PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

DeltaNuGirl
10-02-2002, 09:19 PM
Hey everyone! I need some help and this seems like a good place to get that help. I recently founded a new sorority on my very small campus that did not offer a multicultural sorority before. However, my founding sisters and I are having a hard time coming up with activities for pledge/rush week. If anyone has any ideas what so ever, please help me out.

Thanks everyone!

DGWannabe
10-02-2002, 09:29 PM
1. Movie/popcorn night
2. bowling (Cosmic bowling!)
3. going to see any athletic team on your campus together-basketball,football, softball whatever! and make banners that suport the group.
4. KEREOKE(spelling?) minus the beer
5. ice skating/ roller skating (when was the last time you hkey pokey'd?)
6. icecream
7. have a salvation army party/social-everyone wears clothes from a second hand store and you eat chicken noodle soup and drink Kool-Aid and you play little kid birthday party games like twister or pin the tail on the whatever-goofy but so much fun.
8. Anything Philanthropic is good. Get together to make trick or treat candy bags for the childrens shelter-you know they don't get to participate. Or call a hospital and find out if you can go and read stories to the sick kids or something..
I'm sure there will be tons more advice.

RUSH parties specifically should be informative about your organization as well.
Another good recruitment thing to do is sponser a campus wide activity like have a self defence expert come in and give a talk/demonstration aout womens safety. Invite all the women on your campus not just rushees. it will get your name out and you'll doing a great thing for other people.

PLEDGE activities-in my sorority all the pledges got together and made paddles/pillows for their big sisters.

essenceofomega
10-02-2002, 10:37 PM
Hello DeltaNuGirl.

If you dont mind my asking what sorority did you create? Other good ideas is participating in Walks and opening it up to the campus, or starting one where u walk around the campus and people donate money to the respective charity. Some things that we are doing here is Mardi Gras theme party, pajama party with door prizes for best pj's, and a poetry coffee house. Hope this helps.

penguintpa_lady
10-05-2002, 04:34 PM
we just recently did a murder mystery (kind of like clue). it went really well & everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, i think this would be a really good rush event too. we paid for the game, all the info & everything for the different characters, but im sure u could also make up your own.