PDA

View Full Version : Calling all VP communications!

DG515
01-05-2003, 01:07 AM
Hey everyone----
We had our last transition tonight and I'm the official new VP Communications. But, throughout this entire transition time, I've come to the conclusion that the office as it stands now is kind of stale. Follow the EO deadlines and motions (anchora report, chapter and cmt minutes, etc) but I've never been one to settle for the stale status quo. Any new and inventive ideas or things that's worked well in the past for you, please help out a sister :-D For example, any ideas to encourage attendence, or to call attendence in a fun way, ideas on chapter scrapbook (to keep it from being a dull book of boring pictures), or such else, please let me know :-) If you want to just reply to this thread, that'd be great or you can email me/im me at mandie515 (@aol.com)
Thanks for your help!
ITB,
Mandie

CarolinaDG
01-05-2003, 06:13 PM
One of the things that we do is "DG mail." You can send letters to any of the sisters (this is especially convenient for girls who don't live on the hall) to just tell them hey or that you're thinking of them. It's kinda cool to get a little note.

We used to do attendance prizes, but that was over a year ago so I don't remember too much about it. The VP: Communications would stand at the door and hand you a number, and if she drew your number you win a prize. It was never anything really big, though. There might have been a reason we stopped doing it, though, so I'll check on that for you.

DGTracy
01-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Our VP: Communications last year would ask everyone to bring a dollar or two to meeting and she would draw someone's name and they would win the money.

sbhill2
01-15-2003, 10:40 PM
OUr chapter usually does fun stuff for attendance at chapter meetings. Examples are best part of the holidays (limit to like 6 words or so), favorite food, fun stuff like that and every week it differs for us. We've done favorite cereal, favorite game, etc etc with favorites. IT makes it a litlte more interesting and you get to learn a little more about some of your sisters.