PDA

View Full Version : Amerie Support Thread

1Babygirl2000
06-05-2002, 10:04 PM
Hello Sorors, Sistergreeks and Sisterfriends...

I would love to have your support!! There is a hot new artist on the Columbia label, by the name of Amerie, who has her first, single out on the airways right now! If you haven’t heard the single, check out her website http://www.amerie.net and listen to a snippet of Why don’t we fall in love. Also check out her message board and tell her what you think of the song!! Please pass this on to all of your friends. We must support our young talented artists. Don’t forget to go to http://www.bet.com/106andpark/ and http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/ and vote for Amerie’s video for her first smash single, Why don’t we fall in love. Thanks for your support!!

Also, if you've heard the song, please post what you think! Thanks everyone!

Gina1201
06-05-2002, 10:10 PM
I love "Why Don't We Fall in Love". Amerie has a nice voice and the beat to the song complements her voice. I have also heard another one of her songs, "I Just Died", on a DJ Envy mix CD and I liked that better than the first song. I'll make sure to post some feedback on the message board although I didn't know that she had a video. Thanks for the info.

librasoul22
06-05-2002, 10:24 PM
"Why Don't We Fall in Love" is the jam!

1Babygirl2000
06-06-2002, 09:46 AM
Glad yall like it! She has some amazing songs on her album, man...I can't even put it in words. But yes, her video is out I've seen it on MTV Jams, Cita's World and Hits from the Streets. As soon as 106 finishes with their move, it will premier on there as well! I will keep you all informed!! Thanks everyone!

JJSP01
06-06-2002, 10:06 AM
Babygirl,
How do you know Amerie? Do you work with her or something? Is that why you're promoting her album? That's cool if you're in the industry! Just curious...

1Babygirl2000
06-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Amerie is my best friend/roomie and I work for her and her manager. So the promotion comes from that and for me just wanting to see her succeed. I'm in the process of designing and having a new website for her put up as well. :) Hope that answers your questions!! :D

Reds6
06-06-2002, 01:07 PM
Please vote for Fundisha's new Song on there also. She is my LS's bestfriend. Thanks

JJSP01
06-06-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 1Babygirl2000
Amerie is my best friend/roomie and I work for her and her manager. So the promotion comes from that and for me just wanting to see her succeed. I'm in the process of designing and having a new website for her put up as well. :) Hope that answers your questions!! :D

That's awesome!! Always nice to see sista trying to succeed!! Tell her congratulations from all of us on GreekChat!!!

Peace & Blessings!:D

1Babygirl2000
06-06-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by JJSP01

That's awesome!! Always nice to see sista trying to succeed!! Tell her congratulations from all of us on GreekChat!!!

Peace & Blessings!:D

I certainly will!! I'm sure she will appreciate all of the love and support. Also support Fundisha...she and Amerie are label mates!! ;)

Trice26
06-08-2002, 02:31 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
you guys should definately support Amerie. 1Babygirl introduced me to her when they first moved to the area and she is not only a very talented person but also very sweet. everything i have heard from her is da bomb. i just wish all the radio stations and mixtape dj's would learn how to pronounce her name:D :D

1Babygirl2000
06-09-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Trice26
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
you guys should definately support Amerie. 1Babygirl introduced me to her when they first moved to the area and she is not only a very talented person but also very sweet. everything i have heard from her is da bomb. i just wish all the radio stations and mixtape dj's would learn how to pronounce her name:D :D

:lol: Thanks Trice26! Yes, the pronounciation is the worst!! A-MARIE doesn't seem that hard to pronounce, but you would be surprised!!

treblk
06-11-2002, 02:13 PM
:D I just saw her video yesterday and I must say she is alright. I love the song and it was nice to finally but a face to the song.

I hope the music industry does her justice.

D.COM
06-11-2002, 03:17 PM
Hi:

Just wondering if it would be okay to add the link you posted to my web site that I am creating: http://www.dstcentral.com

A collaboration of MANY links on the Internet - many of which we get tired of searching....ALL RIGHT HERE!

(Site is under construction but information is added daily.)

Thanks,
D.COM

1Babygirl2000
06-11-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by treblk
:D I just saw her video yesterday and I must say she is alright. I love the song and it was nice to finally but a face to the song.

I hope the music industry does her justice.

Whoo-hoo!!! Yeah, that's the reason for the set up of the video...to let the world finally see who's behind the voice.!! :D

Gina1201
07-04-2002, 05:48 PM
Hey Babygirl,

Just wanted to say that I saw Amerie in the new issue of Sister 2 Sister magazine. This is the first time I've seen any print recognition of her. However, the magazine stateed that her album was coming out in August and not at the end of this month. Do you have any info on that?

1Babygirl2000
07-04-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Gina1201
Hey Babygirl,

Just wanted to say that I saw Amerie in the new issue of Sister 2 Sister magazine. This is the first time I've seen any print recognition of her. However, the magazine stateed that her album was coming out in August and not at the end of this month. Do you have any info on that?

Hey Gina,

I believe that's a misprint. The official release date is July 30, so be on the look out!! Amerie is also in the Aug., edition of Honey, and The Source. She will also be in the Sept. isse of Vibe as well as some other magazines (WAY too many to list).

1Babygirl2000
07-18-2002, 04:23 PM
Just an update...you can get exclusive info from her new site http://www.amerieonline.net

treblk
07-24-2002, 10:54 AM
Man, I heard her this morning on the Russ Parr and Oliva Fox show and she has a wonderful voice.

Her album comes out next week, and I will be there to pick up a copy.

Sidenote:D I just met Soror Babygirl on the elevator. How ironic she works 2 floors down from me :D

1Babygirl2000
07-24-2002, 09:27 PM
That's what I like to hear SUPPORT!! Thanks Treblk, it was nice to FINALLY meet you. How crazy was that meeting!!! ;)

Trice26
07-24-2002, 10:58 PM
I'll be in line with you treblk getting my copy next week too but i want an autographed copy. And booooooo to 1babygirl2000 for not telliing me she was going be on the radio this morning.

Gina1201
07-30-2002, 01:13 PM
I just went out and bought Amerie's tape today and I must say I love it. It reminds me of the first time I listened to Mary J.'s "My Life" CD. My new favorite is track #2 "Talkin' To Me". All of the songs are great and this will be in heavy rotation in my car. BabyGirl, please send Amerie best wishes on the release of her CD. I'm sure she'll do great.

SweetestDiva
07-30-2002, 01:20 PM
Amerie is supposed to be on 106 & Park today. I saw her on a MTV video show this morning, so she is really doing her thing. :)

JinglesSpr99
08-04-2002, 10:22 PM
OO~OOP to all of my Sorors!
I hope all you have heard the song "why don't we fall in love". If you like the song please support her by voting her onto your favorite count down. Another Soror who is also a gcer is very close to her. Finally there is a singer who is not promoting sex or bling in her videos. And she is also a college graduate. Its about time that we have more positive role models in the media.
If you want to support amerie please check out www.amerieonline.net This site is the site that is designed by our soror!:D

JinglesSpr99
08-04-2002, 10:33 PM
Lol!! Hey I had just posted a thread too !!

Honeykiss1974
08-05-2002, 12:23 AM
I love Amerie's music. Tell her that I wish her nothing but much success! :D

Someone mentioned that she was a college graduate also. i too am sooooo glad to see a positive young BLACK woman doing her thang (and not shaking her thang!!!)

;)

1Babygirl2000
08-05-2002, 10:10 AM
I just went out and bought Amerie's tape today and I must say I love it. It reminds me of the first time I listened to Mary J.'s "My Life" CD. My new favorite is track #2 "Talkin' To Me". All of the songs are great and this will be in heavy rotation in my car. BabyGirl, please send Amerie best wishes on the release of her CD. I'm sure she'll do great.

Thanks Gina! I definitely will give her your best wishes!

1Babygirl2000
08-05-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
I love Amerie's music. Tell her that I wish her nothing but much success! :D

Someone mentioned that she was a college graduate also. i too am sooooo glad to see a positive young BLACK woman doing her thang (and not shaking her thang!!!)

;)

HoneyKiss...I will do that. And yes, she is an Alum of Georgetown Univ. :)

Kaydphia
08-05-2002, 08:33 PM
Hey Amerie's CD and I really like it. I am listening to it now on my computer as I type. The thing is they are selling it here in Nashville for only 5.99. Why is this? Will this effect her success? Is Amerie a Delta by chance? Also while I was reading her linear notes, I wondered if the names of the ladies on this forum who know her is listed in her thank yous?

Kay

Gina1201
08-05-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Kaydphia
The thing is they are selling it here in Nashville for only 5.99.

I think it might have to do with the fact that she is a new artist. I know they sold it here for $6.99. I guess they figure that people won't want to spend that much money on a new artist. Oh well, the CD's still HOT!!:)

jojapeach
08-05-2002, 11:53 PM
I loved Amerie's song the first time I heard it! I will make sure to support her and the CD. She seems to be a beautiful woman inside (you know how someone has a certain aura about them) and out, AND she has a wonderful voice.

SisterGreek BabyGirl, you are doing a great job promoting her. *two thumbs up* :D

JinglesSpr99
08-06-2002, 03:25 AM
I work a t Best Buy and every week there is a different new artisit on sale for $6.99. Last week it was Jersey Monet. This week it is N.E.R.D(again). But they have been running specials on the first day older artist come out with their cd. Foe example trick daddy's new cd will be $9.99 for tomorrow only. This is not an advertisment in any way 0:) And yes babygurls name is mentioned in the cover :D

1Babygirl2000
08-06-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Kaydphia
Hey Amerie's CD and I really like it. I am listening to it now on my computer as I type. The thing is they are selling it here in Nashville for only 5.99. Why is this? Will this effect her success? Is Amerie a Delta by chance? Also while I was reading her linear notes, I wondered if the names of the ladies on this forum who know her is listed in her thank yous?

Kay

Amerie's cd, as well as others are so cheap because the industry is changing the trend. When new cds drop they are selling them for cheap prices as incentive to buy. They will go back up to regular price eventually, but this is a marketing gimmick. It doesn't affect her success. Success is measured in units sold not but amount of album.

Amerie is not affiliated with any greek orgs...it just so happens that her best friend is ;) :D. Yes, my name is listed in the liner notes...Niki, that would be me. :D :D

JinglesSpr99
08-08-2002, 02:43 PM
YEAH!!!!!! Big Congrats to Amerie and Babyguuuurl! They got word last night that Amerie is #2 on the billboard charts! #1 being nelly And #3 is eminem!! Keep out the great work! I am proud of the positivity. And this being music that i don't have to worry about my little nephews listening to! Cause it is clean. No hoochie mamma songs. Or the bling bling world! Keepin it real!!!:D :p ;) :) :p and one more for the road:p

Gina1201
08-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JinglesSpr99
YEAH!!!!!! Big Congrats to Amerie and Babyguuuurl! They got word last night that Amerie is #2 on the billboard charts! #1 being nelly And #3 is eminem!! Keep out the great work! I am proud of the positivity. And this being music that i don't have to worry about my little nephews listening to! Cause it is clean. No hoochie mamma songs. Or the bling bling world! Keepin it real!!!:D :p ;) :) :p and one more for the road:p

Congrats again goes out to Amerie! Also, I opened my new issue of Honey magazone to see that she is also a spokeswoman for The Candie's Foundation and a model for dollhouse clothing. Keep up the good work, Amerie and Babygurl!:D

1Babygirl2000
08-11-2002, 09:09 AM

Congrats again goes out to Amerie! Also, I opened my new issue of Honey magazone to see that she is also a spokeswoman for The Candie's Foundation and a model for dollhouse clothing. Keep up the good work, Amerie and Babygurl!:D

Thanks Gina! We are working HARD to keep her at her current positions or to push her higher!! Thank you all for your love and support!!

***FYI...She'll be on tour with Nelly this fall...I'll keep you all posted***

Kaydphia
08-11-2002, 01:46 PM
I sure hope that they stop through Nashville. Many artists like to forget about the dirty south......

Kay

BLUTANG
09-04-2002, 12:53 PM
:D i finally got hold to Amerie's CD and it is SO NICE. I wish her the best of luck and continued success in this industry. "I Just Died," "Talking to Me," "Nothing Like Loving You," and of course WHY DON'T WE FALL IN LOVE have been in heavy rotation in my home and car. :D

nikki1920
09-04-2002, 02:26 PM
Im listening to her right now! I really like the remix of Why dont we fall in love, too!!! :)

librasoul22
09-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BLUTANG
:D i finally got hold to Amerie's CD and it is SO NICE. I wish her the best of luck and continued success in this industry. "I Just Died," "Talking to Me," "Nothing Like Loving You," and of course WHY DON'T WE FALL IN LOVE have been in heavy rotation in my home and car. :D

I like Nothing Like Loving You. It is my favorite on the CD.

Senusret I
09-04-2002, 03:51 PM
Babygirl, sent you a PM. . .let me know if you don't get it. (GC be acting up)

Originally posted by 1Babygirl2000

1Babygirl2000
09-04-2002, 06:56 PM
I'm been gone for a MINUTE! I'm so glad that you all love the cd! That is always wonderful to hear!! I've been working non-stop on that website and it's up and I hope you all come and visit! http://www.amerieonline.com!!

The second single will be hitting airwaves ASAP! Also the video for Talkin to me will be premiering on BET this coming week, we think!

Whoo! More updates are on the site!

OH! And the Nelly tour starts in OCT!!! So I hope yall can come out and support!! Dates TBA!!:D :D

JinglesSpr99
09-13-2002, 01:28 PM
HEy!!
I just got this from 1Babygirl2000! I hope some of you can help us out
Aiight yall, emergency task!!! We just found out that Amerie's video for WDWFIL was picked to air on Nickelodeon tonight!! But it's a contest between her and two other videos: Michelle Branch and some other dude so we gotta vote for her today so her video will be shown on nick 2nite!! So far Michelle Branch is winning!!

So go create a user name & password and then you can vote for her as many times as you want
http://nick.com/music/nick_video/index.jhtml

DSTilmatic_1913
09-13-2002, 02:31 PM
I just purchased her CD as well and it is in constant rotation in my CD player. Definitely one of the best CD's I have purchased in a long time. I just love:

1. Why Dont' We Fall In Love

3. Nothing Like Loving You

5. Need You Tonight

7. I Just Died

:D

Kaydphia
09-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Has anyone heard how the cd was selling? Is she gold yet? Or platinum?

Kay

JinglesSpr99
09-25-2002, 04:45 PM
Have any of you seen Amerie's new video! It is the jam of the week on Mtv Jams. Look closely at the boots. They are stilletos that look like timbs:eek: :D :p

Trice26
09-25-2002, 04:56 PM
The video is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! And if any of you get a chance to see Amerie perform with a live band, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Babygirl and I saw her last week in New Jersey with the band and it was well worth the trip. She was EXCELLANT. :D :D :D

1Babygirl2000
09-26-2002, 06:17 PM
I haven't been on here in a LONG time! But I will post my review of Amerie in LIVE concert in Newark, NJ last week.
Ok yall!

I had the privilege to attend the show in Newark, NJ on Sept. 18 at the NJPAC. I must say in advance if you ever get the chance to catch Amerie live…do it!! It is well worth it. Well, where to begin…I guess from the beginning of Amerie’s set. First of all I must say that she looked AMAZING as usual! She had on a black jagged v-neck form fitting shirt and a leather knew length skirt. This was a totally LIVE performance yall! When I say live, I mean LIVE! She had a full band and everything!! Ok, on to the performance, I know that’s what you all want to know about!! * grin *

The first song she came out and performed was a remake of “Before I Let Go” originally done by Frankie Beverly and Maze. I have to say that she took this song to the next level! The next song she did was one of her own, “Nothin’ Like Loving You.” She put her ALL into this song. There were a few changes and some definite soulful adlibs that were added into the song. It was absolutely beautiful. It will definitely bring a tear to your eye. “I Just Died” was the next song up to bat. All I can say is whoa! If you like the version on the album…the live version is a force to be reckoned with! “I Just Died” led up the newest single “Talkin’ To Me” which was hot!! She was working those heels and again, there was a little twist added so Amerie could show off her vocal skills. Of course last, but certainly not least was “Why Don’t We Fall in Love!” Whoooooo, yall, I can’t even describe the entire show.

