PDA

View Full Version : Who's been lavilered?

HotDamnImAPhiMu
07-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Hi ladies!

Just wondering.... who of you out there have been lavilered or sweethearted, and by what fraternity? And what was the experience like for you?

LIOB
~ Jax

xo_sue
07-24-2002, 09:55 PM
Hope you don't mind if I post in your thread-

I got lavaliered and it did not mean that much because the guy did it when he graduated so he would not get the lav treatment from his fraternity. Have the guts to do it when you are in college- you know what I mean?

The candlelight was awesome but after a year- we broke up and my granddaughter's boyfriend (who was also an ATO) could not afford a lavalier so I gave mine to him to give to her. That meant more to me than getting it in the first place.

VSUPhiMu
07-24-2002, 11:30 PM
I always thought it would be fun, but my boyfriend isn't in a fraternity. Sometimes I wish he were, even though he TOTALLY understands my love for my sisters. I just think it would be fun to go to BOTH our formals and socials together.

-VSUPhiMu

HotDamnImAPhiMu
07-24-2002, 11:53 PM
Sorry to sound stupid for a minute....... but what's the lavilere treatment from a guy's fraternity brothers?

Energizer420
08-01-2002, 06:27 PM
my boyfriend is in a fraternity and he wanted to do it, but his fratenity doesnt let them do it unless they are engaged or married which I think is kind of stupid cause by then your to old and not into anymore. Atleast thats what I think

Crazydaze
10-02-2002, 03:03 PM
I was lavaliered by my (now ex) boyfriend during our junior year. He's a Pi Kappa Phi in the Zeta Chi chapter, and it was an absolutely amazing experience, very solemn, and it meant so much to us then. Oddly, in May the necklace broke when I was out somewhere and I lost the lavalier...not that it mattered much, b/c we broke up about a week later. Maybe it was some sort of weird sign. I have to say the candlelight with my sisters had much more meaning for me though, b/c I thought I wasn't going to get one and then my big planned it as a surprise...for me!

LCA PD 306
11-16-2002, 05:08 AM
I know I am in a fraternity, Lambda Chi Alpha, but I lavaliered my gf last christmas. She is a Phi Mu here at Univ of MD - Balto County. It has been fun I think for her..........it really puts an officialness on our relatonship. I would never take it back.
I also wanted to say, I love your girls here. They are so much fun.
Thanks for doing such a great job with your sisters!!!!!!

LCA PD 306
11-16-2002, 05:10 AM
I forgot to add............because I lavaliered her in December I got tossed into a huge pond on our campus when there was ice in it.
What us guys do for love.:D

OUlioness01
11-16-2002, 08:13 PM
I don't think there's any treatment now, but one of our alum told us that in the 80's one of the chapters would strip the guy who lavaliered one of our sisters down and tie him to the lamp post in front of our house. luckily the sisters knew about it and always kept clothes for them at our house

phimugirlie01
11-18-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by LCA PD 306
I know I am in a fraternity, Lambda Chi Alpha, but I lavaliered my gf last christmas. She is a Phi Mu here at Univ of MD - Balto County. It has been fun I think for her..........it really puts an officialness on our relatonship. I would never take it back.
I also wanted to say, I love your girls here. They are so much fun.
Thanks for doing such a great job with your sisters!!!!!!

That's so sweet!!! I love hearing good things about phi mus everywhere! On a sidenote, the lambda chis here are all great guys, really fun to party with!

HotDamnImAPhiMu
11-24-2002, 04:32 PM
Don't you think that's the cutest thing that the Phi Mus at Ohio Univ. knew to keep clothes for the naked fraternity boys that got chained to the post in front of the house post-lavilereing?

Wow do we have great sisters :-)

phi269mu
12-15-2002, 10:49 PM
Ok, after I posted my reply to this question as a new thread, I have this thing figured out. Sorry, but it takes me sometime, damn puter!!! Ok so here is my reply to your question. Sorry!!!!

