PDA

View Full Version : Mixed emotions...

SigkapAlumWSU
04-19-2002, 03:01 AM
You guys, I am so happy and sad! Tomorrow is going to be the last initiation I attend as an Alum before I go active again. I'm so excited because I'm going to be active, but kind of sad that I won't be alum for another 2 years again... that and my pledge class is all about to go alum this year! I'm going to be so old! I'm looking forward to it, but all the people I know are graduating... :( But I'm also excited about all that I am bringing to the Chapter as an older member, and all the great stuff I get to be a part of, plus, that wonderful sisterhood!!!

LIS,
Melissa

SigkapAlumWSU
04-22-2002, 03:36 PM
I joined my freshman year, then took two years off school (not the orig. plan, I was only going to take one semester off!!) But I returned to school this year as an Alum and hadn't really thought about reaffiliating at all. But I was talking to another greek friend of mine, and he mentioned it and asked why I wasn't. I couldn't think of one reason not to and about a million for why I should. So here I am, active as of August this year. I questioned if I would be too old, but everyone in the chapter has been really excited that I'm coming back, so I don't think about it too much. I'm planning on becoming a very active member next year, and I'm going to be participating in all the things that I missed (Homecoming, Greek Week, Philanthropies, exec, cabinet..) We have 15 women going alum this year (WOW!) and most were in my pledge class so formal recruitment is going to really exciting, trying to make up the loss.
I also wanted to welcome our 5 newest initiates for Spring informal! We have such a huge number coming back for formal, I'm super excited to see how things turn out!!

SigkapAlumWSU
04-23-2002, 06:24 PM
I didn't go through Order, but I was Alum according to nationals and I was also a re-chartering member of an Alumnae Chapter. So in all sense, I was alum, and as such, required to write a letter informing the chapter that I wanted to change my status back to Active member from Alum status.