PDA

View Full Version : Housing

HQRLHT
03-06-2002, 08:02 PM
Any one have any cool facts or history about the houses they live in? Here at Bethany in WV, the Epsilon Chapter, we live in an old church. it's three stories and was built in the 1900's. Their are 16 rooms, an apartment, two porches, and the roofs for both porches are flat, so we can party on the roof. also our basement is cool with a dancefloor, bar, dj room, and a room for the pool table and fooze ball table. we have a family room, kitchen, and a living room with a fire place that we use all the time. it's a really cool older house, and it get's partied in alot. it's also haunted. we have a staircase that circles up with a chandalere in the middle. it's cool......lets here about yours.

Eric E-1366 L.H.T

Kevin
03-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Our house is also haunted. It's just built in a very 'historic' part of Edmond. The residents say that the ghost is protective of the house. There are noises often downstairs when everyone is asleep. Did you happen to catch (I think it was the last issue) of the Delta about the haunted houses?

I think we have one of your alums on our advisory board and he had some cool things to say about your house.. Maybe not though he said it was an old tavern.. Maybe I'm totally mixed up but I think not...:D

SigmaNuSWTx
03-08-2002, 12:59 AM
Well, SWT is not your normal university for huge Greek houses. SWT is not that well known across the nation, but it is a huge school of nearly 25,000 students. We just got a house, but I would bet each of your houses would make ours look like a bathroom, yet it is the nicest on campus. We are, however, one of the only Sigma Nu chapters, if not the only, to have a small ranch. We have 15 acres, with a small two story house. We just built a 1500 sq. ft. deck onto the back of the house, donated by a gracious alumnus. We have not had our place long enough to notice any ghost, or weird things like that. We have had some wild parties out there though. It is hard to find, and the cops never come out there, so it is pretty much free rein.

LHT,
HT605

Delta_theta
03-08-2002, 02:27 AM
Well, our housing here at knox college is...interesting.

The Delta Theta Chapter here, started out at lombard college. In 1930, Lombard went out of buisness, and managed to run a rush over at knox, and eventuly fully come over to knox(in 1931). We have had a number of houses, one of which is now an apartment building, one of which burned down, one of which was removed to build the new Science and Math building.

Our current house was given to us in 1968, as 1 year temprorary housing. The lease ran out in 1969. We still have no "binding" lease, and no new house.

M.