PDA

View Full Version : What's a Watermelon Bust?

FHwku
03-06-2002, 06:06 PM
What's a Watermelon Bust? I've heard of them at other universities, but I don't know that anyone at Western has one.
http://farmhouse.org/images/fh-small.jpg

carnation
03-06-2002, 06:17 PM
Lambda Chi had one every year at Auburn. It was kind of like Sigma Chi Derby Days--there were several competitive events like tug-of-war and relay races. Everyone also ate a lot of watermelon.:)

pinkangel
03-06-2002, 07:11 PM
how is that different from, say, greek week?

ZTAngel
03-06-2002, 08:07 PM
Greek Week is for the whole entire greek community. Watermelon Bust is Lambda Chi's philanthropy and it's a smaller scale event then Greek Week. Also, Watermelon Bust does not get all the greek organizations involved they way that Greek Week does.

chantillylace55
03-06-2002, 08:34 PM
we're going through watermelon bash (thats what we call it here) right now. basically its all the sororities competing against each other, and lambda chi is hosting it and all the money goes to their philanthropy. its fun!!

chopper816
03-07-2002, 02:34 AM
we used to do a watermelon bust, but i was told that the administration thought it was an inapropriate event, long story short, nothing bad happened, the university didnt like it though, this was many years ago

meheron
03-07-2002, 11:32 AM
we have a watermelon bust every year. Alpha Chi Omega and Delta tau delta host it. Its like five bucks to get in and if you put a team into the event its like ten bucks. They normally have a band or two and they have a king and a queen. All of the teams compete in three events using watermelons such as over-under, pushing with your head, eating the watermelon as a team, ect... Whatever team wins gets the traveling trophy for the year.

Two years ago it was pouring down rain but we made it out to be a good time. The ground was extremely muddy so we decided to paint our faces with our letters and run around. We then started a mud slip n slide. By the time it was over and all the games had been through everyone was playing in the mud and it was just a big mudball fight. LOL

Kappa Alpha Theta
Ball State University:rolleyes: