PDA

View Full Version : Why I love Tri-Sigma....*Stolen from Phi Mu*

KissASinfonian
05-07-2003, 06:49 PM
I saw this post on the phi mu board and thought it was a great idea....Just list the reasons why you love Tri-Sigma....

The hardest part will be narrowing it down......

--I love the feeling I get when my mom wears her "Sigma Mom" shirt and answers all her friends questions with "My daughter is a Tri-Sigma"

--I love the fact that when my brother went to college his school didn't have a Greek System so his friends "adopted" me as their "Sorority Sweetheart."

--I love to look at the white dress in my closet and remember the night I became a sister.

--I love the fact that my "lil sis" is wearing MY new member pin.

--I love the fact that my grandmother helps me raise violets in the kitchen windowsill so I can give them to my "lil sis."

--I love the fact that when I am going down the interstate cars full of girls honk at me and point to their own Sigma bumper sticker or hold up a shirt to let me know we share something even though we have never met.

--I LOVE to hear people say "WOW...The Tri-Sigma's at my school are the smartest, sweetest, most down to Earth people I have ever met!!!

Thats just a few...LOOKING forward to hearing others...
-MLK

PearlGirl
05-07-2003, 09:45 PM
I love that with my place in sigma i see my past, present, and future.

trisigmaAtl
05-22-2003, 11:51 PM
I love the pride that I feel when wearing my badge, my lavilier or even a t-shirt because I know that I have something special only my sisters can understand.

I love how we develop inside jokes that come from our unique experiences as Sigmas. If you're not a sister than you can never understand.

I love the concept of "Ever Forward" it is a motivator that I will carry with me and uphold for the rest of my life.

I love our ritual. It is beautiful. It is amazing. It is perfect.

I love the glow I feel when another sister accomplishes something. Someone once told me that thier greatest experiences in Sigma weren't her own, they were her sisters.

let's get this thread going!!!

In our bonds,
Ashley

sailboatgirl
05-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Okay...I've been thinking about this since the day this thread was opened and I can't seem to come up with any concrete "reasons" so to speak. All I do know is that without Sigma, my life would be totally different. I can't imagine who I would be without everything I've learned, experienced, etc. from being a sigma. The women I met as a collegian and as an alumna have all enriched my life in so many ways!

Aprylel21
06-27-2003, 02:44 AM
I saw the chants in your signature. I would absolutely love to know how it goes cause it sounds so cute! My chapter is in need of some new chants.

In our bonds,

April

KSUViolet06
08-14-2004, 02:20 AM
Wow- so many reasons:

* The symbolism of our sailboat.

* Our focus on SINCERE friendship.

* My other sisters I've run into in other cities who treat me like a dear old friend.

* The ideals that we embrace.

* The symbolism of the badge and new member pin.

I could go on and on.......

EPTriSigma
12-24-2004, 01:52 PM
** I love the friends I have made

** I love the connection to something greater

** I love seeing people from other chapters while I am walking around the mall.

** I love the challenges I have faced

** I love the feeling of belonging I get (MSU is a large campus and it's easy to get lost in the crowd)

** I love the symbolism of the sailboat

** I love the ritual

** I love wearing my letters

** I love screaming our chants at all greek meetings and being the loudest ones

** I love watching the faces of new girls as they are being pinned

** I love that we can initiate our mothers. It is amazing to share something so meaning full with our mothers.

** I love friends from other chapters I have made

** I love the exchanges

** I love the sisterhoods

** I love the violets

** I love my lil and the rest of my family

** I love meeting older women that are sigmas (women who are my grandmothers age.... It is an amazing feeling)

** I love the ability to share my experiances with the new members. Giving them the gift of sisterhood that I have been given and hoping for it to mean all to them what it means to me.

jadis96
12-24-2004, 09:40 PM
I love that I can walk into a school event carrying my teaching stuff in a sigma bag and I get stopped and hugged by a mother I have never met because she just realized we are sisters.

ShyViolet
12-27-2004, 08:02 PM
~*~ I love pearls - they're just like my sisters, each one unique and beautiful.

~*~ I love the ritual. I still remember my Arc Degree, and Triangle Degree and Circle Degree. And I remember the first time I saw another sister receiving the Arc and Triangle degrees, it was really moving to know that I'm a part of something that has been going on for over a hundred years, and will continue for hundreds more.

~*~ I like seeing references to Sigma in everyday things, sailboats, purple and white, pearls, violets, it all reminds me that even though I'm far away, Sigma is always close by.

Sigma Love and Mine,
Laura

ejbiff
12-27-2004, 08:48 PM
* I love wearing my letters and carrying my letter bag
* I love the friends I've made since becoming a Sigma
* I love having a network of people to look forward to in the future
* I love our Ritual
* I love my family line

Aprylel21
01-30-2005, 02:48 PM
* I love the fact that all of my close friends are sisters... I will never forget the times that we have shared.
* I have been able to see every member of my current chapter go through Triangle Degree.
* I love Tri Sigma for giving me the ability to care and love my sisters for who they are.
* I love being proud of my sisters accomplishments.
* I have an undeniable love for Giraffes, my family.
* Wearing my letters and having people ask me what it stands for and for me to say "Tri Sigma is one of the best sororities on earth!"
Slam,
April

**Disclaimer for my earlier post on this subject, I must've replied to the wrong post.

PrtrHouse13
03-02-2005, 03:27 PM
*I love that we can all get on here and it's like we've known each other forever bc we all share the same bond. *I love that you can ask for help and hundreds of sisters are there right by your side. *I love that we are all different and can accept each other for that.

