PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

SigTauJake
03-22-2001, 01:32 PM
My chapter is trying to come up with an annual event that we can sponsor on our campus. Sigma Chi's Derby Days, and Delta Gamma's Anchor Splash are the type of activity we are looking for. If anyone has any ideas on what we can do, without having similarities to these two events, please let me know. We were kicking around the idea of Battle of the Sweethearts. This would be a week long competition between the sweethearts of the fraternities and sororties. Girls vs. Girls, and Guys vs. Guys of course. We wanted to have a Spirit Competition, Fraternity/Sorority Knowledge Competition, Fundraising Competition, and so on. Let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas.

Buck-Chi-O
04-16-2001, 12:44 AM
Battle of the Sweethearts sounds fun, but could you get many people other than the sweethearts to participate? Chi-O at OSU does a huge philanthropy called Oozeball. It is a mud volleyball tournament held in May, and we pair with a fraternity in the planning. We get tons of teams -- from fraternities, sororities, and non-Greeks like dorm teams or apartments complexes. It has actually built a huge reputation in the past fifteen years. You'd be surprised how many people get excited about playing in the mud. Other than a few die-hard v-ball players, most teams come for the mud! SOmeone else is starting mud tug this year, and I'm looking forward to that. Other successful ones at our school are an Ultimate Frisbee tournament, PhiPsi500 (an obstalce course), and a hockey tournament. Good luck!

sweettgabrown
04-18-2001, 10:03 PM
Sounds Like Fun!

SigTauJake
04-23-2001, 08:08 PM
Well Battle of the Sweethearts is in the planning stages. We are matched up with Delta Zeta for the event. We also found a way to incorporate all the actives of each house. We are having competitions for them to participate in, and the points they win are counting towards thier sweetheart. Everything is going great so far, and we are hoping that this event become a Sig Tau & Delta Zeta tradition here at IUP.