PDA

View Full Version : Yo Nupes Who do you Think is Finner

playyboy
01-27-2003, 08:28 AM
Who do you think is finner the lovely AKA's, or the Diva Delta's:confused:

atlnupe1911
01-27-2003, 03:35 PM
The ladies of AKA I would say are eye-catching, but the lovely ladies of DST are more stunning and unquestionably finer.

Kool Black
01-28-2003, 04:41 AM
Yo Nupe,
It would be hard for me to choose between the two. Both organizations have ladies who are fine as hell. My motto is "Pretty Boys love Pretty Girls" and I also love that "Krimson and Kream Konnection"!!!!!!!:confused:

atlnupe1911
01-28-2003, 10:37 AM
At times Nupe , I do feel it is hard to make an assessment

bluethunder
02-16-2003, 01:05 PM
when we focus on stereotypes-- "those pretty girls of XYZ" or the "devestating ladies of ABC" we by default have not only bought into a stereotype, but have helped to propel it into further existence; as members of the divine 9, we should be all about tearing down ANY stereotypes or ANY assumption that tears down another sister or brother OR that prevents people from seeing what we ARE REALLY ABOUT. now...
i'm not a hater nor is it my attempt to throw salt in anyone's game, but to ask who is the finest sorority(or fraternity, for that matter) is sophomoric and short-sided simply because we should all be intelligent enough to know that EVERY organization has people who are attractive to a greater or lesser degree-- Zeta Phi Beta and my Sigma Gamma Rho have LOTS of pretty ladies and if you don't believe me, look at the lambda rho(SGRho) webpage. much to the same accord, being a member of another sorority doesn't make you fine.
all of our orgs. are HETEROGENOUS--meaing that we are different types of types, or at least we should be. if we would stop asking questions like who is the finest or the prettiest and instead asked the much more profound questions like who does community service, who has the most heart, who is the most dedicated, who is the most GENUINE, who has the most character, who is a LADY in word and deed, who knows how to treat their brother or sister, and who truly EXEMPLIFIES the vision of the founders-- if we started asking questions like that-- we will have found the FINEST BEAUTY that NEVER FADES.
take a deeper look. and a second glance.
and for the record, being fine has nothing to with letters, but EVERYTHING to do with genetics. let's stop tripping.

CrimsonTide4
02-16-2003, 04:35 PM
I knew that when this thread was started a stink would be raised and I knew that the stink would come from either ZPB or SGR.

If I may. . .this thread was started by someone who is NOT a Kappa. He is, for all intents and purposes, an INTEREST in KAPPA.

If we would look a little deeper, we will find that this question of WHO IS FINER is asked eVERYDAY! It is asked EVERYDAY by tons of folks, in and out of the Greek world. Who is finer: J Lo or JAnet? J Lo or Halle Berry? Halle Berry or Nia Long? and so on and so on and so on.

Beauty is only skin deep. It is in the eye of the beholder. As for the 2 Kappa men who answered, thier experiences have been varied. Had this INTEREST asked them who was finer of all the 4 BGLO women, their answers might have been different.

All of our orgs have
*pretty women
*devastating women
*skinny women
*smart women
*fat women
*dumb women
*ghetto women
*classy women
*community involved women
*spiritual women
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC . . . don't let outsiders' opinions of YOUR organization or their lack of an opinion deter you from being you.

I really saw no need to reply to what the comments said. And yes had it been who is FINER: SGR or AKA -- I still would have felt no need to reply.

NinjaPoodle
02-16-2003, 07:05 PM
I agree with my soRHOr BlueThunder AND

Originally posted by CrimsonTide4

All of our orgs have
*pretty women
*devastating women
*skinny women
*smart women
*fat women
*dumb women
*ghetto women
*classy women
*community involved women
*spiritual women
ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC . . . don't let outsiders' opinions of YOUR organization or their lack of an opinion deter you from being you.

Thank you sistersoror!:)

bluethunder
02-16-2003, 07:32 PM
soror NINJAPOODLE-- thanks for backing a sister up--
and to all else--
I SAID WHAT I SAID AND IT IS with NO apology.

NUPE4LIFE
02-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Okay I wasn't gonna even respond to this thread, cause I thought that seriously it was juvenile. However, I feel compelled to respond now. Bluethunder, the question that was stated was who was the finest AKA or DST. I think your response was inappropriate. No one mentioned anything about Zetas or SGRhos being ugly or anything of that nature. You took the question way out of context. You inferred something different from the question. You ASSumed that playboy inferred that Zetas and SGRhos are not fine. So next time, don't read too much into the question. I have much respect for you sista, but don't read too much into things. And for the record, I luv those Delta Divas! And one last thing, bruhs and interest...Who's finer Zetas or SGRhos?

sigmadiva
02-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by NUPE4LIFE
Okay I wasn't gonna even respond to this thread, cause I thought that seriously it was juvenile.

