PDA

View Full Version : Music committee?

Euterpe813
11-29-2002, 04:41 AM
I'm the music chair of our TBS chapter at BG, and I was wondering if any of your chapters had a music chair or if you knew of any that did. We use the Loyalty Song and National Hymn, and we have a candle passing song, plus one of our Psi brothers wrote a beautiful Joint Hymn for our two chapters. Our MCs have to know them and the actives use these songs, and I've also been working on other random things, such as putting all this music on a CD, rehearsing a brass quintet arrangement of the Loyalty Song for our third degree, and I'm planning on getting a few girls together to carol for the holidays and such. Do any of your chapters do this work without a music chair?

shortcake2675
11-30-2002, 01:33 AM
The Delta Xi Chapter at UM-Rolla has taken on music projects like that, but we don't have a music chair.

Our chapter song was written by two members. Our ritual chair rehearses the songs with the help of the chapter piano player during meetings leading up to 1st 2nd and 3rd.

We're a fairly small chapter (currently 13 actives, 12 prospective members) and consequently we're stretched fairly thin on committees as it is.

Adrienne Meng
Delta Xi

MWD VP-Membership

shortcake2675
11-30-2002, 01:34 AM
I'm a dork. Caroling is organized by the corresponding secretary. We carol around Rolla, at our sponsor and honoraries homes.

Adrienne Meng

ladybug1116
12-01-2002, 02:55 AM
My chapter had a music chair, but she was called song leader (there were usually 2). They held song rehearsals for Rush, helped the candidates learn their songs, held 10 minute song rehearsals in every meeting (since we are a music sorority it's important to sound good), and they were responsible for organizing a sister's recital (open to the public as an official School of Music event) every semester.

AngelPhiSig
12-02-2002, 06:49 AM
What kind of candle passing do you do? I know we have sevral in my social... but Ive never heard of TBS doing them, and I know we would like to!