This was definitely a great opportunity for Amerie to show off her skills not only as an artist, but as a true vocalist!! She is a young R&B sensation with a mature soulful voice with that hip-hop swing to it. I think after the show last night she gained a lot more fans! I’m going to end it with 2 words…SIMPLY AMAZING!!

Also, her second single "Talkin to Me" should be playing on your stations...if not...CALL THEM! lol Also the video is out for that single, she will also be appearing and premiering the video on 106 & Park on Oct. 1st for BET!

Gina1201
10-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by JinglesSpr99
Have any of you seen Amerie's new video! It is the jam of the week on Mtv Jams. Look closely at the boots. They are stilletos that look like timbs:eek: :D :p

I FINALLY saw the video on 106 & Park tonight. Amerie is definitely doing her thang !;) And those boots were HOT! Does anyone know where I could find a pair?

1Babygirl2000
10-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Glad you liked the video!! The boots are Manolo Blahniks!! The only other pair of them (that I know of) is Lil Kim. THey should be in the stores now, or very soon!

1Babygirl2000
10-14-2002, 12:26 PM
I attended the Oct. 12th Nellyville concert in Washington, DC, and I must say that Amerie definitely gave it all she had. Dressed in a fabulous beige, tan and white python print ensemble, Amerie was ready to do her thing!! To accentuate the neutral colors she wore, her background singers and dancer wore tans, white, and browns.

Upon hearing the announcer introduce their hometown sweetheart, the crowd went wild! I'm sure this uproar made Amerie feel right at home. When she hit the stage, the crowd's first in person glimpse of her since Usher's 8701 tour, their reaction was one that would make you think that Amerie was the headliner of this tour.

"I Just Died," the song that kicked off the set is obviously a crowd favorite at this point. The first sounds of the hard hitting baseline drove many to jump to their feet and sing along. The smooth track and the jazzy melodic sounds fell not on deaf ears, but on attentive ears as the crowd was listening intently. You could tell by the bobbing heads that even the most hard core rap fan was feeling this song. Upon the announcement of her name and the first down beat of the song, I noticed one woman in a fitting red dress get out of her seat and sing every word to "I Just Died."

Amerie then slowed the tempo down a bit by singing "Nothing Like Loving You." This song definitely captured the attention of Amerie fans and any non-believers that may have been in the arena. Amerie definitely proved that she has the vocal ability to back-up what they heard on the CD. I overheard a group of girl saying, "Oh my gosh!! She sounds even better live!" Thus proving that Amerie definitely has the skills needed for a long lasting career. The crowd was full of people who were feeling the song; they were up on their feet singing along and swaying as if they were in a trance. They were definitely in the mood of the song. I caught a glimpse of some guys decked out in their hip-hop gear standing and letting it be knows that this song was, as one guy said, "Definitely off the chains!"

Amerie took a few minutes here to let DC know how good it felt to be back at home even if only for a short time. She then introduced her second and current single "Talking to Me." "That's my jam!!" Was being screamed by a group of teenage girls, who could obviously relate to the words of the song. Showing a bit of her dancing ability, Amerie did a few moves with her dancers and continued to work the crowd.

It was time for the last song of her 15-minute set and everyone seemed to know what that song was going to be. Amerie asked the audience to stand up and help her sing this last song…"Why Don't We Fall In Love." The entire arena jumped to their feet to show that this was the song they were waiting to hear. As Amerie was singing and dancing with her dancers in their choreographed moves you could tell the crowd loved it. As they danced and sang in the aisles, they were definitely in the moment of Amerie!!

You could see and feel the excitement in the room. It was a moment for everyone to say that DC's newest sweetheart has made it. You could see by the smile on her face that she was pleased with the performance and by the crowd's reaction. The lights went down and the audience applause and screams could still be heard. What a wonderful way to come back home and to end the day. I was still keeping a close watch on the woman in the red dress who was now about to grab her seat. She then proceeded to let everyone in her section know that "That girl can sing and definitely has an old soul." From that statement she received many affirmative responses. At this point the music for intermission came on as the crowd eagerly awaited the appearance of rapper Fabolous.