PDA

View Full Version : advice about approaching members of the sorority

pinkandgreenwish
02-12-2000, 04:33 AM
Hello divine ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, I am interested in becoming a member. My grades are excellent, I am involved in a few clubs, and I have participated in some community service. The problem is I only "know" one chapter member (she is my roommate). If a member and I's paths happened to cross, I am friendly. However, I do not "brown nose" the members because I feel weird trying become friends with the other members just to get "extra points". Do not get me wrong these ladies appear to be nice, but since I have never actually had chance to meet them (such as organizations) I do not want to over do it. Should I try to gain better relationships with the ladies or should I continue with my actions? If a interested student isn't well known amongst the sorority members, what is the chance that they will be picked from the other interested girls?

Thanks,
wishing for pink and green

p.s. sorry I couldn't go into full detail like I wanted, its way pasted my bedtime and I can't think straight

Crooklyn08
02-12-2000, 08:44 PM
Well, in my personal opinion, it would be good to get to know other members of the chapter in which you are interested in. You don't have to be up in their faces the whole time (b/c personally, that's not cute to me), but you may try to attend some of the functions and get to know my other sorors. Open houses are a good time to do something like this. Maybe there are some courses that you and they might have to take....that could work out in your favor.

Do what comes naturally and don't force anything. You never get what you really want when you force yourself on people.

pinkandgreenwish
02-13-2000, 12:16 AM
Crooklyn08, thank you for your advice!
Pinkandgreenwish

Captivator#6
02-16-2000, 07:08 PM
PinkandGreen

My advice to you is to make sure that you have your COMMUNITY SERVICE and GRADES together.

I agree with Soror Crooklyn when she says that you need to make an effort to get to know the other members of the local chapter. After all, how can you say that you want to be someone's sister, if you do not even know thier name?

However, I assure you that my Sorors are intelligent enough to know the difference between someone that is "kissing up" and someone that is genually interested in knowing more about Alpha Kappa Alpha. After all, we were all once "just interested."