PDA

View Full Version : Would This Be Cute?

UMgirl
02-17-2002, 02:38 PM
Ok so I was at my part time job watching kids and I was talking to a 9 and 6 year old I use to teach swim lessons to and that im pretty close to. Im kinda like a big sister with them. So we started talking about my sorority and they asked what it was an etc. I told them I was a big group of girls who are very good friend and do community service, and have fun etc. So the 9 year old goes oh, so its like my 17 friends? I was like kinda but sororities are primary a college thing, even though some high schools have some. (Recently found out my mom was in a high school sorority). She kinda looked sad but I was like you could start your own lil one. Ok lil was the wrong thing to say to a 9 year old, and we went about that, but she knew what I was getting at. I told her how orgs usually get their letters and that it doesn even have to be greek letters it could be Club Friendship and you wear letters representing the name. Went through the alphabet and she goes suddenly, " I like Omega...Friendship Omega". I was like ok well you get to pick colors for it too. She was like I like purple and baby blue. Her sister chimed in pink. This went on for a total of about 10 mins, and they left to go swim with there mom. Then it hit me after.... Wouldnt it be cute too have a sorority for 9 year olds or like young girls. That name is cute and I like the colors. Imagine a 9 year old walking around with a purple sweatshirt with pink and baby blue double layer letters of Phi (Friendship) and Omega. They could do community service and go on different trips to different places. Do and talk about things to build and promote self-esteem and just have fun overall cuz they are young. It would get them involved in greek life kinda when they are young, but theres no pressure to remain or even go greek. Its just something cute. I think it would be fun to do this and I just might. What do you all think? :D

JenAGD
02-18-2002, 12:14 PM
I think this is a precious idea! It would also give sorority girls a chance to interact with younger girls and make an early positive impression on them. I don't know what you would have to do to get it started but I think that it is a great idea. You could do big sisters/little sisters and pair them up with older sorority girls. Incorporating the older sorority girls would also give you a dependable way of transportation.

Let me know how it works out!

Maybe we can start Phi Omega here in Birmingham eventually too!

LIEP
Jen

Katey Alpha Gam
02-19-2002, 03:44 AM
I tihnk that would be awesome!! That is kind of how Girl Scouts is. They have symbols and pins and colors and ceremonies and philanthropies and stuff. It's kinda like little girl sorority. But, yeah Phi Omega would be really cute!!! Lets get it started. I know some BLGO's have Hs sororities affiliated. Phi Omega can be little AGD!!!

AGDLynn
02-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Terrific idea!!

And if you get mad at them. you'd be PO'd! ;) :D