PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up with brothers/sisters.....

PandaOnProzac
11-22-2002, 02:09 PM
Just out of curiosity what are your thoughts about hooking up within the brother and sister hoods?

Personally I feel there are many attractive and fine sisters but as much as TBS is filled with young women of outstanding character I'm kinda opposed to it. I feel TBS and KKPsi shouldn't be seen as a dating service of some sort.

shortcake2675
11-22-2002, 02:52 PM
While I don't think TBSigma and KKPsi should be seen as dating services, I don't think you should be against two people who happen to be in the chapters hooking up.

In my own chapter and other throughout the Midwest District, both Kappa and Tau Beta members are dating, engaged or even married. Members of TBS and KKY are there because of similar interests. I looked for someone of similar interests when I started dating my current boyfriend. I just happened to find him in band, and in Tau Beta Sigma.

As long as it doesn't interfere with chapter relations, I don't see a problem.

DramaQueenAX
11-22-2002, 06:11 PM
I know that in our chapters many couples have sprung up and most of them not only tend to last but many marriages have come out of the sister and brotherhood. I don't have a problem with it as long as everyone can stay professional and if the couple should break up, it doesn't cause the chapters as a whole any pain. Currently in our chapters there are five couples and it's not an issue. I agree with shortcake and look for someone with similar interests and if they happen to be in kky or tbs then even better!!

AngelPhiSig
11-22-2002, 11:56 PM
Both of our chapters are co-ed, in TBS we like to say "You can love your sister, but you cant LOVE your sister" we only have one guy. On the other hand, the brothers only date the brothers. eh.. which sucks for those of us who seem to like them... namely me.

bigboyEY
11-25-2002, 09:35 AM
Just thought I'd comment on this one. No the organizations
should not be seen as dating services. However, we usually
become attracted to and see the better qualities of people
we spend a lot of time with. Hence the reasons why so many
frat/soror's hook up. As stated before sometimes it works
sometimes it doesn't. I see no problem with dating inside the
organizations as long as that is not one's reason for being
affilitated.

Christie