PDA

View Full Version : chapter consultants

little-redJetta
09-08-2002, 05:44 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever had a Chapter Consultant visit there chapter. We are being visited this week, and I was wondering what your experiences were.

dzandiloo
09-09-2002, 10:09 AM
A chapter consultant is an expert on all things Delta Zeta, and is coming to help your chapter improve and/or continue on the path to greatness! (I believe every chapter gets an annual or rush visit every other year...back when I traveled, we visited every chapter, every year, but that may not be possible anymore...).

Is your visit a rush visit or a regular annual visit? I was a consultant 10 years ago, and vividly remember the consultants who visited my own chapter. We had alot of fun with ours, and she gave us lots of great feedback and ideas for how to improve our programs and sisterhood. We learned new techniques and songs, programming ideas and felt like we had a better feel for our national organization. I was lucky enough to be around when we had a regular annual visit one year, and then a recruitment visit the next. We really benefitted from the consultants' knowledge of DZ programming & recruitment in general. The experience I had when my chapter was visited made me want to be a consultant myself--I thought all chapters treated their consultants as wonderfully as ours did.

Please treat your Chapter Consultant with respect, and although she is a national representative, remember, she wants to enjoy her visit so BE NICE!!! My own chapter always took our consultants to Six Flags or concerts, football games or the movies, etc. We wanted them to know what our school and Texas was like-not just our chapter. My favorite chapters when I traveled spent time with me and I got to know the women personally. I had a number of bad experiences as well--chapters that forgot to pick me up at the airport, showed up for our meetings unprepared (no officer notebooks, etc), blatantly ignored my suggestions, left me alone for entire weekends in strange cities, and tried to make me sleep on mattresses in basements. I try not to dwell on those, but they certainly left a bad taste in my mouth, and my evaluations of those chapters were probably influenced by these incidents. Remember, these women are giving National Council a detailed evaluation of their visit-not just their specific interviews with officers.

Bottom line, treat her the way you would expect to be treated by your own sisters....after all, she is one! In return, she will give you all the benefit of her experience & hopefully, you all will make a wonderful new friend in the bargain. Again, try to show her a fun time (within reason)...she is right out of college, so she hasn't forgotten what its like!

dzjen27
09-09-2002, 05:25 PM
I submitted this as a new thread. Ah!

Anyway, my roommate from last year is a chapter consultant. If you get Brittany, she rocks. She has a deeper love for DZ than any sister I've ever known.

Jen