Yes, so true. When I first joined GC and saw questions like this, it would rub me the wrong way. But, I realized that some people on this board LOVE to start drama and see people fight it out, especially people who are NOT greek. I should know, I've fallen victim to them. Don't get mad over someone else's opinion . So what if they only ask about AKA and DST? If I were in, say, Sigma Lambda Gamma or Kappa Delta, should I get mad too? No.

My rule of thumb has become to participate in posts by people who defenitely seem greek. A good clue is to read their signature, because if you earned letters then you are going to show it. Also, an extension of this is to see how others in the forum respond to them. If they say 'to my soror this, or bruh that', then they are probably true greeks.

Bottom line - AVOID HATERS!!!! DON'T QUALIFY THEIR STUPID QUESTIONS WITH A RESPONSE!!

Eclipse
02-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by playyboy
Who do you think is finner the lovely AKA's, or the Diva Delta's:confused:

Why worry about it folks. I don't understand the question anyway. What is finner? One who has more fins? That's kinda gross to me! LOL ;)

CT4, you disappointed me. I can't believe you let that one get by! LOL :D :p

**edited to correct spelling. Serves me right for trying to crack on someone else. Guess I'd better go to bed! LOL

CrimsonTide4
02-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Eclipse

CT4, you disapointed me. I can't believe you let that one get by! LOL :D :p

LMAO, chile there were far too many errors in old boy's posts for me to critique but I did critique his posts in DST forum: the 2 Ls in equal, the spelling of playboy, etc. etc. Hell he could not even spell WAYNE STATE, his place of education.:confused: :eek: :o

Timber
02-17-2003, 11:38 PM
kan u all plese forgibe me! I beg!!!!! I met no harm, sawry. :(

playyboy wannabe :)

cinamin1
02-18-2003, 02:34 PM
I know this thread wasn't started by the same kid that started a thread in PBS "Yo answer me this...Why PBS always hatin on Kappas in..."

Trying to start a beef?? Not even a Nupe??? What is wrong with this cat???:eek:

Does he think he's scoring cool points or something?

ClassyLady
02-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Why worry about it folks. I don't understand the question anyway. What is finner? One who has more fins? That's kinda gross to me! LOL ;)

This really had me laughing out loud!

DELTAQTE
02-24-2003, 05:27 AM
No offense to the SgRho's, but I have seen comments made in your neck of the woods that were purposely made towards my diva sorors and when we tried to respond. You jumped down our throats. But you felt the need to respond to this thread. I co sign on in no way was he saying Zetas or Sgrho's were ugly. so why take this thread to another level?

Shoot I've seen a few "who would you rather date" threads in the aka and dst forums and not one of the frats got on there saying "now wait a minute".

QTE

librasoul22
02-24-2003, 05:43 PM

I am with ClassyLady, this had me falling off the chair!

Blue_Radiance3
03-17-2003, 12:08 AM
This thread is too funny! I promise its little things like this that keep me going (in my spare computer time). I guess that makes me a loser huh....lol

http://members.blackplanet.com/tiaraskinner/

sigmadiva
03-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Blue_Radiance3
This thread is too funny! I promise its little things like this that keep me going (in my spare computer time). I guess that makes me a loser huh....lol

http://members.blackplanet.com/tiaraskinner/

Liked the link. In my personal experience, #3 is very true.

1savvydiva
03-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by sigmadiva
Liked the link. In my personal experience, #3 is very true.

OKAY...now I was going to hold my comments about this thread to myself because I am not greek...BUT, screw it. (It's like my girl said in Sex in the City, "It's like there's a big pink elephant in the room, and NOBODY wants to talk about it")

I visited the BP webpage link as well, and I just had a couple questions. Do you not think that numbers 5,6,7,8 AND 9 are all PRIMARY examples of the very activity you admonish in number 3?
You say that people "use negativity to make yourself look good", yet in number 9, you say "Mad cuz we know all our soRHOrs and you just Ooooop to every girl you see". Okay maybe I am just reading too much into it but is that not trying to make your sorority look good by insulting another? Or does number 3 just apply to the 'other' sororities? I'm just saying let's not be hypocritical here, you want to take the high road, but you are doing the exact thing that you claim to so dislike in the other sororites.

