PDA

View Full Version : Miss Greek UK

UTPiPhi
04-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Hey yall...UK's DTD chapter has a big fundraiser that involves a sorority beauty pageant...one of the way to win points is to get online votes...so we here in the Kentucky Beta chapter would like to ask for your help...we know that other sororities have asked other chapters for help with the voting...Theta had over 200,000 votes the other day! SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us and vote for natalie...you can click on the vote natalie button several times without seeing the results and it will count as many votes. Thanks for all your helps :) PPL - Kentucky Beta Pi Phi's

Here is the link:

http://www.uky.edu/StudentOrgs/DTD/GreekUK/vote/index.htm

Angels&Arrows
04-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Anything to support a sister! Good Luck!

carnation
04-14-2003, 11:49 PM
I voted for her a bunch of times!

angelic1
04-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Hey-

I was just wondering about this.. I am not trying to stir anything up, but I know that our chapter has always been told that you can not participate in philanthropy events that are beauty pageants by nationals. Does anyone know about this?? There are a couple that go on here... that are very questionable anyways like getting up there in just a swimsuit in which we dont participate in, but there are some where its an evening gown then talent. Any thoughts?

breathesgelatin
04-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by angelic1
Hey-

I was just wondering about this.. I am not trying to stir anything up, but I know that our chapter has always been told that you can not participate in philanthropy events that are beauty pageants by nationals. Does anyone know about this?? There are a couple that go on here... that are very questionable anyways like getting up there in just a swimsuit in which we dont participate in, but there are some where its an evening gown then talent. Any thoughts?

That's interesting. I'm sure that sketchy wet t-shirt contests are banned. And I know that homecoming competitions, etc, are obviously allowed. So there's a line somewhere.

And let us know how our candidate does! :D

crzangel
05-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Hahaha.....so call me spacey, I was thinking UK as in United Kingdom...I couldn't figure it out, I was always told they didn't have fraternities over seas. Yeah, that took me a minute. :rolleyes: Wow I think I need to get some more sleep.....Hope she did well! In PiPhi, ~T