PDA

View Full Version : AOII's & DU's on Trading Spaces!

NeonPi
07-18-2002, 11:12 PM
http://tlc.discovery.com/schedule/episode.jsp?episode=553651030

Berkeley: Prospect Street

University of California Greek Week finds the Delta Upsilon fraternity and Alpha Omicron Pi sorority swapping digs in a battle of the sexes. The sorority's TV room goes glam with stripes, while a major cleaning and party-size ottomans spruce up the frat.

Airs Aug 31 @ 9pm and 12:00am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Side note: You should have heard the whoop at Leadership Institute when this announcement was made - what a great sisterhood activity!!

pandarose18
07-19-2002, 10:34 PM
How cool! I love Trading Spaces and I can't wait to see our sisters on the show! It will be exciting to see what they do with the room too! I'll be watching with everyone else!

Roses,
Sarah

AOII*Azra-elle
07-20-2002, 04:16 PM
I absolutely LOVE that show--so I will be watching, of course! :)

SnowLady
07-22-2002, 02:48 PM
And, for those collegians on the board, One of the two AOIIs on the show is one of your Chapter Consultants for the upcoming school year!

After talking to the chapter adviser of Sigma Chapter, she said that the swap was a lot of fun and the chapter is really excited about their "new" room!

AOIIforever
08-18-2002, 10:07 AM
Yay.. That is that CC's chapter that is visiting us right now.. Jessica Burger. She is really awesome. Can't wait to see trading spaces!

AOIIalum
08-18-2002, 10:39 AM
AOIIforever, are you in Pi Alpha? If so, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE this week! Please let us know how things are going if you have time, I'm sending lots of love and roses your way. I miss being back in the kitchen washing dishes this time of year :)

Roses,
Christin
Pi Alpha 1984!

pandarose18
08-18-2002, 12:16 PM
I thought that it was the UC Berkley chpater....Is it Jessica or Ericka Boyd that is going to be on?!?!?! Oh well, I'm just confused. I'll have to just watch and see. I'm excited to see some of our wonderful sisters on the show!!! :)

Roses,
Sarah

SnowLady
08-18-2002, 12:36 PM
Sigma is UC Berkley

AOIIforever
08-19-2002, 12:17 AM
Your probably right, I just heard her talking about the trading spaces thing while we were out to eat and assumed it was about her chapter.

Yes I am a Pi Alpha! Today was our first round of parties (yesterday was introduction day) and it seemed to go really well. Everyone loved our theme and commented on what laid back girls we were.... I just hope they still think that at the end of the week!
There are around 200 girls going through this year!! That is so much! We had to triple rush girls today in order to have rotation, but it wasn't so bad. Tommorrow is skit day (I'm in it!) and we have 7 parties again.
Wish us luck!! Quota is probably going to be set at about 25 or so... (bigger than our entire chapter!), but we're hoping for the best!!
Good to hear from a IIA alum! Are you going to be attending our 20th anniversary celebration in Feb? Its going to be great!

Talk to you later

pandarose18
08-19-2002, 01:15 AM
OK!!! It makes sense now! :) I thought I was totally loosing it since I saw it was Sigma @ UC Berkley and I thought Ericka was the CC from that chapter!! :) Now it is clear! :) Thanks for the extra info and good luck with the rest of recruitment!!! I know y'all will do GREAT!!! :) Keep smiliing those beautiful Alpha smiles!

Roses,
Sarah

bubblevicious
08-19-2002, 11:57 AM
I'm so jealous of you guys! I LOVE trading spaces. Me and my roomie so wanted to do that last year. Like always, I will be watching! Good luck and I hope you like what they do. Who is your fav designer? I like Vern the most personally! :D

AOIIBrandi
08-31-2002, 07:33 PM
Bump....

This comes on tonight!

rubyrose
08-31-2002, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the reminder. We love that show in my family!! :)

AOIIalum
08-31-2002, 08:53 PM
I can't wait to see our AOII's shine on national television! I'm such a nerdy girl :D

Christin

AOIIBrandi
08-31-2002, 10:03 PM
Our ladies were wonderful on TV. I definitely think that we got the better end of the deal. The DU room would be cool for parties, but would definitely take some getting used to.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't use any of the organizations' colors or insignia....

AOII*Azra-elle
08-31-2002, 10:11 PM
I just finished watching the Trading Spaces with the AOII's! Yay! I love that room! I was shocked at seeing the DU's room before it started, but I guess that should be expected with frats though! *haha*

AOIIalum
08-31-2002, 10:12 PM
I loved the exterior of both houses. What amazing architecture, wow! My DH just laughed at my reaction to our house at Berkeley...what a gorgeous house! (and he yelled at me every time I screamed at the tv whenever Paige said "frat"!!! DU is a fraternity!!! Yes, I feel better now)

I don't know what I think of either room, though. Gen and the DUs did a wonderful job, but it's almost too nice for a TV room. I loved the black ceiling contrasting the walls, that was really nice. I also wish there had been something to incorporate colors or symbols/mascots into each room. Of course, that may have been hard considering no one wanted red because of Stanford, and well, our color is cardinal! LOL!

AOII did get the better end of the deal, but I think Doug could have done *anything* for DU and had it look better than what they previously had. That green can be painted over, it was bright bright bright!

Our sisters were just great, as were the men of DU. What a fun ep. Isn't it nice to see a positive representation of sororities and fraternities on television?

Roses,
Christin

AOIIBrandi
08-31-2002, 11:02 PM
I know others are reading this thread too, so I just wanted to add that the DG ladies from Santa Clara looked great too. I really like what they did to both houses :)

AOIIalum
09-01-2002, 07:11 AM
Television Without Pity has recapped the episode already (amazingly enough because it takes some recappers days to get recaps online, but I digress.) I have NOT read it yet, but the link is http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi?show=87

Warning--if you don't already visit TWoP be forewarned that the site name is serious, it's television WITHOUT pity. If you get offended if someone insults your fave shows, then stay away. The TWoP folks can snark with the very best of the 'net, and yes I do honestly love it.

I'll edit this post if needed after reading :)

Roses,
Christin

SnowLady
09-01-2002, 11:58 AM
So, I was watching the show last night and I had several thoughts. Perhaps my thoughts come from the perspective of a) I'm 30 and b) I'm president of a corporation board - but here they go:

1. The painting from the AOII house that they painted over - the ENTIRE time, I'm thinking - "PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that this wasn't painted by an alum!"

2. "They're burning the curtains! Those could have been re-used as something else!" And by the way why was there an S on them?

3. "Is either room funcitonal? Did they take into consideration that this is for college students?" - yeah, that'd be from the 30 year old point of view.

4. "Orange and Green?" Again, 30 year old point of view. My husband was like - OMG - we would be painting over that tomorrow. But I pointed out - that the members are more than 10 years younger than him and they might like it - ala Austin Powers.

5. "Honey, aren't my AOIIs adorable!" I love that they fought for the beer lights! I love that they were so true to life!

And, finally - I kept thinking - how can we use this for Winter Formal Recruitment????

Those were my random thoughts. I thought the room at the AOII house was great. What'd you think?

rubyrose
09-01-2002, 02:59 PM
I thought the show was great and that Erica and Cheryl did AOII proud. :) I thought the AOII house was beautiful, and the finished room was not too bad for a sorority house. It certainly was unique and quite a conversation starter for any new visitors to the house (especially during recruitment).

I was not liking that green color at the DU house. I also didn't like the fact that they painted the wood floors but in light of whatever mold might have been growing on those floors, perhaps it was not such a bad thing to paint them.

All in all, I thought it was great, and I think Trading Spaces should work with more sororities/fraternities on college campuses. The whole idea of the show lends itself to that youthful, fresh perspective that college students generally tend to have.

Hootie
09-06-2002, 01:17 AM
My mommy (an Alum) wanted to watch that episode but missed it. Any idea if it'll be on again. She wanted to see her sorority on Trading Spaces....as do I!

Hootie

AOIIalum
09-06-2002, 07:09 AM
Looks like it will be aired again in a couple of weeks, on September 12 @ 4pm.

Christin

AOII*Azra-elle
03-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Erika was our CC this semester. She seemed awesome on tv and really is! *haha* It was awesome....playing 4 square in our house... :) Too bad we can't have Trading Spaces fix our new house, oh well!

kiqualey12
03-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Ericka has been our past CC and she's our CC coming in April again. We love our Ericka!

AOcutiePi2002
04-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Ericka just left here yesterday.....she was really cool!!!! We had a great time with her :)

Roses,
Lacey

AOII*Azra-elle
04-04-2003, 08:38 PM
We just had Rebecca as a surprise visit. It was nice being able to sit down with someone and talk about the South--being a southern girl and all stuck out here in Colorado! :) I think all our cc's are great this year! :) Hope they are just as awesome next year too! :D

EETL
05-16-2003, 07:43 PM
The Chapter Consultant came to our chapter here in NC, she's great. She told us after the show they had to rip down all the stuff they did in the frat house because ropes hanging from the ceiling were just not good for frat boys.