All of the Fabulous Four sororities have endearing qualities, any intelligent person (of course I am not including Playyboy), would know that. Of course EVERY member of each of these sororities thinks that their sorority is the best, and it is the best...for them...why else would you join?

...and why are you guys letting this fool get all of your panties in a wad anyway? He evidently is not only NOT a Kappa, and will probably never be one if he incites as much drama on his campus as he tries to do on these boards. All of the red lettering, the use of 'k's the unintelligible banter about who is finner, to the sigmas "yooo why all yal do is f*ck with Nupes, what ya'll think about hazing and joing through paper, etc., etc. this fool is laughable at BEST!:rolleyes:

CrimsonTide4
03-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by 1savvydiva
OKAY...now I was going to hold my comments about this thread to myself because I am not greek...BUT, screw it. (It's like my girl said in Sex in the City, "It's like there's a big pink elephant in the room, and NOBODY wants to talk about it")

I visited the BP webpage link as well, and I just had a couple questions. Do you not think that numbers 5,6,7,8 AND 9 are all PRIMARY examples of the very activity you admonish in number 3?
You say that people "use negativity to make yourself look good", yet in number 9, you say "Mad cuz we know all our soRHOrs and you just Ooooop to every girl you see". Okay maybe I am just reading too much into it but is that not trying to make your sorority look good by insulting another? Or does number 3 just apply to the 'other' sororities? I'm just saying let's not be hypocritical here, you want to take the high road, but you are doing the exact thing that you claim to so dislike in the other sororites.

All of the Fabulous Four sororities have endearing qualities, any intelligent person (of course I am not including Playyboy), would know that. Of course EVERY member of each of these sororities thinks that their sorority is the best, and it is the best...for them...why else would you join?

...and why are you guys letting this fool get all of your panties in a wad anyway? He evidently is not only NOT a Kappa, and will probably never be one if he incites as much drama on his campus as he tries to do on these boards. All of the red lettering, the use of 'k's the unintelligible banter about who is finner, to the sigmas "yooo why all yal do is f*ck with Nupes, what ya'll think about hazing and joing through paper, etc., etc. this fool is laughable at BEST!:rolleyes:

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/luxhello.gifhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/luxhello.gif

1SavvyDiva, you said a mouthful. You really did. You are to be commended.

sigmadiva
03-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 1savvydiva
Okay maybe I am just reading too much into it but is that not trying to make your sorority look good by insulting another? Or does number 3 just apply to the 'other' sororities? I'm just saying let's not be hypocritical here, you want to take the high road, but you are doing the exact thing that you claim to so dislike in the other sororites.

I said in my personal experience , I have found this to be true too. Maybe I don't relate to some other groups well, not all, just some, because of situations I have had in the past.

NUPE4LIFE
03-18-2003, 01:50 PM
OKAY, OKAY THIS THREAD IS SHUT DOWN! THIS IS THE HOUSE THAT DIGGS BUILT. NO MORE STUPID AZZ REPLIES PLEASE. 1SAVVYDIVA AND CRIMSONTIDE, YOU ALL RIGHT WITH ME!

1savvydiva
03-19-2003, 05:05 AM
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/luxhello.gifhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/luxhello.gif

You know CT4...as much as I have been working out lately, all I think of when I see those smilies are jumping jacks! LOL!

Oh, and thanks ;)

AKA2D '91
03-19-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by NUPE4LIFE
OKAY, OKAY THIS THREAD IS SHUT DOWN! THIS IS THE HOUSE THAT DIGGS BUILT. NO MORE STUPID AZZ REPLIES PLEASE. 1SAVVYDIVA AND CRIMSONTIDE, YOU ALL RIGHT WITH ME!

uhhhhhhhh, Mr. Man. You need to get your Mod privileges BACK! :p

If not YOU, then a member of your fraternity out there in cyberland.

Blue_Radiance3
03-19-2003, 10:47 PM
You are absolutely right! To be honest with you I posted that on my page because I thought it was rather funny. You being non greek and looking from the outside in, I can understand your concern. Please do understand this...We as members of Pan-Hellenic Council, chant and write poems to diss each other out of pure fun (not to be taken seriously). It’s to keep each other on our toes. Those that do take it personal (I personally believe) was a nobody before the letters and using the sorority/frat to gain their identity. Of course we all think our illustrious organizations are the best known to man but we also have a respect for each other and our purposes to the community and so forth. So I ask don’t read so deeply into it. If you were offended, I as a Sigma Woman apologize.

