PDA

View Full Version : Dino Conner of H-Town Dies

CrimsonTide4
02-01-2003, 06:25 PM
http://www.bet.com/images/bigbarker/htown_bb.jpg

Posted Jan. 31, 2003--

Dino Conner, a member of the '90s R&B group H- Town, was killed in a car accident earlier this week.

According to BET's sources, the singer and his girlfriend, whose name has not yet been released, were leaving a recording studio at approximately 2:30 AM Tuesday morning in Houston when the accident occurred, sending his car crashing into a Houston-area into a river. Apparently, the bodies were disfigured so badly that medics were unable to identify them until today (Jan. 31).

The singer's studio is located on W. Park Street in Houston. No
further information was available at press time.

After 2 Live Crew founder Luther Campbell discovered them, H-Town became one of the biggest R&B groups to emerge in the early '90s.
Their single "Knockin' Da Boots" was the group's biggest hit.

GI, Shazzam and Dino:(

Ideal08
02-01-2003, 07:37 PM
There are an awful lot of celebs dying. :(

korkscru
02-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
http://www.bet.com/images/bigbarker/htown_bb.jpg

Posted Jan. 31, 2003--

Dino Conner, a member of the '90s R&B group H- Town, was killed in a car accident earlier this week.

According to BET's sources, the singer and his girlfriend, whose name has not yet been released, were leaving a recording studio at approximately 2:30 AM Tuesday morning in Houston when the accident occurred, sending his car crashing into a Houston-area into a river. Apparently, the bodies were disfigured so badly that medics were unable to identify them until today (Jan. 31).

The singer's studio is located on W. Park Street in Houston. No
further information was available at press time.

After 2 Live Crew founder Luther Campbell discovered them, H-Town became one of the biggest R&B groups to emerge in the early '90s.
Their single "Knockin' Da Boots" was the group's biggest hit.

GI, Shazzam and Dino:(

This is truly sad. Gosh, both he AND his girlfriend were killed? I wonder what happened. At any rate, I just wanted to know which one is Dino Conner and how old was he? I'm familiar with the group in general, however I don't know who is who.

Afrochic
02-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by korkscru
At any rate, I just wanted to know which one is Dino Conner and how old was he? I'm familiar with the group in general, however I don't know who is who.

I don't know who is who as well, even though I'm familiar with the group. Don't quote me on this, but I read on the bet message board that Dino was the lead twin singer and he's the one in the middle.

RedefinedDiva
02-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by korkscru
This is truly sad. Gosh, both he AND his girlfriend were killed? I wonder what happened. At any rate, I just wanted to know which one is Dino Conner and how old was he? I'm familiar with the group in general, however I don't know who is who.

Dino is the one in the middle. H-Town was a hit when they were on the scene. Man, what is going on in the world? People are droppin' like flies....

CrimsonTide4
02-01-2003, 10:15 PM
da cute one. :( :( :(

RIP

MeezDiscreet
02-02-2003, 09:40 PM
my line sister is co-host on one of the morning shows here in houston and reported it on the radio. it's quite sad that they were dead for 2 days and the family didn't even know it. and hit-n-runs are the worst! :(

shazaam was on the radio and he was so upset and crying that it gives me chills

DELTABRAT
02-03-2003, 07:33 PM
WE REMEMBER: Dino from H-Town

*Keven A. "Dino" Conner of the Houston, Texas based

R&B group H-Town, died Tuesday in an automobile accident.

He was 28.

Houston police report that a sports utility vehicle struck

a car driven by Teshya Rae Weisent, 22, in which Conner

was a passenger.

Conner's twin brother and bandmate, Shazam Conner,

said Weisent had just picked Dino Conner up from his recording

studio. The SUV allegedly ran a red light and struck the vehicle,

throwing Conner and Weisent from the car said a report in

the Houston Chronicle.

Conner died en route to the hospital; Weisent was

dead at the scene.

H-Town, signed to Luther Campbell's Luke Records, came

into prominence in the early 90s with the smash hit "Knockin'

Da Boots."

At EUR press time, funeral arrangements for Conner, who

is survived by a daughter, were pending. However, a candlelight

vigil is being arranged for tonight in Houston.

Gina1201
02-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Three people were in the SUV and all fled after the accident. One man, Juan Diaz, was apprehended, however, and faces felonious charges of failure to stop and rendor aid.

Courtesy of mtv.com

jahdunke12
08-27-2008, 10:21 AM
did u get it in may??? just curious!!!:rolleyes:

RedefinedDiva
08-27-2008, 10:28 AM
did u get it in may??? just curious!!!:rolleyes:

:confused:

muzikluvhr84
09-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Has anyone heard the remake of 'Knockin the Boots' by Pretty Ricky? I kinda like it...i thought i was gonna be a 2008 "pretty ricky version", but I was wrong...what do u think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va1FH3OZclk

OneTimeSBX
09-03-2008, 04:39 PM
um, before i say something inappropriate about someones child, are those boys legal yet? lol! those abs!!!! whew!

it wasnt too bad. the original is a classic but they did pretty good with it. as much as i hate to admit it i like some of Pretty Ricky's songs. not all, because they are not safe to listen to around mixed company lol, but the beats are always nice...

muzikluvhr84
09-03-2008, 04:45 PM
um, before i say something inappropriate about someones child, are those boys legal yet? lol! those abs!!!! whew!

it wasnt too bad. the original is a classic but they did pretty good with it. as much as i hate to admit it i like some of Pretty Ricky's songs. not all, because they are not safe to listen to around mixed company lol, but the beats are always nice...

lol!! I think they are legal.

The original is a classic!!! But I was expecting s/t totally different with this song and they surprised me!!!