PDA

View Full Version : Executive Director situation

Iris
11-26-2002, 09:37 PM
To all my fellow DPhiEs out there:

Ellen Alper, the Executive Director of DPhiE, and her family need your prayers and good wishes!

Ellen's youngest daughter--Andi, age 12--has been in the hospital for over a week (and projected to be there for a few more with a long recovery afterward at home) suffering from an auto-immune condition called Stevens Johnson syndrome. In short, she has blisters on the inside and on over 60% of the outside of her body as--most likely--a reaction to a prescription medication.

Ellen has taken a leave of absence from the sorority until the beginning of 2003. She has hardly spent any time at home since this has happened, as she is by Andi's side most of the time. When Andi makes it through the critical time, there will be lots of time at home to recuperate.

Please keep Ellen, Andi and their family (Steve, Emily, Melissa) in your prayers. Cards can be sent to their home at 100 Saylesville Drive, Chesterfield, MO 63017, or to DPhiE HQs at 16 A Worthington Drive, Maryland Heights, MO, 63043.

Be thankful for all of your blessings, especially at this time of year!

Iris

Peaches-n-Cream
11-26-2002, 11:55 PM
Oh, how awful. I hope that Andi has a speedy recovery and wish the Alper family the best.

Iris
12-20-2002, 12:09 AM
I just thought I'd share an update on Andi, Ellen's daughter...

Andi is recovering well. She's at home now and taking things a day at a time. She's back to school, but only on a part-time basis for now. She's going some days to AM classes and on other days to PM classes until she's stronger.

Ellen and family are all appreciative for everyone's thoughts and well-wishes!!!

It's great to have good news at this time of year!

Iris

Iris
01-26-2003, 09:48 PM
Just thought I'd share the latest:

Ellen says that Andi is back to school on a regular basis and is doing well!