PDA

View Full Version : Boss from hell! (long rant)

aephi alum
02-12-2003, 07:11 PM
ARGH... :mad:

Background: I used to work part-time doing something I'm way overqualified for (thanks to our lovely economy :rolleyes: ). I recently found a job in my field. The hours of the two jobs were in direct conflict, so I had to choose, and chose the new job. My old employer asked me to continue to come in one afternoon a week (their busiest) until they could hire a replacement for me, and I agreed and juggled my schedule around (which was not easy, and nearly caused me to lose the new job).

My replacement at the old job started last week, and today was to have been my last day.

OK. A few days ago, my husband was injured - he could barely walk. I spent most of Monday driving him around to doctors and to the hospital for X-rays.

Obviously, now I have to make up the hours at my "real" job. Since they have someone to replace me with at the old job, they don't really "need" me. So I called in, explained the situation briefly, and told them I couldn't come in. I left all of this on their answering machine, since it was after hours when I called.

Well, my former boss called my house this morning to CHECK that my husband was actually injured!! :mad: She then demanded that my husband contact me and have me call her. AFAIK, she didn't even ask how he was feeling. :rolleyes:

I have NEVER had any employer question me when I've called in sick or taken an afternoon off to go to the doctor or take my husband to a doctor. I am outraged. :mad: She has always treated me like a child - she is incapable of treating anyone under 35 as an adult.

I wish I could tell her where to stick it, but she is influential in my community... I have to stay, if not on her good side, then at least not actively on her bad side.

*sigh* :mad:

sorry about the rant... but I do feel better now :)

valkyrie
02-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Oh that sucks!