PDA

View Full Version : STDs

skip101
03-06-2002, 12:50 PM
I was at a party and I met this girl. She had blister on her lip. My friend then tells me that she has herpes. I ask him, "how the hell do you know that?. He tells me that if you have a chancer sore on you lips it means herpes.

Is there a differece between a chancer sore, fever blister and a cold sore?

Is it possible to have a sore on your lips and not have herpes?

dzsaigirl
03-06-2002, 01:03 PM
Here's my long answer.

You know those sores you get in your mouth if you bite your cheek or your lip while eating? Those are canker sores.

Fever blisters and cold sores are usually on your lip rather than in your mouth (although they can be in there). They are caused by herpes. However there are different kinds of herpes. There is the type that you can get on your mouth. Then there is the type that is on your nether-regions. You CAN get the nasty kind on your mouth too!!! By engaging in certain activities that would bring your mouth close to those areas, if you get my drift. Then, if you kiss someone, you can give them that type of herpes on their mouth. You get it? So you can get genital herpes on your mouth and then you can pass it to people by kissing or sharing drinks or by engaging in activities. The doctor does a swab of the sore to test for which form of herpes it is. I have heard that genital herpes on the mouth looks much worse than a normal sore. As in, there will be almost a rash of them. I have actually seen someone like that before at the mall and my mom said that was what it was (she is a nurse). I am sorry my post is so long, but just let this be education enough for you all to reconsider doing oral things with no protection, and also be a warning for sharing drinks or kissing someone with a sore. Like Forrest said, "You never know what you're gonna get..."