View Full Version : Delta Omicron Exec Board for 2003-2004

AngelPhiSig
05-05-2003, 07:15 AM
President: Alison M. (me!)
VPM: Jess A. (my little)
VPSP: Ashley C. (my grand little!)
Treasurer: Nicole W.
Secretary: Mindy H.
Parlementarian: Nicole Dezzutti (my big)

Congrats!

SuperSister
05-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Congrats to the new exec board, they were installed last night! Also, I went through 'The Ritual of the 4th Degree' (a chapter ritual written by Alison for the purpose of going Alumni) it was pretty darn cool!

~Emily

sairose
08-06-2003, 06:48 PM
Sorry to invade your board...

But about this "4th degree". Does TBS allow unofficial rituals? You might want to check with nationals about that. Because SAI (well, many chapters of SAI) performed an unofficial ritual called the Rose Service but the National Executive Board said we have to stop it because it is not official.

PandaOnProzac
08-07-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by sairose
Sorry to invade your board...

But about this "4th degree". Does TBS allow unofficial rituals? You might want to check with nationals about that. Because SAI (well, many chapters of SAI) performed an unofficial ritual called the Rose Service but the National Executive Board said we have to stop it because it is not official.

Since TBS and KKPsi operate under the same governing organization I think I can sorta answer this. A lot of the chapters I've visited have their own extra rituals and to my knowledge none of them have been told to stop. These rituals have been going on in chapters for years and years as well.

sairose
08-07-2003, 12:44 PM
I *still* think I would check with your national headquarters just to make sure. Not that there's anything wrong with these extra rituals; I know they surely must add a lot to your bond. But, so did our Rose Service. We'd done it for *years* and finally Nationals told us that for now, it had to be stopped because it was not official.

However, the good news is that the new National VP of Ritual and Fraternity Education is going to collect the rituals from chapters for the Rose Service and try to make an official one. See, different chapters did the ritual slightly different, and they wanted us to stop it until they could create one official Rose Service.

Hope I didn't sound rude...sure didn't mean to. :D It's just that we thought our unofficial ritual was okay, and turns out, it wasn't. So...just wanted to check. :)

TBS is great! They have a very strong chapter at my school. :D Just wanted to stick that in there. :) :) :D :D :cool: :cool:

AngelPhiSig
09-19-2003, 06:00 AM
Tau Beta Sigma can have ceremonies which are written by the chapter.

To be called rituals they have to be approved by Nationals.

So really we have a ceremony of the 4th degree.

And from what I know the only RITUAL we have is 3rd degree.

kat1946
09-19-2003, 06:28 PM
The last post on here is right on with the policy. We do allow chapters to have additional ceremonies. As stated they are to be called a CEREMONY as we have RITUAL which all chapters do. The ceremonies can be altered chapter by chapter, the RITUAL is the same.

The only reason for anyone to need to contact the National HQ or National Officers on any new ceremonies is to

a) Share them so that we can have the information available when other chapters make requests for similar ceremonies. Currently, the officer dealing with the gathering of those ceremonies is Kimbi Sigle, National VP for Special Projects (her e-mail address is on line)

and

b) We do keep like to hear about them to make sure there's no potential for hazing in a new ceremony. Not saying this is the case for this ceremony. Just a comment.

Thanks...y'all keep up the chattin'!

Kathy Godwin
National Vice President for Colonization and Membership
Tau Beta Sigma
keg@tbsigma.org
AIM - kegodwin

sairose
09-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Hey guys!

Thanks for correcting me. I wish SAI could do the same thing. But, we can't. Oh well!

I thought TBS had 1st and 2nd degrees too. I know the chapter here does. Hmmmm, now I'm confused.

kat1946
09-20-2003, 12:29 AM
You are right.

Kathy Godwin
Tau Beta Sigma
National VP for Colonization and Membership