PDA

View Full Version : Neophite for life?

MisplacedGam
03-02-2002, 05:46 PM
I pledged in fall 2000, my sophomore year in school, and my big and I totally missed initiation. I dont know why, we both totally zoned out and must have shared a brain that day, but anywho, they were like oh its ok, you can go through next semester with the new class, well I had to leave school due to illness, and will not be going back to that school again. what do I do?
tori

pirate00
03-04-2002, 01:17 PM
This is certainly an interesting dillemma you have here! I've never heard of anything like this before. In reality, you are not a recognized Brother by the Fraternity or its bretheren, however you did pass the requirements of pledgeship. The only thing you can do is to re-pledge again, that is if you enroll in another college with an APO chapter. You may also try to file a grievence with the National Office. Write to:

Alpha Phi Omega Nat. HQ
14901 E. 42nd Street
Independence, MO 64055

Good Luck to you!

-pirate00
Alpha Phi Omega
Kappa Upsilon chapter
East Carolina University
Fall 2000 pledge class

sister_hood02
03-10-2002, 11:26 PM
actually, if your chapter bylaws have a hold over clause then it is possible that you can catch the next classes' initiation. So search your bylaws to see if you guys have implimented a hold over clause and if not maybe you guys can consider an amendment to do so.
Peace
GSouU

WebMistress#6
05-03-2002, 12:38 PM
I think it is all up to your chapter as to when you can be initiated in your particular circumstance. Something similar to what you went through occured at my chapter, and all we did was have them initiate with the next pledge class. Try to see if they will assemble something like that with the chapter closest to you.

CorporateLady
07-30-2002, 02:17 PM
I know in our chapter we had a similiar situation but if you truly met all the requirements I don't see why the chapter at your school didn't allow you to attend the ritual with the next class even if you were not enrolled at that time. You should really file the grievance or talk to the chapter president or advisor, because if you are really serious then you will find away to become a true and lawful brother of Alpha Phi Omega.

Your's In L,F, & S
~~~Corporate Lady~~~