PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Things About Kappa

sherbertlemons
05-06-2003, 11:17 PM
So, I figured since several of us actives (and advisors) are gearing up to start formal recruitment in the next few months (and really, I'm just curious!) we should start a thread about what we like best about Kappa.

So, what do you like best about Kappa? What do you love about the sisters in your chapter? (Or, if you've graduated, what did you like best about them?)

I love the sisters in my chapter because they have the BEST senses of humor. Take our marshall, who has us cracking up at chapter. She sends out nutty e-mails, and is always at every event wth a big ole smile. These girls are also crazy about being Kappas. I swear, some of them have been bleeding blue and blue since October. (And MY mother thinks I talk about Kappa a lot? She hasn't met some of my sisters.)

In fact, every one of my sisters is incredibly nice. All the alumnae I've met, every sister from another chapter- they all come off as loving, witty women. I love our symbols. I originally thought of them as tomboyish, but sometime recently I started to think how incredibly feminine they all are. It also amazed me to see so many sisters come out en masse to welcome a new chapter.

MSKKG
05-07-2003, 12:34 PM
sherbertlemons, I would get such a bad case of writer's cramp if I tried to tell what Kappa means to me!

In college, I loved my sisters (even the ones I didn't hang out with). I loved our symbols, colors, meaning. I was so proud to wear the letters "KKG" and couldn't wait to be initiated. I treasured everything about Kappa (I didn't want to give up my pledge pin either!).

As an alum, I've come to realize what a good decision I made!!! We are part of an amazing group of women who inspire their sisters and others to be better. More than ever, I see Kappa's chapter-to-chapter-to-chapter bond. I myself have "adopted" Epsilon Kappa chapter and Epsilon Kappa has adopted me. Kappa transcends school rivalries. I can attest to that because my chapter at Ole Miss was the big sister chapter for Epsilon Tau (Miss. State). I couldn't have been happier to call each of those awesome ladies sister!

Kappa is well respected for her history, sisterhood, quality, service, and leadership, to name only a few of Kappa's strengths. Being a Kappa Kappa Gamma makes me stand a little taller, smile a little bigger, and work a little harder to make all my sisters proud of me.

KerriMarie
05-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Aww, this is sad for me. :( I just recently graduated, and thus went alum - and I'm very very homesick right now for my girls.

I loved walking into my house and seeing everyone's smiling faces. I loved sitting at dinner and discussing my day with everyone. I loved having friends who always wanted me around. I love seeing random fleur-de-lis everywhere, and knowing that they're mine - they're ours.

I love having this bond with people, all over the country. I love having so many sisters - people who will look out for me and care for me.

vukkg
05-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Hello Kappas,

Some of my favorite KKG things are...

Our initiation ritual..beautiful, simple, and meaningful.

Walking onto Kappa Korridor and always finding a smiling face.

Our symbolic golden key.

Over 200,000 initiated sisters worldwide.

Our Kappa Symphony - there are some really insightful thoughts written there.

Pref night...we talk about finding a home and sing "never saw blue like that before" ...we hope that KKG really does "feel like coming home" for each of our new members.

Working my way up the Kappa ladder since freshmen year to finally get a couch seat at Chapter!!

Loyally,
Lisa