I was lavilered by a Sig Ep my junior year in college. It was great. His brothers really didnt like it at first but soon warmed up to the idea and treated me life part of the group. My boyfriend really made it special and completely surprised me. He was more excited I think then I was, and I was damn excited. It was nice to wear his letters and have such a special promise between us. And it was part of tradition, it felt like another piece to the greek life puzzle :)

phi269mu
12-15-2002, 10:55 PM
HAHAHA, I almost forgot about the pond...yes at UMBC when a guy lavaliers a girl he gets thrown in the nasty ass pond, that will totally kill you if you drink the water. Well my bf lavilered me in December too and he got carried across campus in his dress cloths after his frat meeting and then tossed intot he freezing pond...needless to say I had to throw those cloths out bc I couldnt get the stink out of them...thanks for reminding me Phi Delta!!!!!

phigamma261
12-18-2002, 02:28 PM
I was lavaliered by a Lambda Chi also. Gotta love UMBC and that pond! He lavaliered me 2 years ago and was thrown in the pond in December. He got word it was happening though, so he ready for it...I had to bring him dry clothes it was cold out! It was so gross. So now, 2 years later, we are planning our wedding :) :D

roqueemae
08-19-2004, 05:16 PM
My now husband who is a Kappa Alpha lavilered (we call it "dropped" because we call our lavileres drop letters) me. I wore my Phi Mu letters and his KA letters together. He had gotten me both as gifts so they matched.
He also proposed at the Phi Mu house at a meeting. He planned it with my best friend who served in our wedding. The chapter had a candle passing planned and when it got to the "engagement round" she stepped to the middle of the circle and waited. His KA brothers were all lining the sidewalk outside the house and one of them knocked on the door and called me to go outside. My husband was waiting on bended knee at the end. It was great to have all of these special people there with us. My younger sister is also in the chapter so I loved having her there.

Phi_Mu_Shea
11-11-2004, 11:58 PM
My boyfriend told me on our year ann. that he did not believe in lavilering me. Well we went to Cancun three months later and he gave it to me on the beach at under the stars. It was sooo romantic. He is a Phi Tau at Georgetown College.

trojangal
11-12-2004, 05:54 AM
I was lavaliered by my TKE boyfriend in college. He gave it to me personally when we were down on a vacation in Miami. About 5 months later, we were engaged, but broke it off my senior year. Right about the same time, he went inactive with the fraternity as well. Never knew what to do with the necklace so, asked about it this past weekend. Interestingly, visited the TKE chapter this past weekend while at Homecoming to visit some of the brothers I knew. Asked them what to do with lavalier. One of the brothers said to just keep it tucked away in the jewelry box along with memories. One alum said if I wanted to, I could wear it to the house whenever I came by to visit. Thought that was so sweet...

RoseNWhiteLion
12-06-2004, 02:54 AM
Oh Jaq, you just want to live vicariously through our sisters who have been laveliered ;)

PhiMuLady5
12-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Well ladies,
I just wanted to anounce the news that one of my sisters got lav. this past weekend. The FIJI's were having their Christmas party and they always sing to their lavilered girls. Her boyfriend got on stage infront of everyone and made this big speal about how great she is and how he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. (This infront of everyone of his brothers.) She was so shocked. Then the guys sang to her. I could only hope for as much.

Pink_Bug
12-10-2004, 07:44 PM
I was lavilered in college by my boyfriend who was a Pi Kapp. It was the sweetest ceremony...all the guys sang to me, their were even some vows that we took...a real tear jerker. He had invited some of my sorority sisters there to watch also. He did it on the steps to one of the main building on campus because he said he wanted everyone to see just how much he loved me! It was a total surprise to me...I can't believe my sisters were able to keep the secret!
The big kicker was that a couple of months later he cheated on me and needless to say we did not last! Bad ending but it was a wonderful thing at the time.

graceluvfaith
06-28-2008, 01:14 AM
I might just be a big romantic, but i want to be lavialierd so badly, but my boyfriend really isnt into all that mushy stuff...

phimu88
08-10-2008, 11:33 AM
we called it "dropped", I just thought it was always called that didnt know anyone called it lavaliered. lol