PDA

View Full Version : improving brotherhood/sisterhood

04-22-2001, 08:24 PM
Is it any wonder that when someone talks about people skating the professor closes the thread. Hits a little to close to home I guess. I know I may get a bunch of heated comments about this. Doesn't matter its the truth.

bigBERG
04-23-2001, 01:37 AM
I'm gone for a minute, and the ball is in my court, here's the shot...

I do agree that the brotherhood is the foundation, but that is not social. Brotherhood runs far deeper than the meaning of the word social. Brotherhood encompasses being there for one another at the drop of a hat, regardless of time or situation. True brotherhood also goes without saying. I stress community service because the brotherhood of my chapter has always been an unspoken rule, gospel if you will. And if you are implying that I skated then I would tell you to meet me at my yard and look at me and my LB's and say that we skated. My veins pump Black and Old Gold, and I will uphold the light of Alpha until the day that I cease to exist. Now I myself find skating deplorable because I have met skaters of all the orgs and their 'hood just isn't there. They can't sing the hymn, engage in the chants, or talk about the love because the majority of the ones I have encountered do not posess it. My friend who is a Sigma dropped some knowledge on me once, he said of a skater he met, "yeah, he's a Sigma but he ain't my brother or my frat!"

------------------
Many are called, many are chosen, but only a few are PHROZEN!

The Original Ape
04-23-2001, 01:27 PM

IF YOU PLEDGED, then you know about what BigBerg and the rest of us already know; that is, we don't air our personal laundry out in public. He mentioned respect; I say, if there's something you want to teach a brotha, you should know how to do it.

I love my frat. I pledged and crossed in 1980, and I'm still active. I disagree with bruthas daily; but I always retain respect for them-no matter how often we disagree.

I know you know better. If you had an e-mail address, I would've done this privately.

UPHOLD THE NAME

Professor
04-24-2001, 12:25 AM
It takes some "Brothers" longer than others to understand the complexities of life, the meaning of respect and often the true essence of Brotherhood. While I applaud the participation of all Brothers in this forum, I MUST stress that some topics are not appropriate for general debate in this setting. I urge Brothers to be mindful that this is an open forum. In addition, many of the topics that are closed are often a result of requests I receive from Brothers.
If ANY BROTHER needs clarification on this matter or ANY other concern, please e-mail me personally.