PDA

View Full Version : recruitment

uwgirl
08-11-2002, 02:30 AM
Hi, I'm a freshman who's going to rush at UW-Madison this fall. I saw that there was a chapter of Gamma Phi Beta there, so I thought I'd try to find out more about the sorority. Can anyone here give me advice about rushing gamma phi beta or just rushing in general? I really look forward to hearing from you and thanks so much for the help! :)

gphiangel624
08-14-2002, 02:11 AM
You should definitely go through Formal recruitment! I can guarantee you that no matter which house you end up at, you're going to love it! But of course, I am pretty biased towards my Gamma Phi sisters... I met a few girls at this past Convention from U of W, but I'm not sure which campus... Either way, they're all wonderful girls! Good luck with formal recruitment and let us know how it turns out!

Love in IIKE, Carol

"I'm a little Gamma Phi, Delta Lambda, Riverside. Everybody smiles at me, that is why I'm a G Phi B!"

uwgirl
08-14-2002, 11:17 AM
Hi, thanks for replying! I'm glad to hear that the sisters are nice...hopefully the ones you met were from Madison! :) I know that when I looked on Madison's all-greek website, I saw that Gamma Phi Beta won a bunch of awards at the end of the year...that's cool!

GPhiBLtColonel
08-17-2002, 03:54 AM
...uwgirl, when is rush? I am partial to Gamma Phi of course but they are esp great in Wisconsin! ;)

uwgirl
08-18-2002, 02:40 AM
I'm trying to find out when rush starts for sure, but I believe it is September 9. I found that there's a recruitment picnic August 31 and a recruitment orientation September 5, I believe. I move to campus next week so I'm looking forward to actually beginning college and recruitment!!! :)

GPhiBLtColonel
08-18-2002, 02:51 AM
Have you gotten any recs for any of the sororities at UW? Any family members in fraternity or sorority?

uwgirl
08-18-2002, 01:20 PM
I don't have any family or anything that joined sororities or frats...actually, on my mom's side, I'm the first to go to college. I was worried about needing recs, so I contacted the sororities on campuses, and the replies that I got said that most people are new to it and I shouldn't worry about not having recs.

chantillylace55
08-20-2002, 07:15 PM
hey uwgirl! how many sororities are at uw? do you have any idea about how competitive rush is or how many girls are rushing?

glad to hear our chapter at uw is doing well and winning awards! makes me even prouder to be a gammie!!!

xoxo
chantillylace

uwgirl
08-21-2002, 01:12 AM
There's 11 sororities at UW: Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Epsilon Phi, Alpha Phi, Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Pi Beta Phi, and Sigma Delta Tau. I don't know basically anything about the sororities at Madison or in general besides what I've seen on the net and in GC! I'm not sure how competetive rush is...I don't think it's that competetive, but I really don't know for sure. About 10% of the undergrads are greek...that's out of 40,000 including both frats and sororities.

chantillylace55
08-22-2002, 02:20 PM
wow your school is huge!!:eek: check around the rush threads for tips.. theyre awesome and REALLY helpful! be sure to keep us updated on your recruitment process!
xoxo
chantillylace

GPhiBLtColonel
09-10-2002, 02:36 PM
UWGIRL -- you simply MUST do a rush thread and leave no detail out!! Of couse we on this forum are rooting for Gamma Phi Beta!!!;) :D ;) :D

uwgirl
09-11-2002, 01:06 AM
Hey, sorry I didn't post sooner, but I do have a thread started! It's called "UWGirl's Rush Story"...I just finished my second night of first rounds (one more night and 4 more houses to go), so I still have to post! Thanks for the interest and support :)