Sigma Kappa Epsilon Pi to remain the same elsewhere, even if one day we do want to become a national.

AlethiaSi
07-16-2003, 05:18 PM
hey- I am in Nu Sigma Chi sorority in Cortland NY- we have been in existance for 75 years this semester- and i beleive have well over a thousand alumni. We own our own house- and alumni is essentailly our board and our landlords- our support system and everything- nu sig was dying out before my pledge class came with 11 girls- we had to learn all our rituals and everything all over again- through our alumni- we have a website on the www.cortland.edu 's page- under student life- then complete list- then under greek life- that is just our alumni page- there are pictures of us actives too- but i know they would be happy to answer your questions about it- or you are welcome to email me as well- empiregirl@msn.com ~ maggie

AOX81
07-16-2003, 05:32 PM
If you have any specific questions feel free to send me an e-mail or PM me. I am the Alumnae Association President of my local sorority. :)

cristinasmile
07-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Were not starting a local, and I don't have the energy anymore to state why, etc.

That1LoudChick
07-16-2003, 07:01 PM
1. I think a local support system is a great idea!
2. christinasmile- get off the message boards!
3. So far I don't really think Phi Gam has a support system other than active sisters, though it's going to be on my list of to-dos for next year. (We're in a re-building phase.)

AOX81
07-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by cristinasmile
Were not starting a local, and I don't have the energy anymore to state why, etc. If your organization is located in only one area then you ARE local.

alpharhomega
08-05-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm the corresponding secretary for my sisterhood, so I know all about this. For the alumnae, we send out a newsletter every semester (or at least try to... sometimes we run into complications), and we also have a Yahoo! Group. Both are great ways to keep everyone in touch after graduation. They also come in handy for guilt-tripping alumnae to come back for homecoming :o)

D-Rho
07-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Bump