PDA

View Full Version : Chapter LIfe

Melliebea
07-31-2002, 10:45 AM
I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas...
I am looking to see what other chapters do for sisterhood and morale boosters... At Xi chpater we have a S.O.W sister of the week and have a little stuffed piggy that the sister gets for her "trophy" but that is about it! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
ALSO ... how do other CLVP teach the CARES manual and FIPG to their chapter.. I mean we have been doing it.. but in not such a fun way.. :(
any suggestions?
mel:)

pollywogg23
08-01-2002, 01:40 AM
This is something that our chapter life started last year, it's called the Support-a-Sister Bra. A new person gets it at every chapter menu, and the person who has the bra picks a sister who was helpful, or supportive of them that week and presents it to her at the end of the meeting. Not only does she get recognition, but the whole chapter gets to hear how she helped, or supported another sister, each sister who's had it get's her name on it in black permanent marker, it's kind of neat!

maggieaxid
08-01-2002, 09:09 AM
my chapter always responds to food...whether it be cookies, candy, or a gift certificate to a restaurant or something. We do it once a month for chapter...just to liven things up a bit.
we also had "21Sunday", we had chapter meetings on sunday at like 4, and then all the sister's that were 21+ would go to the local bar afterward and chill out together. since the bar was so empty on sunday night it was a great way to get to know each other.
also, we had 90210 nights down at the house and we'd all show up in comfy clothes with pillows, throw some money in for pizza or something and watch tv or just chat with each other. and this actually worked for an org. with 100+ members.