PDA

View Full Version : PR Blitz

AOIIforever
02-05-2003, 09:27 PM
HI guys! I'm from Pi Alpha and we are having our PR our blitz this week and I just wanted to give you all on an update on how we're doing so far. Tonight was our third event about Leadership. We had a guy that ran for Congressman for our district last year (he didn't win) Speak for us (two of our sisters worked on his campain with him and he was returning the favor) as well as one our girls' mom who is in the head of her profession. Everyone really enjoyed the night.
The first night was an open house and we had 14 ladies attend, 6 of whom signed up for interviews. Tuesday we had speakers on womens health issues and had 7 or 8 girls there. Tonight there where 5 women, and they all had signed up for an interview for a total of 11 interviews! The goal that Internationals set up for us was 25 so we are doing GREAT so far. And its only our 3rd day! We still have 5 more events!! There were a few girls the first and second nighst who had said they wanted to sign up for an interview but got to talking and forgot, so I think that we are really going to make our goal this time.. And all of the girls are AWESOME! We even have one legacy who's mom was at the Alpha Chi chapter at WKU.
Sorry this is so long but I am so excited and I can't wait to get all our new roses!!

PS. We have 24 active members right now so if we get 25 it will more than double our chapter! :)

AOIIalum
02-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the update! Go Pi Alpha--I'm so excited for you all! Make sure to get those other girls to get their interviews, I'm so sure you will! What an awesome way to celebrate our 20th anniversary at Louisville. Please keep us posted if you get a chance.

Alpha love and Roses,
Christin

AOIIforever
02-14-2003, 09:50 AM
Hi guys sorry I haven't given an update but I didn't want to jinx it! The PR blitz is over now and it went really well.
Over all we probably 23-26 girl interested in joining and after Wednesday we decided to extend 17 bids!!
Last night we had past international president Leigh Perry speak at our Pref type invitation only night and we surprised all the girls with thier bids! Unfortuatly only 10 of the 17 could attend that night. 8 of the 10 girls signed thier bids immediatly (including one legacy!) and 1 girl was kind of unsure and is wait to talk to her parents and the other girl really wants to join but she just has to check with her parents again as well. So then after the event we stormed the dorm for the girls who weren't there and live on campus. We ended up signing 4 more bids!! YAY. Today we are meeting the other 3 girls on campus to extend. We are very very excited !!!
And the best part is that we are still recieve emails from girls who want to join! We got one last night! We are WELL on our way to 25 new members as our next COR event is in a couple weeks.
Wish us luck with our last 5 bids!!

PS we were so sad because there was this REALLY awesome girl who was so excited and interested and was practically rushing other girls at our events that we all fell in love with. But we found out that she didn't make grades (due to a death in the family last semester) and we were all so sad, but she is going through in the fall after she makes up her classes and we'll get her then!:D

AOIIforever
02-14-2003, 04:16 PM
It's final! We have 16 new girls! Yay!

AOIIalum
02-14-2003, 05:28 PM
THANK YOU, Darcy! I'm just sitting here in tears, and am so happy for all of you. I've been haunting my email all day to see if there had been an update sent out :) Isn't Leigh the most wonderful speaker, ever? (even though she isn't a PIP!)

I'm so proud of Pi Alpha!!! Hard work, sisterhood and love DOES pay off! Congratulations to our 16 newest Pi Alphas and to everyone who worked so hard on behalf of the chapter. I can't wait to meet everyone at our 20th Anniversary later this year.

Much Alpha love and Roses,
Christin

AOIIforever
02-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Isn't it AWESOME!!! And let me tell you, these girls are QUALITY!! They are active (2 on rowing team, 1 on track) and have awesome grades (most above 3.0 and two 4.0 cumulatives!) and they are all so cute and bubbly and we are all so excited, you just don't know!!
That is so funny about Leigh Perry! Everyone here was saying she was a PIP, even the advisors! Oh well she's still cool.
We have 16 bids signed but we have at least 3 girls lined up that are friends of the new girls! We will be at 25 in no time.
But you will never guess how fate decided to congratulate us today... I walked into the suite and water was POURING out of the ceiling onto the carpet and all the tables... Thats right, a toilet broke up above us so now our suite smells like toliet water... Pewww! But at lease it happened after everything was over, and THANK GOD it didn't get our new furniture, Dori and the Corp. board would have killed somebody!
LOL
Well I'll try to keep you updated on how we're doing and I hope we'll see you around sometime!
Alpha Love

SnowLady
02-15-2003, 10:19 AM
OH MY!

That is so awesome!

Like Christin, I am just beside myself with happiness for you all! Way to Go!

:)

pialpha92
02-21-2003, 12:00 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

I've heard great things about all your new members and the other PNM's.

Good luck in your upcoming COR!

But which advisors thought Leigh was a PIP???? You'll just have to set them straight I suppose ;)

Roses,
Dori

AOIIalum
02-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi Dori!

Roses,
Christin

pialpha92
02-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Hi Chris!

FYI - we're voting on the whole 'housing question' tomorrow night at the Corp Board meeting. It looks like we may be back at looking at a house since they caved and let the houses stay.

I'll keep you posted

AOIIalum
02-22-2003, 10:17 PM
GRRRR! They completely caved on all the houses? I know, I know, I've been around for long enough to know better :) Do we still have first rights to the corner lot?

Please keep us all posted. There's quite the Pi Alpha cheering section on our GC AOII board!

Roses,
Christin

pialpha92
02-22-2003, 11:29 PM
Of course they caved - anything to avoid an argument...

They are requiring renovations but for the sororities that only ranges from 36-65K and in exchange the university is eliminating their rent.

We do still have rights on the lot - believe me I never dropped those. And since I don't believe the suites will happen with the houses staying I think building is our only option. We certainly can't stay in the current conditions - last Friday's flood was only one of many...

I'm hopeful the CB will follow my suggestion to pursue the house and several local alumnae involved in fundraising for non-profits have stepped forward to offer assistance.

We have been told that we won't see the same delays in getting a land lease but as I am getting no response from the depts involved regarding the lease I don't know how true that will be.

I'll keep in touch - let me know how the CB retreat at IHQ goes March 15th.

Roses,
Dori

AOII*Azra-elle
02-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Congrats on your 16 new ladies! :)

We only got 7 this semester--but it was informal recruitment--and they are awesome ladies!