PDA

View Full Version : Need more happy thoughts and good luck wishes!

greeklawgirl
04-15-2002, 12:15 PM
Hi girls,

I just found out this morning that I will be taking a difficult written examination tomorrow that will line me up for a BIG promotion. It would mean more responsibility, better benefits, and a $15,000 raise!

I'm excited, but I'm really nervous! I'm going to be cramming all afternoon and evening tonight. So I'm asking you all one more time to pretty please keep me in your thoughts and prayers for the next 28 hours! :)

I'll let you know how I did as soon as I get out of the exam.

LeslieAGD
04-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Maria, you're gonna nail it cuz you rock! I'll be sending you some major Epsilon Pi Rays of Good Luck! :)

AlphaGam1019
04-15-2002, 02:49 PM
Maria,

You are so bright and articulate I can't imagine you doing anything but doing really well on your exam!

I'll be thinking about you! ;)

LiEP
Nina

UMgirl
04-15-2002, 04:22 PM
Maria, you know you'll get it! But i'll make you a deal.... Ill pray for yours if you pray that I land this job working for the US Attorney General of NY as a legal assistant. This is like my dream job and im typing up my resume as we speak for it.

Tonya :)

AGDLynn
04-15-2002, 05:15 PM
Gosh! I'm soo jealous, lol!!!

Good luck to both of y'all. I know you'll do great!!

LIEP,
Lynn

Lisa Fishman
04-15-2002, 06:29 PM
Maria. Good luck. Actually, you dont need luck because I KNOW you will ace your exam!!!!!! I'm thinking of you. Lisa

canadajen
04-15-2002, 08:18 PM
GOOD LUCK MARIA !!! :D

I'm sending you as much luck as I can Maria - I need to say a little for myself for my exam tomorrow morning.

While I won't get benefits or a $15,000 raise, I WILL officially have met my graduation requirements for my bachelors ... for those of you who may know my long story, you'll know that tomorrow's a doozie for me!

Maria - once again, best wishes!! You'll do awesome!!

LiEP,
Jen :)

KappaStargirl
04-15-2002, 10:13 PM
I LOVE YOU MARIA!!

You'll be fabulous. And after you're done and get that big raise we'll get together for real and take a field trip to Rodeo Drive and you can buy yourself some new shoes and I can, well, look at your new shoes and not buy any because librarians don't make good money. :)

but before all that you get a great big GC hug. Every time I go to the Cheesecake Factory I think of you...Jeff and I were there last night and sat in the same booth we had for brunch. Weird, huh?

hawaiiagd
04-16-2002, 05:22 AM
You're going to do just fine!!!!!

Lots of Happy Thoughts coming to you from Hawaii.... :)

Loyally,
Mai Ly

greeklawgirl
04-16-2002, 05:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your good wishes and happy thoughts! I am SO relieved that it is finally over!

The test was just as hard as everyone said it was. I was really surprised at how arcane some of the legal questions were...I really had to reach back into the law school grab bag to remember some of those answers! :p

But, to make a long story short, I'm pretty sure I did well. It will be a few weeks before I find out my results and see if I get called for an interview. Goodness, the hoops they make you jump through around here!

Many heartfelt thanks again for all your good wishes! All you girls make me feel so special and so loved! :D

(PS: Tonya, keeping my fingers crossed for you, I know you'll get that job!)

(PPS: Jen, hope you passed your exam with flying colors!)

(PPPS: C., all I can say is...[off-key] will you still love me tomorrow? Even if I can't afford shoes from Rodeo Drive? lol)