PDA

View Full Version : Hey KD sisters, I need legacy info.

Leslie Anne
05-03-2002, 05:50 AM
Alright, as a Kappa Delta I really should know this, but...well, I don't.

My cousin is going through Recruitment at SDSU this fall and I want to send a reference to the KD chapter there. Right now I'm looking at the Reference form in The Angelos and it has boxes to check off for KD relatives: sister, mother, grandmother, and other.

Of course I will check the "other" box and put "cousin", but I was wondering if she would be a legacy. Probably not, right?

I'm about 99% sure she would NOT be considered a legacy, but I just thought I would check with my more knowledgeable sisters here on Greekchat.

AOT,

Leslie Anne

kdonline
05-03-2002, 02:00 PM
No, a cousin is not a legacy...but I think on the form, there's a place that says "does she have any other Greek connections". This is where you mention any relatives who were in any sorority.

Usually, when I fill out a rec & this is the case, I usually highlight the line - "cousin - Kappa Delta!" to make sure the chapter sees it.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to get another KD to fill out a rec on your cousin, too. The more the chapter sees the name recommended, the better!

Your KD friends can write a rec - there is a box that says something like "I do not know this girl personally, but I'm basiing my recommendation on () school counselor, () trusted friend () another Kappa Delta....etc" I'm not sure of the exact wording.

Leslie Anne
05-03-2002, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the info!

I've never filled out a rec before.
I really didn't think she was a legacy, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks again and AOT,

Leslie Anne

P.S. kdonline, are you Annie? If so, Hi!!! We've chatted on the Sunday night chat a few times. :)

kdonline
05-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Yup yup...tis me, the geekiest internet nerd Kappa Delta has ever pledged!!

We'll have chat night tonight 10pm ET -- all KD's are welcome!http://kdonliner.tripod.com/chat.html

(and if you're on any of my buddy lists, I'll IM you when I get online.)

I'm sure lots of the discussion will be about the California KD's & their state day!

AOT!
Annie :)

kd_girl96
07-07-2002, 06:04 AM
Annie,
I think I have you beat on the "geekiest" girl KD ever pledged... but I will give you the title of "grand pumbbaa nerd ":)

kdonline
07-08-2002, 09:56 PM
but I will give you the title of "grand pumbbaa nerd "

Ahem, it's "POOBAH" - didn't you ever watch the Flintstones? ;) It's not a self-proclaimed title, though...

And, btw, I have been online since 1983, when I was a geeky 16 yr old...long before the days of AOL & color monitors..

kd_girl96
07-08-2002, 10:06 PM
So Was I annie : ) I was on prodidgy, and My dad worked for wang... then IBM since I was like..... well pre kindergarden anyway. : ) I remember playing hang man on a black screen with green (or in our case, amber letters : )

Em