PDA

View Full Version : HELP

Jenee
11-24-1999, 07:26 PM
First off I am not looking for any handouts on AKA. I just have a dilemna and am hoping someone will offer some kind advice. I am intersted in AKA, both my mother and grandmother are AKA's. I have been told several times that a legacy is an automatic vote. UNFAIR!! I want to be chosen because of me and my morals,achievments,etc. However for legal reasons I was told that I should inform the AKA's my family is in the sorority. How can I mention this without coming off like a spoiled brat who has it made. HELP!

INFORMER
11-25-1999, 11:04 PM
YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD WRONG!!!!! Being a legacy doesn't make you an AKA automatically. You will have to go through the process just like any other canidate.

------------------
ALWAYS INFORMING TO KEEP IT STRAIGHT

pink bunny
12-09-1999, 01:20 PM
to answer your question straight from the
mouth of an AKA. 1. you are not an AKA until
the ladies in the chapter and nationals make
that choice. 2. if you are asked or there is
paper work that asks for legacy information then don't lie (many women have a relative or mentor whose influence has opened them up to AKA) but it is not a ticket in. 3. some chapters DON'T like legacies (go figure, so in that case it won't gain you any brownie points). 4. good luck.

Jenee
12-10-1999, 01:15 PM
Thanks Pink Bunny!

sensitivity91
12-10-1999, 05:27 PM
Jenee, I like your attitude. Pink Bunny is right just because you are a legacy doesn't give you an automatic vote and they are look upon favorablly mainly because most girls have a tude about their mama being AKA's like that makes them better than everybody else. Give the AKA's on your campus a chance to get to know you as a person and let that be your guide.

icebrAKA
04-14-2006, 03:41 PM
TEST