PDA

View Full Version : letters worn by non members

KissASinfonian
04-27-2003, 12:15 PM
My chapter is having a problem and although I am not a Sigma Pi I am generally asking random groups their opinion about this problem.

I go to a relatively small school with only about 3000 students in all and only 3 non-ethnic sororities on campus. We have been having a lot of problems with non-members wearing our letters. Mostly freshmen who want to pledge. Most of the time it is something simple like a key chain but these people have no idea what this means to us.

My question is....What can we do about this aside from telling the person outright?

Can we go to Greek-Council or to our Student Affairs chairman? Or should we go to our faculty sponsor? PLEASE HELP US!!!

Thanks a lot

Kevin
04-29-2003, 01:54 AM
Damn.. sounds like ya'll need to do some PR. Or maybe organizations need to start selling their t-shirts internally (to members only)?

SLG-LADY
05-27-2003, 05:07 PM
IN REGARDS TO YOUR MESSAGE REGARDING NON MEMBERS WEARING YOUR LETTERS... I MUST SAY IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF YOUR GREEK ADVISOR ON CAMPUS TO EDUCATE THEM AND IMPLIMENT THE POLICIES OF THE GREEK SYSTEM AND ORGANIZATIONS TO YOUR CAMPUS. IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT THE NON-MEMBERS WEARING LETTERS WEAR YOUR LETTERS TO SHOW THAT THEY ARE INTERESTED, BUT THEY MUST FIRST ATTEND AN INFORMATIONAL OR BE POINTED THE RIGHT DIRECTION BY YOUR GREEK ADVISOR AND/OR STUDENT AFFAIRS DESIGNEE TO UNDERSTAND THE GREEK SYSTEM AND THE DISRESPECT THEY ARE CAUSING YOU AS AN ORGANIZARION. IF YOU FEEL I CAN BE OF MORE INSITE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME, I WAS GREEK/ORG. ADVISOR FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS..