PDA

View Full Version : recruitment

Lindz928
10-07-2002, 11:37 PM
Hey ladies! I'm new to this site, so I'm not sure exactly how it works. Anyway, I am working on plans for my chapter's recruitment for fall of 2003 (I know it's early, but I'm trying to get plans together as soon as possible). I am looking for any new ADPi rush songs, dance ideas for skits (we have a great skit, but the dances need to be redone), and pref ceremonies (we have a big problem with this). If anyone knows anything that might help me, or if you could maybe get me in touch with your chapter's rush chair, or if you have some suggestions for me, please e-mail me at Lindz928@hotmail.com
Thanks alot!!

Lindsey

sweetie adpi
10-08-2002, 03:35 AM
try posting on pride online! i know i got alot of ideas on there :D how is your recruitment structured? how many days, and what are the days, etc? what skit do you use? what pref have you been using.... etc etc. which chapter do you belong to ? :) it's great to see ya on gc... keep posting!

Lindz928
10-08-2002, 11:29 AM
I'm from the zeta lambda chapter, at Texas A&M. We've posted stuff on pride online before and haven't gotten much of a response, so I thought I'd try this! We have a four day recruitment period. The first is 11 parties, and it's just an introduction day. The second is 7 parties, and it is philanthropy day, where we do a craft. The third is skit day, which is 4 parties. This year we did a skit called Total Recruitment Live and it went very well. But, this year we need to update the routines that are in it. The fourth day is preference, and there are 2 parties. This year's preference was one that the recruitment chairs put together from several other ceremonies, and it was better than it has been in the past, but it is still missing something. I know lots of places do recruitment very differently than we do, but I hope someone out there can help! :)

Lindsey

sweetie adpi
10-09-2002, 12:45 AM
cool! we do total request pi here at HB... AND we just got an awesome new pref ceremony from usc's chapter - i will pm you - but it will prob be tomorrow cause i'm studying for an exam here in the campus center and don't have my computer with my stuff on it.... what songs did you use for your skit?

Lindz928
10-09-2002, 03:32 PM
This year we used a cheerleading thing from Bring it On, and another cheerleading song that our girls put together, we also used Britney Spears, and Devil Went Downb to Georgia ftom Coyote Ugly. They were all really awesome routines, we just need to update them cause there all a few years old now. It would be great if you could send me the new pref that you got, I would really appreciate it. What routines do ya'll do for Total Rectuitmen Pi??

Lindsey :)

violets
10-10-2002, 01:53 PM
Lindz928,
First and foremorst, welcome to the ADPi board and welcome to Greek Chat!

Secondly, I think your recruitment sounds well planned and a lot of fun, it's fabulous that you are already thinking ahead to next year.
In terms of the TRL skit I know that it's an extremely popular skit for ADPi chapters across the country, but it is something that demands an update year to year.

Preference is always something that chapters should concentrate on, and work on constantly, so glad to hear that you are focusing on that aspect of recruitment.

On that note, I know I'm being very general so I'm going to PM you with some questions and ideas!
L&L,
violets