PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Alpha Chapter!

pandab3ar
03-24-2003, 07:18 PM
hi everyone!

I'm new to these chats and just wanted to say hello to all the chapters out there. I am a senior at Syracuse University as well as a sister of the Alpha Chapter.

Anywho, just wanted to write a quick hello, see how everyone was doing.. :p Write back if you get a chance! And don't forget to watch the Orangemen take over the NCAA's Final Four!!! :D

AAgammagirl
03-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Congrats on your HUGE pledge class this year. i know a few years ago there was a rumor that our Alpha chapter wasn't doing so well and was even being considered shut down!!:eek:
What is the total # of members at Alpha chapter? and what is your campus total?
(We're pretty small at U of Toronto, Canada, and 47 pledges is way more than the total amount of members we have!! and we're one of the top 2 sororities on our campus!) Our campus total is 45.
In Sept. 2003, we have something called the "double cohort", which means that twice the amount of high school kids are coming to university this year. we're really hoping this will expand all chapters on campus by at least 100%.

:) GO Gamma Phi!!

pandab3ar
03-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Hey there! :)

As for the rumor on the alpha chapter-- a rumor is just a rumor and you can't believe all you hear, rightright? I have been here for 4 years-- with friends in older pledge classes, and honestly have yet to hear anything claiming that alpha wasn't doing well. The reality is, the Alpha chapter is going strong. :) Quota has increased steadily, we have over 100 sisters, and the new members have yet to be initiated... so its definitely quite exciting! We have 12 sororities on campus, each with a different personality and different atmosphere and we all get along surprisingly well! With 600 girls rushing this year, 4 houses received above-quota numbers, so it was no surprise that Gamma Phi was one of them!!!!!!!! :D

So you go to U of T? Do you like it? What year are you? How many sororities are on your campus? Is Greek Life a major factor on your campus? I was actually in Toronto a bit ago--and the city is so beautiful-and so remarkably clean! One of my good friends goes there-he's a third year-(although, he isnt in a fraternity).. and is currently the treasurer of your student organization, i think.. and absolutely loves U of T. (He's a native of Toronto, & I told him to come to the states, but alas, he wanted to be close to home! Doh!)

Anywho, hope all is well there! That's awesome that next year will double the girls..good luck with that!!!! :D -- Go Go Gamma Phi!!!

write back if you get a chance! :)

AAgammagirl
03-30-2003, 10:52 PM
I'm an actually a recent alum (i graduated last year) of the Gamma Phi Alpha Alpha Chapter. I really miss being an active and visit the house alot b/c half of my pledge class is still active.
We have 7 sororities and 17 fraternities on our campus. Campus total is 45 and most sororities numbers range from 10-35. We are at 31.
U of T sororities are:
Alpha Omicron Pi
Delta Delta Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Phi
Pi Beta Phi
and of course, the best house:D Gamma Phi!!!
Right now AOII is our biggest competition and then KKG after that.
We have 60,000 students at our school and there's approx. 300-400 greek members, so no, greek life is not very strong up here. We're hoping that will change next year though with the double cohort.
When you guys do formal recruitment, do you do alot of singing?
I have to say that we don't, but i think that's b/c we don't know alot of songs. We sure could use some fun songs, if you know of any could you pass them along?
talk to you soon!!
Gamma Love
:)

Sprinkles
04-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Hey! I'm a new sister at the Epsilon Tau chapter at the University of Rochester - that's not too far from Syracuse! We've been trying to plan a trip over to Syracuse to visit you guys, but alas, it hasn't happened yet. Maybe now that our *small* new spring pledge class has been initiated we will. :)

We watched the team play the other night (yesterday I think?) so that's really exciting!

-Laura

pandab3ar
04-06-2003, 09:12 PM
That would be awesome if you guys came to visit!!! when are you guys getting initiated?? do you know yet?? definitely update me on that (though, with the semester winding down and 3 weeks left of school..and then graduation.. yuck.):(

-->we did play a tight game yesterday --- Carmelo Anthony is OUT OF CONTROL!! Last night consisted of people just rioting in the streets, screaming and running-- it was absolute insanity! Monday night is the big game-- pretty much everyone is working on "carmelo-time". NCAA Champs here we come!!!! :D

Sprinkles
04-07-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by pandab3ar
That would be awesome if you guys came to visit!!! when are you guys getting initiated?? do you know yet?? definitely update me on that

I'll let the girls know. :) We actually JUST held initiation on April 5, and I was one of the new ones initiated! SO exciting! One of the girls in my pledge class really wants to visit because her older sister (biological lol) is a senior at Syracuse soooo hopefully it'll be soon! We have less than a month of classes left! eek!

best of luck to the bball team! :D we'll be cheering!

-Laura

kk_bama
03-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Alabama is so going to beat Syracuse's BUTT tonight, at least this year. We're going all the way!

But other than that, a great big hello in 2004 from Sweet Home Alabama to Alpha chapter!:)