PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Seuss's wife

SigkapAlumWSU
08-18-2002, 03:39 AM
Ok, we were debating today, and I searched through a whole bunch of threads but didn't find my answer. Did we ever figure out if Dr. Seuss' wife was really a Sigma Kappa? I think that I remember a thread that said that someone checked with nationals and she wasn't but I'm not sure. I know that he was a Sig Ep but that's all. Anyone know? (Our recruitment supervisor and my chapter were trying to figure it out and now it's just bugging me!)

PSUSigKap
08-18-2002, 09:06 AM
i posted a similar question on the national bulliten board. they told me that there is no record of either of his wives. but i still like to think she was ;) given the coincidence in how the grinch stole christmas movie!

Aquastar
08-18-2002, 10:10 AM
SOmeone had said she was a Kappa Delta ...
:shrugs: I dunno

SigkapAlumWSU
08-18-2002, 07:29 PM
I looked through those as well. I tried to look on the national site but I think that it automatically deletes them after a while because it was nowhere to be found.

SigKapSundevil
08-18-2002, 07:39 PM
How did the grinch steal Christmas and how does it relate to Sigma Kappa?? Please let me know, I can not figure it out!! Thanks girls:eek:

sigkapdancer
08-22-2002, 06:05 PM
Did Dr. Seuss really write the lyrics to the songs in the animated movie? My point is if Mrs. Seuss was not an SK, maybe it was someone involved with the film production who was a Sigma Kappa.

PSUSigKap
08-23-2002, 12:41 AM
oooh that's a really good point. i hadn't thought about that. we might need to do some investigating. . .

alphaiota
09-12-2002, 10:02 PM
it may have been someone on the film crew. just for the sake of being original, i hope that we don't have similar rituals, songs, etc. to KD. not that i think they are bad or anything, i just like to think we are original. (i already know one similarity between us and another sorority) how about Mystic Pizza? yall know that can't be a mistake. the producer HAD to be a sigkap.

shelley j
sigma k

SKRae
09-13-2002, 12:43 AM
I heard that his mistress was a Sig Kap and subquently black balled.

SoCalGirl
09-13-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by alphaiota
how about Mystic Pizza? yall know that can't be a mistake. the producer HAD to be a sigkap.

shelley j
sigma k

The writer of Mystic Pizza is a Sigma. :)

alphaiota
09-14-2002, 04:53 PM
pretty obvious when you watch the movie.:D
i own the movie and still find little things every single time i watch it.

shelley j
sigma k

DigitalAngel126
04-22-2004, 02:15 AM
Ok so did we ever figure out if she was SK or KD or a mistress?? I've always wondered too...

seraphimsprite
04-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by DigitalAngel126
Ok so did we ever figure out if she was SK or KD or a mistress?? I've always wondered too...

Well as disappointing as it is, according to Angela Guillory, Dr. Suess's wife was not a Sigma Kappa. I'm pretty sure she wasn't greek at all, but I don't know anything about a mistress. . .

DigitalAngel126
04-23-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by seraphimsprite
Well as disappointing as it is, according to Angela Guillory, Dr. Suess's wife was not a Sigma Kappa. I'm pretty sure she wasn't greek at all, but I don't know anything about a mistress. . .

Welcome, and please go here:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48795

:cool:

tericee
02-11-2007, 05:45 AM
I know this thread is old, but I was watching a video biography of Dr Seuss today and it got me thinking about this again.

His first wife's name was Helen Palmer. She was a Wellesley graduate, and as far as I know there have never been sororities there, just academic societies.

His second wife was Audrey Stone Diamond; I don't know where she went to college, but I can't find any reference to her being in a sorority.

Dr Seuss, however, pledged Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity while going to Dartmouth in the early 1920's.

SKdove
10-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Not that IMDb is completely reliable source, but it says that his wife is a Sigma Kappa... It also states that Dr. Seuss wrote all the lyrics to the songs in the animated movie.

The site doesn't provide any sources (as far as I can see) so who knows... maybe this is just a really well spread rumor.

Drolefille
10-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Not that IMDb is completely reliable source, but it says that his wife is a Sigma Kappa... It also states that Dr. Seuss wrote all the lyrics to the songs in the animated movie.

The site doesn't provide any sources (as far as I can see) so who knows... maybe this is just a really well spread rumor.

Rumor ;)