Sigma3GammaMu
09-17-2006, 08:54 PM
What I love about being a Tri-Sigma... My top 5
1) One letter times 3 is better!
2) My boyfriend's mom's drop-letters look great around my neck!
3) What other women's organization embraces the skulls and cross bones?
4) Finding out that your ninth grade strict P.E teacher used to run around YOUR Greek house screaming, "I'm a Sigma, I'm a Sigma!" at the top of her lungs at 3 in the morning!
5) Having Sisters all over the world who you have never met, but you know would give you anything, just because your a Sigma!

jadis96
09-18-2006, 12:03 AM
-Knowing that when I wear my letters I am wearing something that really stands for something.
-Pride in all my sisters.
-Having all my non-sigma friends buy me skull and crossbones stuff, because even if they don't understand what it means knows it matters to me.

SuperblySigma
10-26-2006, 02:37 AM
Well, the first thought that came to mind was "I love the violets, I love the sisterhood, I love Tri-Sigma, just like I knew I would!"

I love so many more things about Tri-Sigma, though.

I love the time I spend with my big, my little, and the new members who don't know that they are my little and grandlittle. They are so smart, and fun... but more importantly, sisterly. I love them and they love me, through all of the can't-stop-laughing crazy, but also through the can't-stop-crying crazy. I love the Snake family!

I love the beautiful things in the house that have been handed down over the years--like the beautiful teapot I brewed my tea in this evening.

I love the 3 AM dance parties that happen when we're up way too late studying.

I love that I have sisters everywhere.

ilovetheviolets
10-26-2006, 09:42 AM
I love Tri-Sigma because of all that it has taught me. The experiences that I have gained from Sigma have helped me out immensely as i venture into the world. Who would have ever known that being the MRD would have so greatly prepared me to now plan my wedding?!?! I also love how happy I get wheneve I am driving and see a car with a Sigma sticker on it. Lastly, I love my family, my little, and my little-littles are the best fam. I could have asked for!!

ms_gwyn
10-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Well for me, it has been an interesting journey...

When I first found Sigma, I just fell in love with everything about it....

The friendships, my mom (i.e. mom/dot), the colors, Faithful Unto Death, etc.

Then my path veered away from Sigma, I found it briefly again in 1998 and permanently in 2005.

During the years between, I was looking for something that I had found in Sigma, but was in denial about that something and went searching for it somewhere else, but fate made me do some very hard thinking and searching my heart and I realized that Sigma it has always been. I will *always* say, it’s not what you become, it’s what you’ve always been and that is Tri Sigma.

I am pretty heavily involved in researching GLO histories and related issues. I have to tell you that even though I admittedly have a thing for those VA groups, nothing, I mean, NOTHING that I read in any of all the histories that I have, gave me the same feelings, when I was reading about Sigma and the greatness that is our founders and the women who followed to lay down the foundation of what we have before us today.

I also love that the moment when I first walked into the door of the AC chapter; I was welcomed with open arms and immediately accepted as a sister in those ladies eyes. It’s amazing.

That is what is so special about Sigma, the history, the women; the beauty and I will take that away with me forever. It will make me a better person.

I want to see 1 year, 5 years, 10, 20, 50 years from now the special-ness of Sigma reflected in the new sisters to come.

Sigma Love
Gwyn

Sigmalicious*EN
01-15-2007, 06:25 PM
I love that no matter how pissed you are at a sister, you know that if something is wrong you can call them and they will be there in a second, no matter what.
I love wearing everything sigma!!!!
I just love everything about Sigma!

jadis96
01-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I love that after planning a pref night planning a middle school dance and fundraiser is a breeze.

I love that I get to impart the love I have of giving to my students because Sigma made me realize that "to recieve much, you must give much" isn't just a slogan on a T shirt but a way of life.

I love being stopped in Williamsburg VA by 60 year old woman in costume when I was wearing letters and being told if I needed anything just let her know, since we were sisters after all!

KSUViolet06
01-21-2007, 09:58 PM
*Getting a hug from a 60 year old woman while on vacation in Mexico because she is your sister!

*Because after you plan a Thanksgiving dinner for your 60 sisters as Sisterhood chair, planning your grandpa's retirement party is nothing!

*I love knowing that wherever life takes me, through alumna involvement, Sigma will always be a part of it.

sigma3
01-22-2007, 09:22 PM
* I love knowing that my sisters in Sigma are also some of the friends I'll have with me for life.

*I love being close to members in my Sigma family that came in even after I graduated.

* I love knowing I could go anywhere and there's a chance of running into a Sigma.

*I love the memories made, among them the feeling I got during my last pref day.