PDA

View Full Version : KKG Member selling pin on ebay?????

Maharet
12-08-2002, 10:00 AM
Hello KKG sisters....

Saw that a Kappa sister is selling her pin on ebay???I am an Alpha Phi and know this is not right. The item number is: 744578489

What can you do? The man who has the high bid has so many keys (and other GLO pins) I am so hoping you can do something to end this auction.

Fraternally Yours,

A sister in Alpha Phi

kappaloo
12-08-2002, 10:34 PM
I often wonder why someone would sell their badge... but I understand the fact that on eBay badges go for much much higher then they would probably anywhere else. But still...

Wait - is that white gold or a bad picture?

sherbertlemons
12-09-2002, 04:29 PM
It looks like yellow gold to me. I think it's just a bad picture. Besides, you'd think someone seriously interested in making a fake key would have the sense to do enough research to figure out white gold is no good. I don't think Kappa HQ has ever allowed anything other than gold gold for them, have they?

I wonder why people would sell their badges, too. It seems so sad to do that.

texas*princess
04-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Hello ladies!

Sorry for crashing your boards, but I wanted to let you all know of a Kappa key on ebay.

The URL is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2628261454&category=11011

I thought it was really interesting that the seller had this in the auction description:

Out of respect for the integrity of the Greek system in general and Kappa Kappa Gamma in particular, bidding on this item is limited to members of Kappa Kappa Gamma.

So perhaps they are a member of a GLO?

Greek love,
texas*princess

OUKate
04-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Sounds to me like there needs to be more sellers like this!

This was posted 4/11/03 on the auction site:

Originally I had planned simply that the honor system would ensure that only Kappas would place bids on this item, but apparently there are people who are not from Kappa Kappa Gamma who are willing to bid on this item, something I had not planned on.
The South is perhaps a little more tradition bound than the rest of the country, and the Greek system is an important part of the social life in college around here, and I know the importance in maintaining its integrity. You'd think I would also have figured out that people outside the system will buy these items. :)

After careful consideration, I have stopped this auction altogether and will give the pin to the current National Ritual Chairman, who will recycle it properly.

Thanks for your understanding.

--Jay A. Mednikow

Kristin UTD*AGD
04-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Just an FYI...

There is a Gamma Phi now selling her pin on eBay. I can't believe how blatant they are at admitting that they are selling their own pin. I can't imagine...