PDA

View Full Version : Funny Fictional Fraternities/Sororities

phikappapsiman
05-04-2002, 12:50 AM
If you have seen "National Lampoons Van Wilder", you know how they have the Delta Iota Kappa fraternity (DIK's for short). What a great name! I was thinking, does anyone know of any other funny fictional fraternity/sororities? I had some friends who were fraternity guys at a Big XII school (I won't say where in Texas) do a prank flyer about a new (fictional) sorority that was starting on campus, Eta Omicron Epsilon (think about the letters). They did not put the greek letters on the flyers, all they said was basically, "...Do you want to be one of the first official Eta Omicron Epsilon's on campus? Come to an informational meeting on (insert date) at (insert location)". Since it was right after rush, a few women who did not get into the house they wanted showed up! It was not nice, but it was funny, and some of the women ended up becoming little sisters or whatever.

Skchickie
05-04-2002, 01:39 AM
well in sorority boys, the frat is kappa omnicron kappa (kok) and the sorority is delta omnicron gamma (dogs for nick name)
semi-humorous.

:-)

theta_phi
05-04-2002, 01:44 AM
Before I joined a sorority, my friends and I would joke that there should be a sorority called Eta Pi. Also, Alpha Omicron Kappa-
A OK

aephi alum
05-04-2002, 09:37 AM
Wasn't there a fraternity (in 90210?) called Kappa Epsilon Gamma? (KEG)

This isn't so much funny, as really awful :o My campus has a 3-story centrally located lobby, where sororities would hang drop-posters congratulating their new members or new sisters (and other groups would hang ads for events, etc). Some vicious group got together one day and hung a drop-poster reading "Sigma Tau Delta congratulates our new members" with a list of STD's altered slightly to look more like girls' names ("syphilisa" etc). :mad: The drop-poster did not last long.

xok85xo
05-04-2002, 10:05 AM
my junior year in college for halloween several of my sisters and i decided to dress up as members of the tau iota tau chapter of the alpha sigma sigma sorority..(ya'll can figure it out..) it was pretty damn funny

ZTAngel
05-04-2002, 11:51 AM
My ex boyfriend said that he wanted to make up a fraternity called Pi Omicron Tau. :rolleyes: Him and a few of his friends had shirts made with the letters and would actually wear them around campus.

33girl
05-04-2002, 11:54 AM
Delta Iota Kappa is a real (local) fraternity.

DeltaBetaBaby
05-04-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by xok85xo
my junior year in college for halloween several of my sisters and i decided to dress up as members of the tau iota tau chapter of the alpha sigma sigma sorority..(ya'll can figure it out..) it was pretty damn funny

The Shi-Ai chapter here is actually the Alpha Sigma Sigma chapter.

jharb
05-04-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by aephi alum
Wasn't there a fraternity (in 90210?) called Kappa Epsilon Gamma? (KEG)

I know they always referred to the fraternity in 90210 as the Keg House, but I wasn't sure if the letters really were Kappa Epsilon Gamma. The sorority that Donna and Kelly were in was the Alpha Omega house.

I used to love that show!

Jess

RockChalk
05-04-2002, 04:33 PM
I once saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "Kappa Tappa Kegga." Not Greek letters, but very amusing. :)

Betarulz!
05-04-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by jharb

I know they always referred to the fraternity in 90210 as the Keg House, but I wasn't sure if the letters really were Kappa Epsilon Gamma. The sorority that Donna and Kelly were in was the Alpha Omega house.

I used to love that show!

Jess

There is an Alpha Omega house here at Nebraska, but it's a campus ministry.

TrojanGirl
05-04-2002, 11:10 PM
At Louisiana Tech University there is a co-ed social frat called Sigma Lambda Kappa (or Slack) They have "relax" instead of rush, and thier pledges are called "relaxees"

TG

dzsaigirl
05-05-2002, 12:07 AM
Trojangirl, I actually like that idea! Relaxees...hmmm...

Anyway, before I rushed, I dressed up as a stereotypical "sorority girl". I had the buttons from every sorority on campus pinned to me and I wore letters that I had made at the greek store. It said Gamma Nu Omega.....standing for Girls Night Out. I thought it was pretty cute :)

KappaStargirl
05-05-2002, 12:53 PM
One of the fraternity houses on my campus caught fire when I was a student there. As it turns out, the fire was set by members of that fraternity (accident) and the members of the four other fraternities on campus started referring to it as Pi Rho. Later in the year that same fraternity threw a disco party and everyone giggled when they played "Disco Inferno."

If you watch the movie "Can't Hardly Wait," Jerry O'Connell makes a guest appearance and he's wearing a Delta Iota Kappa shirt.

japhir
05-08-2002, 05:56 PM
After a couple of guys didn't get into the Frat they wanted, they made shirts that said "Tappa Kegga Dayya" to make fun of the greeks on campus. We all actually thought it was funny and I believe some of the brothers from the frat that didn't take them started wearing them too!:D

FuzzieAlum
05-08-2002, 06:48 PM
There were some guys on my campus (no idea who) who posted flyers all over campus for Sigma Epsilon Chi, with this big crest on it. The principle feature of the crest I remember was a nekkid women's legs spread wide open. Ugh!

pirate00
05-08-2002, 07:33 PM
Duiring last year's Halloween celebration in Greenville, I noticed a member of the Epsilon Zeta chapter of Sigma Epsilon Chi (EZ-SEX) :)