If you have any comments email me personally.

DELTAQTE
03-25-2003, 10:03 AM
I went to the page and I didn't see any numbers. Did she erase it?

QTE

DELTAQTE
03-25-2003, 10:04 AM

SavvyDiva you go girl!

QTE

Blue_Radiance3
03-26-2003, 05:39 PM
yes DELTAQTE i did delete it. It seems that your PROSPECT was offended.
Any comments email me personally.

DELTAQTE
03-26-2003, 06:01 PM

You know what? Someone needs to just lock this thread, cause the comments in here prove that some folks just can't take it when other people are given compliments, real talk!

The Kappas could make an entire "SgRho is fine" thread and I wouldn't give two hot damns, for real

lock this please:rolleyes:

Savvy I'm sorry you are getting snide remarks for your opinion.

QTE

CrimsonTide4
03-26-2003, 06:05 PM

Who said she was a Delta PROSPECT? Bottom line, a lot of your statements were knocking DST and AKA yet question why we cannot get along. That is what irritated me. You get upset at how others view your org or DO NOT view your org, yet you continue to perpetuate the cycle of "my org deserves respect because. . . " but the way you all go about trying to get the respect is to TALK ABOUT the other orgs, namely DST and AKA.

Sorry N4L, I tried to not post anymore as you requested.

CrimsonTide4
03-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by DELTAQTE
You know what? Someone needs to just lock this thread, cause the comments in here prove that some folks just can't take it when other people are given compliments, real talk!

The Kappas could make an entire "SgRho is fine" thread and I wouldn't give two hot damns, for real

lock this please:rolleyes:

Savvy I'm sorry you are getting snide remarks for your opinion.

QTE

Soror we must have been replying at the same time. I agree with you about a SGRHO is Fine thread.

NEVER ALLOW the opinions of others to determine who you are.

Blue_Radiance3
03-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Re: Out of the mouth of an INTEREST was in her reply so thats why i called her a prospective of DST. READ BEFORE YOU POST. I did not knock aka or dst in my previous post. Like i said if you dont want the thread to repeat send me a personal email.

CrimsonTide4
03-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Re: Out of the mouth of an INTEREST was in her reply so thats why i called her a prospective of DST. READ BEFORE YOU POST. I did not knock aka or dst in my previous post. Like i said if you dont want the thread to repeat send me a personal email.

You ASSumed that she is an INTEREST in DST so you NEED to read before you post. I said she was an interest but did not claim her as a DST interest.

I was the one who called her an interest. Your points have no merit or validity.

I was referring to your list on your BP page that you deleted it in terms of knocking DST and AKA.

Blue_Radiance3
03-27-2003, 06:58 PM
I should have just left it and said forget all yall! Out of respect of ones feelings and someone toes being crushed I erased it. (no one recognizes the good do they) Hell it was a check chant. You went to an SGRho page what the hell do you expect? A salute? I erased it because obviously people cant take the chant.

Please email me so when can stop the cycle!

DELTAQTE
03-28-2003, 04:11 AM
I should have just left it and said forget all yall! Out of respect of ones feelings and someone toes being crushed I erased it. (no one recognizes the good do they) Hell it was a check chant. You went to an SGRho page what the hell do you expect? A salute? I erased it because obviously people cant take the chant.

Please email me so when can stop the cycle!

Well for all of us "non-hurt" folks, put it back up. Who cares? It's your chant.

Hope that you're doing well, haven't seen you since soc.

QTE

1savvydiva
03-28-2003, 04:35 AM
Just a comment...and then it's over (from my view).

I way in no way offended, disrespected, or felt like my 'toes were stepped on'. I was as an outsider, calling things how I saw it. One doesn't have to be an INTEREST in a particular organization to see that that org is being slighted. The reason I singled out the DST comment on your board is because it was the most blatant example. I thank you for your open-mindedness to see what I was saying, which prompted you to adjust your page, but please don't do it on my behalf if that's how you really and truly feel.

For the record: I am not a Delta Sigma Theta prospect/interest, although I have the HIGHEST respect for their organization. AS I do for Alpha Kappa Alpha, Zeta Phi Beta, and Sigma Gamma Rho. All are founded for the uplift of OUR people!!

Have a good day!

Deltaquarius
03-28-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by DELTAQTE

Hope that you're doing well, haven't seen you since soc.

QTE

(((Bowing head in a moment of silence for SOC...))) *sigh*

Wonder Woman