PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment

kayla_adpi
08-02-2002, 04:36 PM
i just wanted to see if you adpi ladies are as pumped as i am about recruitment. when does everybodies recruitment start and do you have any fun things that you do during spirit week to get ready for it? our recruitment is august 16-20th...and about the fun activities for spirit week i'm not sure yet..this will be my first time participating in recruitment. :)

pi love,
kayla

nauadpi
08-02-2002, 05:16 PM
we start spirit week august 18th...and yes i am so excited. IT is a big deal at my school this year, because rush is supposed to be really large. Our's school's last big recruitment was 5 years ago, and this is expected to be larger. I am just so excited.

violets
08-08-2002, 03:21 PM
Good Luck to all my ADPi sisters!
Recruitment is an amazing time. It feels overwhelming to try and communicate how much ADPi means to the pnms, but have faith that your enthusiasm will be obvious.
We are really fortunate to belong to this amazing organization, with such a rich history. It's truly a rare and special thing to be an Alpha Delta Pi.
That being said on a practical note listen to your MVP when she tells you no perfume, no watches, no this, no that...all these little things matter a lot.
Be supportive of her (I'm a former mvp myself so I have a lot of sympathy). As you enter Spirit Week and recruitment ask yourself every day how can I contribute to make this a good experience for my sisters?
Some suggestions: write cards to those who are organizing Recruitment. Slip them into their bags unnoticed so when they get home they have something that tells them they're doing an essential job for the chapter.
Take aside a nervous new sister and tell them how happy you are to have them in the house and how lucky the pnms will be to see Adpi through their eyes.
If you are an underclassman get together with some other girls and get the Seniors a little something to acknowledge their last Rush. Nothing costly, a note saying thank you and how much you admire them will mean everything.
Show up to everything on time.
Chant and cheer like your life depended on it, even if it is the 1,000th time.

Good Luck, have fun.
Go ADPi

kayla_adpi
08-08-2002, 04:41 PM
thanks ladies for posting your replies to the question i asked. adpisweety thanks so much for replying to the email...its really nice to hear from adpi sisters from other schools. and violets thanks a bunches for the nice reply you gave....this will be my first year participating in recruitment..so you gave me some good ideas :) thanks ladies!!!
pi love,
kayla

Carrie7777
08-09-2002, 02:30 PM
My school doesn't start until Septemeber 30th, we're on the quarter system. So rush doens't start until September 15th. This is also my first time on the other side so I'm excited for that! Good Luck for rush everyone, I hope you get tons of great alphas!

violets
08-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Carrie7777,
This is your first Rush as a sister! Oh my goodness, have a wonderful time honey. That is so truly exciting.
Just to warn you, it's easy to get overwhlemed the first time so make sure that you keep in contact with some experienced Sisters as a "reality check" after each day. I know that I thought I had said the absolute wrong thing to each and every rushee, which really wasn't true, but it felt like that. I was just so anxious to communicate how fabulous ADPi is!
Just take deep breaths and really listen to what the older sisters say during Spirit Week, they do know what they're talking about.
Also, definitely memorize a list of emergency questions. Any woman who has been a rusher can tell you a story of a nice girl who just wouldn't talk, wouldn't say a word. We all have those stories. That's where the memorized list comes in: ask what they did in High school, what their favorite book was as a child, what their favorite movie is, etc... I know the questions seem stilted and forced but believe me you will meet someone in your Rush experience that will be ablsolutely silent and you'll be glad to use them.

Have a great time.
Go ADPi!