PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Ideas!!!

Honeybee
11-05-2000, 04:54 PM
Hey everyone,
I can use a little help. I just joined a new sorority, and all of my sisters are trying to get the pledges involved right away. They elected me to be in charge of fundraising, but I'm having some problems. I never had to raise money before so I have no idea where to start. Our president is kind of strict on the things that we are allowed to do so I'm trying to think of some good ideas, but it is so hard to do. The only thing I came up with was a car wash, but it is so cold outside now so I don't think it's going to work. I need some ideas. Has anything worked out well for your chapter in the past? I would be soooooo appreciative if anyone can give me some ideas. Thanks!

pondering
11-05-2000, 05:50 PM
have a: bake sale
party
talent show case
auction
yard sale of things your sorority doesn't want anymore

Artimis
11-06-2000, 08:31 AM
While I'm not sure the details, our chapter in the past has painted the house numbers on the curb.

BonnieRose
12-14-2000, 03:29 AM
Check out www.FundraisingSource.com! (http://www.FundraisingSource.com) Its a great resource of fundraising ideas, and it's FREE!

------------------
Bonnie Rose
bbmgchurch@aol.com

[This message has been edited by BonnieRose (edited December 17, 2000).]

Tom Earp
01-15-2001, 04:16 PM
The Lambda Chi Alpha house got together with a Soroity and did a tub-a-thon to raise money, did it on the lawn of the house, some chapters do a watermelon fest with games and such with the Soroitys. One year we did a trash pick up from Pittsburg Ks, to Kansas City, @ 125 miles on a highway. Any thing to get pledges from people is good. LXA does a Food Drive each year and is amazing how many tons of food are collected. This is our yearly project but it does not hurt to do some thing for the promo of the house. Rember the papers always put the bad in because that is press but the good takes more work to get less publicity but does a lot of good for those we are trying to help!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)