PDA

View Full Version : Sapphire revealing

binks
10-12-2002, 05:35 PM
My chapter needs help!!

We need a new idea for sapphire revealing. We do not have a house so it makes it a little harder. We did a ceremony my year, but the class didn't like it too much( it wasn't fun or exciting for us) The next year we did a game -- not fun neither. We do not want to do a clue hunt cause we have a sisterhood hunt coming up. the string will be hard without a house adn we all live in apts around the campus. Do any of you have ideas from you chapters, if you do not want to put it on the forum please PM me! Thanks
mary

phisigirlie
10-20-2002, 03:35 AM
i'm not sure what sapphire revealing is? clarify and maybe i could help!
LITP :)

binks
10-20-2002, 09:21 PM
Sapphire revealing is Big/Little Hunt or revealing. Our chapter tries to use Sapphire instead of Big/little.

LITP,
Binks

AngelPhiSig
10-21-2002, 06:31 AM
We use the ritual, and reveal during pinning. :)

(and for a while, I thought all chapters did that!)

PhiSigCoco
10-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Are we PROHIBITED to use Big/Little? I was reading our policy on Little Sisters/Little Brothers, but I am not sure that this is the same thing. Thanks!!

phisigduchesscv
10-22-2002, 12:15 AM
HI PhiSigCoco,
When we were colonizing we were told that we cannot use Big/Little ever. That it is demeaning to the new members and can be considered a very subtle form of hazing. The term Sapphire Sister is used so that there isn't a verbal difference between a new member and an active sister (just like we don't use pledge anymore). Anyway, it was definitely drummed into our heads as founding sisters not to use big/little that they are Sapphire Sisters.
Carolyn

phisig4eva
10-22-2002, 12:17 AM
she means big/little as in synonymous with mom/daughter... the sister who has developed a bond with the new member and becomes sort of her mentor as she finishes with new member period and throughout the rest of her time in phi sig.

binks - one idea is to use cars - have all the sisters cars parked all together in one parking lot. the new member gets a key (of course, not the key to her REAL big's car, that would be too easy). all the cars are covered in decorations, or at least make sure the windows are covered - and leave some of them unlocked, so the NM THINKS she found the right car. but then in the end, she finds the car which fits her key, and inside is her big/mom/sapphire... hope that helps! just an idea for the houseless.

phisig4eva
10-22-2002, 12:18 AM
haha, phisigduchess ya beat me to it. well said.

PhiSigCoco
10-22-2002, 01:12 AM
alright, big/little clarified...
please explain why our offical sportswear people are trying to sell big/little charms specifically to phi sigs?

SapphireSphinx9
10-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by phisig4eva
...one idea is to use cars - have all the sisters cars parked all together in one parking lot. the new member gets a key (of course, not the key to her REAL big's car, that would be too easy). all the cars are covered in decorations, or at least make sure the windows are covered - and leave some of them unlocked, so the NM THINKS she found the right car. but then in the end, she finds the car which fits her key, and inside is her big/mom/sapphire...

That has got to be one of the cutest ideas that I've ever heard of! :D

PSLAM, BETH