PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about changing majors

bucutie02
08-06-2001, 10:23 PM
Like the subject line said, i might want to change majors. I was premed my freshman year and that didnt work. When i transferred schools, i decided to switch to business. Well it was never filed as business, i was just undeclared all last year. Now, however, i have 60 hours and i need to declare a major. I am starting to think that business might not be for me because i didnt like accounting at all and i am not sure if i would like MIS- i took an introductory course this past semester but i heard its nothing like MIS. So, anyway i started thinking about economics. I have already taken macro and micro economics and got a B in both of those. I thought both of those classes were very interesting and it might be for me. What kinds of jobs can you get having a degree in economics? I am very stressed out considering that i have until tuesday to decide what to do since i have to file it no later than the 15th of this month!! please help!

GmuTeke
08-07-2001, 11:25 AM
Are you declaring because the university requires you to declare a major or because you need to be declared to take upper level classes?

If the university is the one with the bug about ppl getting majors, declare business, keep taking classes that interest you, and stay on the lookout for those econ or MIS courses (hope you like computer code if you like mis, all the majors here must take a couple semesters of CS courses). if those other courses interest you more, change majors again.

------------------
------------------
The Fraternity of Presidents and Kings: TKE

bucutie02
08-08-2001, 10:30 PM
IowaHawkeye, could you please move this topic to the chitchat forum. I talked it over with ZetaAce, and she is okay with it. I just think it will get more responses there. thanks! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif